HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:11 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Thanks clicky, it's only been since my last visit to Technex that i suddenly started trying stuff & getting better. I'm just getting more relaxed with my 450 & finding it a little easier to think 'sim' when wanting to try something new. I remember the vids you sent me, i was soooo envious of your skills

Hey Butuz, sounds like your progressing quick. I only saw you hovering tail in last week but then you were'nt used to flying in a wind. This pic i guess Mangonjb took makes your Dragonus look like it's flying (excuse the pun ) I mean it looks like your flying very fast.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:35 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
... The same dam tree that has taken both of my boys kites just took my heli. ...(
Ouch! Sorry! 75 feet is out of any reach except a big crane. Helicopters weave the tail boom, skids, and blades in and out of small twigs and branches. It would take quite a gale to shake it out and there's no telling what pieces would survive a 75 foot dead fall.

Before this morning's flights I turned up the throttle curve to standard: 96 - 88- 85 - 88 - 96, giving a noticeable difference in power and cyclic response. I bobbled it slightly at the bottom of a loop and the cyclic pitch error was big enough to require a fast adjustment.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 21, 2009, 02:43 PM
DRAGONUS
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joined Jan 2006
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Hey Butuz, sounds like your progressing quick. I only saw you hovering tail in last week but then you were'nt used to flying in a wind. This pic i guess Mangonjb took makes your Dragonus look like it's flying (excuse the pun ) I mean it looks like your flying very fast.
Hehe cheers dude. Yeh I have managed to get about 5 or 6 flights in since last week and I am getting more confident with every flight. Just had another flight after tea just before it got too dark. Not so scared of turning the tail side on both orientations now!!

I've just fitted a Scorpion Commander ESC to the Draggynous and the extra 0.7 volt kick seems to have perked up my cheapo servos and the proper 20 second soft start is sooooo smooth.

Still having trouble deciding what to do with the dragonus, upgrade all the electronics in it, or keep it as it is and save for a bigger heli. Problem is the more I fiddle with the dragonus the better it fly's each little upgrade at a time. I've got the metal swash on and coupled with the extra servo performance the birst seems reaaaaaly smooth now.

The photo looks like it was going fast buit I don't think it was doing much more than 10mph

Butuz
Butuz is offline Find More Posts by Butuz
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:02 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Wanted ad in S.F. Bay Area: RC Helicopter shop manager!

Here's an eye-catching ad from yesterday's craigslist in San Francisco:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bus/1383224494.html

I almost applied for it myself! Any takers?

BTW: Gino—how are you doing? My prayers are with you.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:09 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Building my T-Rex 450 Sport! WOOT
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:17 PM
/bin/ksh
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Nov 2005
3,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D
Building my T-Rex 450 Sport! WOOT
How did you get it so fast!
Steve_C is offline Find More Posts by Steve_C
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:20 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Ordered it on Friday.. My friend that works their shipped it right away.. USPS priority takes 2 days! I got the hook ups
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:46 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Ouch! Sorry! 75 feet is out of any reach except a big crane. Helicopters weave the tail boom, skids, and blades in and out of small twigs and branches. It would take quite a gale to shake it out and there's no telling what pieces would survive a 75 foot dead fall.

Before this morning's flights I turned up the throttle curve to standard: 96 - 88- 85 - 88 - 96, giving a noticeable difference in power and cyclic response. I bobbled it slightly at the bottom of a loop and the cyclic pitch error was big enough to require a fast adjustment.

To make things worse. It started raining all day. I need to start the It's a bad day!! I lost my heli in the lake--no tree today post.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2009, 04:48 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
Not that again I remember that like 2 years ago.. or more lol
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:15 PM
/bin/ksh
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Nov 2005
3,363 Posts
I should see my 450 Sport super combo on thursday
Steve_C is offline Find More Posts by Steve_C
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:41 PM
Piro-maniac
Aiken, SC
Joined Feb 2007
1,262 Posts
Quote:
"enzo's heli's on a log in in the leaves in a hole in the bottom of the lake..."

I remember that thread. I don't think anything ever came of that. It was like a TV series you liked getting canceled during hiatus after a season ending cliffhanger.
shizack is offline Find More Posts by shizack
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:59 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,522 Posts
Quote:

LOL!! yes I hated it as well. I just put my Futaba fasst RX in my HK so I should be set. I took it out of the Hoss I am selling. I did get one of those $50 2.4 radios and 2 RX's, but after about 5 minutes it starts all the servos dancing. I should of used the $50 for a down payment on another Futaba RX
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:36 PM
He who is Elminister
Syracuse, NY
Joined Mar 2008
462 Posts
Is that purple lipo ready to pop(really puffed)? Funny camera angle?
Elminister is offline Find More Posts by Elminister
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:39 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminister
Is that purple lipo ready to pop(really puffed)? Funny camera angle?

No that is my newest test pack. So yes it is puffed. I only use it for set ups.

Of course I now have my first kong puff pack as soon as the heli falls to the ground.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:43 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
What a tough day, flying my Axe CPV3, just took off doing a right hand circuit like I've been doing for the last couple of weeks....just lost it, less than a minute into the battery... I haven't crashed in WEEKS! Then I get my other CPV3, fly for a minute or so doing right had circuits just fine, then nose in figure eights....and I drill my second one in I haven't been two down is I don't know how long

Both are fixed, didn't finish that write up I promised for work....should only take about an hour...it's going to be a long night
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox