Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:16 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Wow Paddy!! Backwards flight, nice one! Great isn't it.
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:32 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Ain't it... I was almost doing hurricanes but upright skids out rather than inverted skids in like yours

Oh & backwards flight makes far better blade noise than foward flight although i don't know why??
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:46 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Tail blade vortexes hitting the main ones, that's what I reckon anyway. And inverted flight sounds much better than upright. Even forward flight inverted sounds different, and then there's backwards inverted flight... The best sounds a heli can make .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:51 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
he he, one day on the Logo. Good theaory mate
Old Jun 18, 2009, 06:00 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Piro circuits are easier because you are taking your key from an orientation you are familiar with. The more ways you can do an non piro circuit the more keys you have.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jun 19, 2009, 03:17 PM
Gaui/TopFuel/KBDD
Belgium
Joined Apr 2008
497 Posts
After 27 total flights with my beam, 12 in 3D I had a bad crash... ;/
helipr0 is offline Find More Posts by helipr0
Last edited by DamianPL; Jun 19, 2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:02 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
Piro circuits are easier because you are taking your key from an orientation you are familiar with. The more ways you can do an non piro circuit the more keys you have.
Say that one more time please? Do you think it is easier to do it (backward flight) with or without pirouettes?

I thought that orientation in piros are far more complex as you need to correct it all over the place - in all orientations rather than one at the time...

Also, when you say piro (p4ddy) - what do you mean: swing tail around until it gets to the 'known' position and do something about it - or go slowly around and correct it all the way through? I'm always confused what do people mean by piros... O: )
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:31 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
You can hold the cyclic in a certain way that it goes in a certain direction and keep it there. If your key is forward flight then the next time the nose faces direction of the piro circuit you apply cyclic changes to control direction. In my case i can fly forward, backwards and funnels. So I have manykey points to induce a directional change.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:36 AM
Gaui/TopFuel/KBDD
Belgium
Joined Apr 2008
497 Posts
I can do piro hurricanes now,they are not perfect but I HAVE TO corect the cyclic almost every 90 degres... It isn't like on the sim,at least for me.
helipr0 is offline Find More Posts by helipr0
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:40 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Well when i do a piro circle (can probs do a circuit actually?) i have the piro at a constant rate with no hesitation. To start the circle i'll either give a foward input or backwards to get it moving. Once it's moving i will give cyclic input which is like a very small stir of the stick. Occasionaly i need to make the input a little exagerated to make the heli go in the intended direction but that input is regardless of orientation. It may be back or foward, may be sideways or at nose 5 0'clock.
Now that i'm doing backwards flight doing the piro has become even easier. As what Gino is saying, if you can fly foward & backwards circuits it's easier, if you can do a pie dish or funnel it's then childs play.

So yes i correct all the way through constantly driving the model fowards & not at one given point. I have to add that i could do a pie dish, backwards 8's & piro circles ok on the sim & only now am i having the balls to do it for real. It's so great when sim memory kicks in.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:45 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
It's harder to use just one point for foward motion.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:07 AM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
I cant do a piro circle. I hate it. I can't see it yet. On the sim, I just crash & crash.
batusaix is offline Find More Posts by batusaix
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:06 AM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
I do it both ways- on fast piros it's easier to use a "key" direction for inputs, but on slow ones, I'll fly it at all angles. I don't really have a formula for it; I just do whatever's comfortable at the time.
osterizer is offline Find More Posts by osterizer
Old Jun 20, 2009, 07:15 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Flew today. Got my new 500XH motor. I dropped it in with a 13T pinion. Flights were good. No bogging and the unwanted dips when turning over. My piro flips were more confident. Although I could only manage those with my EZ Fly lipo. The RCModelPart lipos weren't as authoritative. But even with those relatively weak lipos the motor wasn't bogging. Flips and rolls were stationary. Nice thing is head speed isn't crazy fast. The motor still is 3500kv. Good day. Good day
Last edited by Gino CP; Jun 21, 2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 07:44 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined May 2009
504 Posts
Flew 2 packs today but I'm having overheating issues. On my 2nd flight, it went into "thermal" shutdown so I brought it in. I'm grounded until I get a BEC.
I'm thinking on getting this BEC;http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...TURNIGY_5-7.5A
Anyone if it's good for the stock 25A ESC on the Blade 400? Thanks!
Rc247 is offline Find More Posts by Rc247