SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2009, 07:29 AM
Gloves are awkward
Preston, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,201 Posts
Yes did my first inverted hovering today very impressed with my self!! Just getting back into my heli after getting some new batteries, have been doing flips, loops, rolls and stall turns with a technex roll thrown in!!!!! decided to keep it inverted half way through a flip and was amazed how easy it seemed to be to hover nose in inverted, i even brought it down to head height. Tried my first tic toc to but it was very messy. All in all im very happy and the heli is still one peice to, which is always a bonus!
ipjodan is online now Find More Posts by ipjodan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2009, 08:14 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Nice work! I see lots of first inverted stuff lately, must be the nice(ish) weather we're having lately, not only in the UK though!

Lol, a Technex roll, haha! Humm, surprised no one has corrected my bad terminology yet!

Off for another two flies in a bit, will get my dad to video. Well will try.
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Jun 08, 2009, 09:12 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I thinks it's because of all the talk about it. Plus there had been lots of tips and encouragement to do so. Nice work everyone!
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jun 08, 2009, 09:22 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Yeah, it must be! It's just getting over that fear of doing it for the first time! Every manoeuvre is like that unfortunately! Paddy's already progressing really fast since he's been inverted.

Two videos uploading to Youtube. Taking over a hour each and for some reason they can't do two at once, so one's queued behind.. Oh well!

When dad was recording I was shaking like crazy, dunno why I wasn't flying any different. Could see it in the heli as jerky movements . When I was changing lipo my legs, hands and arms were almost blurred!
Old Jun 08, 2009, 09:33 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
People have a natural fear of being watch and judged. It's in our genes. I also get shaky when recording my flights. It's silly, even when I record my sim flights, I do poorly LOL.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Jun 08, 2009, 09:37 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Yeah, that's so true isn't it! The funny thing is back when Paddy was recording me on his phone I can't remember shaking at all, maybe it was because we was flying all day pretty much beforehand. Ha... Half way done on first vid, well uploading...
Old Jun 08, 2009, 10:47 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Here's the first vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MfQxPgPRxw
Watch in higher quality by clicking the link and selecting "HQ".

2nd is still uploading.
Old Jun 08, 2009, 11:08 AM
EVOL OT YLF
Weston-s-Mare Uk
Joined Nov 2008
694 Posts
Whow! great flyin TEX!
Those multi point Tic-Toc's look sweet! But HARD.

Dan.
dan c is offline Find More Posts by dan c
Old Jun 08, 2009, 11:12 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Yeah, it's still hard to do the ones where the tail blows upwards but I'm getting there... You have to do them slow or it starts bogging down.

BTW I know the gain was too high, I put it in the description (but no one seems to read them lol!).

Thanks mate!
Old Jun 08, 2009, 11:17 AM
EVOL OT YLF
Weston-s-Mare Uk
Joined Nov 2008
694 Posts
Yep, missed that! Whoops.
How the Spartan, AMAZING i bet.

Dan
Old Jun 08, 2009, 11:19 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Yeah, I kinda didn't feel all the differences at first but I do love it now, can't really improve on it! More locked in for sure and has a nice feeling to the tail.

Arghh, 2nd vid got a unknown error when uploading to Youtube... Starting again, 1 hour it says .
Old Jun 08, 2009, 11:44 AM
EVOL OT YLF
Weston-s-Mare Uk
Joined Nov 2008
694 Posts
You might be able to help me actually, I'm havin some trackin probs. Just rebuilt the head from scratch and it still goes off track when i go into idle up. Even if i track it in idle up and then switch packs, it goes off again.
Any thought's?

Thank's Dan.
Old Jun 08, 2009, 11:49 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan c
You might be able to help me actually, I'm havin some trackin probs. Just rebuilt the head from scratch and it still goes off track when i go into idle up. Even if i track it in idle up and then switch packs, it goes off again.
Any thought's?

Thank's Dan.
Hummm, I'll try, although I never really have had that problem myself.

First of all make sure all your links are slop free from the swashplate up. You shouldn't be able to make them click when pulling/pushing on them. 2nd make sure the feathering shaft is straight, if you put a new feathering shaft in did you check it on a bit of glass?

3rd it could be worn out dampeners or loose fitting ones.

4th could be bad blades, try another set. Make sure they're balanced both COG wise and static balanced.

Could be loose screws or mis-machined parts too but sure you would notice them.

It could also be notchy bearings, radial or thrust (if installed). Pull out the main blade grips and turn them by hand (disconnect servos or blade grip linkages) they shouldn't be notchy at all.

Tracking should stay the same no matter what flight mode you are in.

I've heard the mini-T has some problems with tracking, although I haven't read up on it myself much...
Old Jun 08, 2009, 12:01 PM
EVOL OT YLF
Weston-s-Mare Uk
Joined Nov 2008
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technex
Hummm, I'll try, although I never really have had that problem myself.

First of all make sure all your links are slop free from the swashplate up. You shouldn't be able to make them click when pulling/pushing on them. 2nd make sure the feathering shaft is straight, if you put a new feathering shaft in did you check it on a bit of glass?

3rd it could be worn out dampeners or loose fitting ones.

4th could be bad blades, try another set. Make sure they're balanced both COG wise and static balanced.

Could be loose screws or mis-machined parts too but sure you would notice them.

It could also be notchy bearings, radial or thrust (if installed). Pull out the main blade grips and turn them by hand (disconnect servos or blade grip linkages) they shouldn't be notchy at all.

Tracking should stay the same no matter what flight mode you are in.

I've heard the mini-T has some problems with tracking, although I haven't read up on it myself much...
I've put brand new dampners, new hub, new feathering shaft on. Re-done all link's. If I'm honest, i don't have a "real" blade balancer, i use a make shift one. Not sure how accurate it is!LOL.
Any slop i had in the head is gone. So it's either bad blades, or badly BALANCED blade's. I'll chuck the stock woodies onto check as they always ran very true!

Thank's alot mate, Dan
Old Jun 08, 2009, 12:52 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Helifreak has a good video on COG blade balancing. Makes a big difference IMO, my Falcon had a bad vibe until I COG balanced the blades (even though they were 0.00g correct).

As for static balance, two glasses and a blade grip bolt + nut holding them together works pretty well, but you can't beat 0.00 gram scales.

NP for the help, I hope it sorts it out for you. What blades are they anyway? If I remember the Mini T's main grips are also larger than most 450's so perhaps it's coming from there too if there is any play in the grip?

Oh, also make sure the main shaft can't move up and down at all. Sometimes the bearings re-seat even after you think you've pushed them into the main blocks all the way, doubt this would effect tracking though.

Sorry if you've checked already but you never know, maybe it'll solve the problem!