Old Jun 04, 2008, 10:07 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudd
Whatís going on!!!
Been flying 4 or 5 packs a day for the last month. Just fig 8s both fast and slow trying to get real smooth.

Then today lost concentration for a split second and landed hard sticking the boom and smashing both blades.

Checked out the heli and every thing was OK so on went a new set of blades.

Test hover for a few seconds then went on to do a slow banked turn (which I have done a thousand times before) and dam if I didnít loose orientation again and down she went striking the blades on the floor.

4 blades smashed in less than 1 pack.

Think its time to go back to the simWhatís going on!!!
Been flying 4 or 5 packs a day for the last month. Just fig 8s both fast and slow trying to get real smooth.

Then today lost concentration for a split second and landed hard sticking the boom and smashing both blades.

Checked out the heli and every thing was OK so on went a new set of blades.

Test hover for a few seconds then went on to do a slow banked turn (which I have done a thousand times before) and dam if I didnít loose orientation again and down she went striking the blades on the floor.

Think its time to go back to the sim

Saying the same thing TWICE in one post aswell. Your having a BAD day & your concentration really is shot to buggery today init
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2008, 04:42 PM
"How old are you?"
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
I got 4 packs in tonight, it was a lovely evening here

Im getting more aggressive and have dropped my flight times to 6 mins to save my packs, i'm sure when i start my clock time accelerates???????

Heres looking forward to tomorrow night..

Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh
Old Jun 05, 2008, 04:37 AM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,849 Posts
Im still wainting on a new esc cause the stock belt cp one gives out too much interferance
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Jun 05, 2008, 06:05 AM
Paddle faster - I hear banjos!
USA, VA, Fairfax
Joined Mar 2008
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudd

Think its time to go back to the sim
or away from the bottle!!!
huckleberg is offline Find More Posts by huckleberg
Old Jun 05, 2008, 09:23 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Been a good day, done two packs with large loops, just tried two more but had to cut them both to pretty much hovering due to it being school leaving time... Man even before they leave all the parents are going over to meet them, had two people WALK UNDER the heli, man what idiots... Second packs the little kids come out so I just thought that's it 1 min into the pack and I disconnect the lipo...

At least I got to try one new thing, a vertical descent exiting from a loop but with a cyclic turn, easy in the sim but haven't tried that before.

Needless to say I'm currently looking on googlemaps for a new location to fly. Will have to stick my heli in my metal carry case etc but hopefully it'll be worth the walk.
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 05, 2008, 02:46 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
No not flown again today as i'm still spraying my canopy which so far is going well. Here are some pics of it's present state as i've just finished the top coat & took of the masking tape off the sreen (no bleed & perfect join YIPPEEE!) I'm leaving it overnight before sanding for the laquer. Should be finished at the weekend although i've got a lot of gardening to do then Check out the glow Not total darkness but the darkess corner i can find at the moment & this is from a daylight charge only.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 03:00 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Whooohoo, I think that's one of the best trex canopies I have seen, certainly a style I would choose! I hope it's nice and easy to see in flight!

I've been thinking about painting the bottom of my canopy white or fluorescent green... Not sure though.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun, fun fun day. Going to see one of my dads mates, I was with him once before when he was doing one of his first blade 400 hovers (which landed in the ground ). But he now has a Trex 600e already! So will get to play around with that and his blade 400 as well as mine .

Also going to take out my nitro truggy with a gallon of fuel, not that I would use that much before something breaks.....

Would be awesome if you could come Paddy, but oh well lol to late now :P.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 03:09 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Not the guy you mentioned having a lesson? It better be bloody visible...i'm thinking the contrasting solid black screen will be a big plus for orientation.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 03:13 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
I'll post another pic of the canopy when it's dark shortly so you all can really apreciate how glow in the dark it really is.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 03:14 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Not the guy you mentioned having a lesson? It better be bloody visible...i'm thinking the contrasting solid black screen will be a big plus for orientation.
Nah not that guy, haven't heard from him in a while... He has a Trex 600e also.

Black windowshield, something that looks nice but not in flight. I find in the sim I get it mixed up with the tail coming towards me, but I haven't done that in a while now. (because the frame and tail etc are black)
Last edited by LaurenceGough; Jun 06, 2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 03:51 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Black windowshield, something that looks nice but not in flight. I find in the sim I get it mixed up with the tail coming towards me, but I haven't done that in a while now. (because the frame and tail etc are black)
Makes sense. I found that newly coloured tail fin (to fluorescent orange) helps in that case...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jun 05, 2008, 04:10 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
I've never used a coloured tail fin although they do look like a damn good idea. I find the tape on my tail boom helps but I've never flown with a black windowshield in real life. It really caused me a few crashes on the sim, although now I always have a memory of what the model is doing (unlike what I used to be like).

The coloured tail blades look pretty damn amazing also.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 04:43 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,987 Posts
Not much of a charge from the light (30 sec under bulb) better with a daylight charge. This is in total darkness
Old Jun 05, 2008, 04:53 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
All set up for night flying now mate .

I better get some sleep anyway, night lol. Just had a session on Phoenix, getting pretty spot on with inverted backwards flying now.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 05:04 PM
Custom CNC machining
Plymouth, UK
Joined May 2006
765 Posts
Tried flying my mini titan again tonight after 3 maiden crashes. I now have 4 The link between the swash and the rotors didnt have enough thread gripping on the ball link and came loose 1 min after flying...Another set of blades, rotor shaft, hub, and the guide bit for the swash needed. I must have a record for the crappest heli pilot. £90 so far in spares for 2mins flying...Still, wouldve been good tonight if it want for the link failure.
jrubenis is offline Find More Posts by jrubenis