Old Sep 20, 2009, 02:55 PM
Gaui/TopFuel/KBDD
Belgium
Joined Apr 2008
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Dragonus is just flying amazing!
Mine is comming! Should have it in 2-3 days...

BTW,amainhobbies are cheap and quick!
helipr0 is offline Find More Posts by helipr0
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2009, 03:26 PM
DRAGONUS
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joined Jan 2006
1,150 Posts
Got a flight in with me Dragonus before dinner!

I've managed to break out of my usual "just flying tail in solidly" and move it a round a bit! At last a break through!

Butuz
Butuz is offline Find More Posts by Butuz
Old Sep 20, 2009, 03:30 PM
DRAGONUS
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joined Jan 2006
1,150 Posts
Also got a flight in with the Innovator flew that around too with some some slow circuits.

Butuz
Butuz is offline Find More Posts by Butuz
Old Sep 20, 2009, 03:50 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Clicky— I have carried one helicopter in a daypack while riding a bicycle; how did you manage four? That would be a good picture for all heli-carrying bretheren to see.
Nothing much to be seen:

Protos nose in my bag. Over it MT tail in and both with plastic bag over them (protos's tail/MT head). HK with MT head over on bag's belt in the middle and 4g6 in the same plastic bag that covered HK450. One transmitter on one side and another (walkeras 2801pro for 4g6) on the another...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Sep 20, 2009, 04:40 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
Now lets see you go threw a check out in a airport.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2009, 04:56 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
haha, I have to tell the airport they are "display Models" otherwise they won't let me take them on the plane!
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Sep 20, 2009, 05:40 PM
Registered abuser
SoCal USA
Joined Nov 2007
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
Nothing much to be seen:

Protos nose in my bag. Over it MT tail in and both with plastic bag over them (protos's tail/MT head). HK with MT head over on bag's belt in the middle and 4g6 in the same plastic bag that covered HK450. One transmitter on one side and another (walkeras 2801pro for 4g6) on the another...

Wow. I bet it was hard landing them all on a wall like that.
skyzoid is offline Find More Posts by skyzoid
Old Sep 20, 2009, 06:39 PM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D
The 450 sport with Radix Stubz 268 paddles! Is the most insane 450 I have ever flown in my life! It is honestly like the protos but 450 size! you cannot bog it no matter what you do! 4 point tic tocs are effortless!
Does this mean your no longer a sponsored pilot for RCer ?

-----------------------
Sucks about your heli probs P4ddy, hope u sort them soon. Tail prob on the logo sounds strange, post on the Mikardo forum on HF and ask for help, list as much detail as you know, the guys there really know the logo's inside out.

Nice one Clicky, LoL .... + Didin't know you had so many 450 helis.

Man i just cant say enough good things about the little MSR heli, man i love it, had over 40 flights already and not only am i NOT getting board of it but i'm liking it even more as time goes by.
Funny, after flying the logo mostly for the last few months my 450 was looking so small at the field, before take off i'd be like man she looks tiny, now after flying the msr so much & not flying the logo at all, now when i fly the 450 i'm thinking it looks huge .

And i just got the logo out to do final bits & checks ready for tomorrow (when tail blades & lipo arrive) and man it looks crazy big now, i hope i dont get scared of it again, LoL.

Peace
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Sep 20, 2009, 06:59 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,762 Posts
We went to the big field on the river even though it was raining when we left. I got to fly my Logo 3 packs, the trex 600n a tank, Beam twice and Trex 450 once. The wind layed down nicely at 5pm and we whipped out the mSR's for 5 or 6 packs and I flew my Ember 2 plane for about 30 minutes. My buddy flew the big stick but I didnt fly it..

It is getting dark eariler already. It is going to suck when daylight savings kicks in or out...when the clock gets rolled back
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:28 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
Well I just got back in and lost my heli! The same dam tree that has taken both of my boys kites just took my heli. I turned it around and started back when the wind took it right into the tree.

Now there is no wind at all and it seems to be stuck.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:31 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
Well I just got back in and lost my heli! The same dam tree that has taken both of my boys kites just took my heli. I turned it around and started back when the wind took it right into the tree.

It's up about 75ft so the camera is at 16X digital.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:11 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51

It's up about 75ft so the camera is at 16X digital.
- sorry to hear/see it. Shame for lipo. BTW - your real name is not Charlie Brown, is it?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:26 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut
Nice one Clicky, LoL .... + Didin't know you had so many 450 helis.
LOL - not all of them are 450! And not all of them are air worthy (yet - )

I have MT (450), HK-450 with MT plastic head (will need to slowly upgrade it to metal as I started having tracking problems in inverted - lol), HK-450 that is not equipped with electronics (yet) and Walkera 22E with custom tail boom, bigger blades (288mm) and Walkera 60 metal head, HXT servos, etc... This last one has flown nicely twice but I've burned tail ESC accidentally and since struggling to find good one again. And, ah, on it's last flight motor's shaft got cut below gear.

There is, though, two missing: 250 size and 600 size helis!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:34 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Yep i flew today. I flew the Airwolf again . I put 4 packs through it & one very brief flight on the other hovering low inverted. I'm totally loving the windless days we have at the minute & all i keep flying is my Airwolf to make the most of it. I've NEVER been able to fly it for 3 days in a row before because of wind. I hope it's like it again tomorow. The only down side is there is still cloud & i NEED them Nimbus shades so i can fly high for the whole pack. I get paid on the 25th so i'll order some then.

Clicky, i know exactly what move you done, it's basic but looks good eh. Just need to do a 540 piro & not a 180 to make it better. Was you starting to relax a bit more with your nose in flips?? I've yet to try them but if you can do them then so can i . That's what made me do the inverted pie dish last week, because Technex could do it for real before me & i wasn't having that

ShuNut, I've just spoke to the guys at CSM & they said send it in & they'll test the gyro for me & also they'll test the 8900G for me aswell. This will at least eliminate a gyro/tail servo fault for the price of postage. It means no Logo for at least a week.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:55 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Clicky, i know exactly what move you done, it's basic but looks good eh. Just need to do a 540 piro & not a 180 to make it better. Was you starting to relax a bit more with your nose in flips?? I've yet to try them but if you can do them then so can i . That's what made me do the inverted pie dish last week, because Technex could do it for real before me & i wasn't having that
You're partly responsible for me progressing (other big part is ShuNut's) - and you - you just rocketed since last year!

Anyway 540 then! Cool. Thanks! Will try them. They're still sloppy (as most of my flying but a few came out pretty nicely).

Nose in flips - hm - not entirely good - I start on the left of the field and finish on the right side (no - it was not the wind - I moved to the wind - LOL). But with those as well - I managed couple (of maybe 10-ish) to look like ShuNuts (although much higher than his)...

But - yesterday as good day and I've used it to the full!