Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Why don't you take advantage of the MT's unique tail boom design & take it off so the whole thing fits.

I just flew on my way home from work. Man am i rubbish or what! It was windy but that does not worry me anymore, & i still flew totally pants. I'd better get better before the fun fly or i'm gona look a complete berk
I'm worried about the same thing, I fly well some days but "ok" the others... I want to get it at least good 3D everyday.

I wouldn't want to take the tailboom off every time I go out to the field, tail belt tightness would be different every time? (Or is the MT different I can't remember).
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:29 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
I'm worried about the same thing, I fly well some days but "ok" the others... I want to get it at least good 3D everyday.

I wouldn't want to take the tailboom off every time I go out to the field, tail belt tightness would be different every time? (Or is the MT different I can't remember).

It's different, that's why i said it. It just pops off with all the gear then pops back on without any adjustments
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:30 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
You can loop, roll etc whereas at the moment i can't even go round in a circle
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:33 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Ah, couldn't remember, suppose it would be a good idea then.

Paddy I still can't do smooth circles to good (I have a problem with them on the sim even).

Just keep crackin' mate the time off has effected you, you'll get back into the swing of it real soon. You should see me after just three days of not flying...
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:47 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Ah, couldn't remember, suppose it would be a good idea then.

Paddy I still can't do smooth circles to good (I have a problem with them on the sim even).

Just keep crackin' mate the time off has effected you, you'll get back into the swing of it real soon. You should see me after just three days of not flying...

Affected me "BIG TIME". I did manage my half pie dishes though like i showed you (& made you jump back thinking i was gona lose it lol) I did swing round & came nose in at myself but it was not very controled like i can do it. Iwent up high (ish) but had no smooth flow to my flying.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:05 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Man, I won't even do them pie dishes they need some skill to do!!

You're a master of "upright" moves .
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:33 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Man, I won't even do them pie dishes they need some skill to do!!

You're a master of "upright" moves .

Hee Hee, well that's the plan Tail down (skids out) pie dish, Backwards circuits, Piro fig 8's, Auto's, Reverse piro fig 8's. The pie dishes are not hard (easier than inverted hover) if you keep the sticks locked in position making the teeniest if any corrections then it will just go round & round. The hard part is having the balls to let it go round & round
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:35 PM
Joined Mar 2008
160 Posts
Sadly i flew today, i also broke my blade grips well i just order aluminum parts
max4242 is offline Find More Posts by max4242
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:15 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by max4242
Sadly i flew today, i also broke my blade grips well i just order aluminum parts

Unlucky mate... Aluminium will serve you well
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:25 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
I flew...

just not my heli my west wings toucan over the field again, life is getting boring, i now have till my exam results day off and i probably won't have my speed control for a few years knowing my luck . i have smashed a mirror once, can't remember when it was tho :s
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:29 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
I've smashed LOTS of mirrors in my 38yrs (hmm not 38 yet until 1st july just incase someone wants to buy my heli bling) I've also crossed the paths of many black cats whilst walking under a ladder.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
i have a black and white cat and i am sure i have walked under a ladder, do you think scaffold counts as a ladder?
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:40 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanepico
i have a black and white cat and i am sure i have walked under a ladder, do you think scaffold counts as a ladder?

NO! & neither does a black & 'white' cat
Old Jun 11, 2008, 04:16 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Why don't you take advantage of the MT's unique tail boom design & take it off so the whole thing fits.
As soon as someone comes up with a 'clip modification' - 4 screws and 2 nuts are between "easily taking it off" and "just leave it stick out a bit"

Quote:
I just flew on my way home from work. Man am i rubbish or what! It was windy but that does not worry me anymore, & i still flew totally pants. I'd better get better before the fun fly or i'm gona look a complete berk
I think it works like that: learning curve is full of dips (at least for me). Sometimes dips go really down... (remember couple of days/weeks post when I said I couldn't have done normal circuit!)

Just flying even when you really suck is what makes it better... Stick with what you know and like - these days I usually just return to hovering nose in - view is not as good as it was (lots of paint got peeled off in all these crashes), but I still have good reflection in mine 'chrome effect' canopy
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jun 11, 2008, 04:39 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
I think my foot has slipped down a hole in that dip Chrome!! i opted away from chrome as it's just too... well chrome & shiney & yes i remember your dip which you seem to have got hoisted out of with a bungee rope (where's did you put that rope? chuck it to me please )