HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2007, 12:29 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Clearview would pay for itself very quickly IMHO. I have RealFlight and I know I recouped that money. Besides... all the fun I've been having flying/crashing all the things I could never afford.

Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:21 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
I got the Mini-Pulse done in time to fly this afternoon with my helis but the thunderstorms kind of put that on hold till a later time. Maybe tomorrow after work.

Here's a pic, excuse the blue tape holding on the just glued canopy.

Rich
Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:20 AM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Got to my flying field at sun up (7ish) on a beautiful no wind morning. Had 2 helis and 1 plank and since I haven't flew a plank in a while, I pull out the E-Flite Mini Pulse first. Like I said, haven't flown fix-wing in many years but I've been practicing on RF. Well, that thing flew like a dream. It just needed a couple of beeps of up elevator. That dang thing would fly around as smooth as silk on 1/4 throttle. The 480 motor was more than enough of a power plant for this bird. Now that was fun.

Then I flew the Dragonus next. I've been tweaking the tx's throttle and pitch. It flew good as it did many time before. Mostly FF ....Put 2 pks through it.

The EP-8 was next. I've been messing with the throttle and pitch curves with this one also. I tweaked around with the LG-2100 and did mostly nose-in's and tight, low figure 8's. Dumped 2pks of A123's (I love'em)

Finished the morning with the Mini-Pulse. All in all it was a good morning, came home with everything as I left with it.

I'm getting a another heli near the end of this week... I'll save that topic for later.

HEY!!.... Get out there and burn up the sky!

Cheers,
Rich
Last edited by SlowRide; Aug 26, 2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
Flying better than every
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined May 2007
569 Posts
I flew today to I was just starting to hover half left side half nose in and I felt a drop of rain on my back, So i just flew it to my front door and brought her in no need to be shot down by H2O, thing is it was only a drop here and there and it been like that for atlleast a half hour but I dont want to chance it since I have some CNC goodies and a new canopy comeing tommorow. If it get harder I might just start post upgrade tear down now
Ginvent is offline Find More Posts by Ginvent
Old Aug 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
Joined Oct 2004
554 Posts
I got a new Walkera 5G6 palm sized heli and have been flying everyday. It's great for flying in small areas.
Velocity-8 is offline Find More Posts by Velocity-8
Old Aug 26, 2007, 03:23 PM
Flying better than every
Joined May 2007
569 Posts
IM GONNA FLY RIGHT NOW YEAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,755 Posts
Nooo That Is Why I Am Posting Everyware!!!!!!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2007, 04:49 PM
Front Yard Flyer
USA, MD, Edgewood
Joined Mar 2007
422 Posts
Im slowly building a esky esmart and have a well abused /ca'd esky cp2. I can hover tail in and a little to each side. I put in about 30 min of flight time today. I can get 15 min of hovering around on each pack with my flat bottom blades.

I just started trying piro's, and as long as it high enuff and I have alot of space to recover I can usualy pull them off.

Forward flight usualy ends up with a crash. Good thing this cp2 can take some serious abuse.
Decnav is offline Find More Posts by Decnav
Old Aug 27, 2007, 01:18 AM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
yup, flew my dragonus today.. did some flips, rolls, inverted hover just need to take some accesories off to lighten it up since it's 1000grams and i could probably get it to 780.
and i flew my new electric shock (plank)
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Old Aug 27, 2007, 06:48 AM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemanty
yup, flew my dragonus today.. did some flips, rolls, inverted hover just need to take some accesories off to lighten it up since it's 1000grams and i could probably get it to 780.
and i flew my new electric shock (plank)

Which model Dragonus is that moose? My N-Plus with no bling comes in at 765g with a 3s-2200 18c. I do NO flips, rolls or inverts (not on purpose) but when I bang the throttle/pitch to full up... V-o-o-o-o-m!

Rich
Old Aug 27, 2007, 07:09 AM
Digitally modulated
Florida
Joined Jan 2007
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide
Thought I would start one here with the helis. This would give others info on who is flying, what heli/helis they flew, how much they flew, the kind of flying, did it go as planned and the basic weather they flew in.
I flew this morning, and did something I've never done before: Make it through four packs in a row without crashing
Neil_J is offline Find More Posts by Neil_J
Old Aug 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide
Which model Dragonus is that moose? My N-Plus with no bling comes in at 765g with a 3s-2200 18c. I do NO flips, rolls or inverts (not on purpose) but when I bang the throttle/pitch to full up... V-o-o-o-o-m!

Rich
i have an elite/sa mix and it's not the heli that's heavy, it's all the custom crap i've put on it
Old Aug 27, 2007, 08:28 PM
Flying better than every
Joined May 2007
569 Posts
I just Re madien my heli after doing some Mods
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:48 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginvent
I just Re madien my heli after doing some Mods
oooooo... ahhhh...
looks good man
Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:01 PM
NYC's Finest
new york city
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
no i dint ride a motorcycle to work but i did ride it to chill... nways
i flew my trex 450se v2 in the afternoon 6 packs. i love this fing helicopter the most stable helicopter there is.(to me- i have flown 50 sized nitros i could compare)
drtmind01 is offline Find More Posts by drtmind01