SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 10, 2007, 06:13 PM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,319 Posts
oh no not another SA'can , hoe lyk dit ?

i flew yesterday, well hoverd for a few minutes in the back garden, then started getting a bit brave and did a few piro's .. yup crashed as expected

anyway today i did my first FF and boy was it soo exciting, i did however get quite disorientated with the heli, but fortunatetly managed to keep it under control .. well untill i landed. it fell over when i let go of the sticks, stupid thing!!
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2007, 08:10 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Well I got to fly late this afternoon after the wind here laid down some. Still hot though! I think I've finally got the heli like I want it. It's still nose heavy and there isn't much option as far as rearranging components since it's an HDE. I don't know what I'm goin to do about that. I hate to weight the tail but it might be neccesary.
Other than that I just need to work on not setting the heli down so hard, I keep killing tailfins.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Old Aug 10, 2007, 09:14 PM
allways hyper
Arcata, California
Joined Sep 2006
593 Posts
I flew my Trex today, flew off the porch and turned into the yard. hovered a bit and then did a little side in, then tried to swerve around doing a turn back to tail in. But when it was already in nose-in I realized that it was not turning at a big enough angle. I almost crashed but managed to emergency land right in front of me. No damage. That was close.
EDIT: Guess Ill have to do some more nose in practice.
sqito is offline Find More Posts by sqito
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:37 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,485 Posts
yes I did but it was my cx2. Still can't deside which new gyro I will get. The 401, the new JR or the 2100. I take after my dad who got the cheapest cd player in the world and then looked for the best. I did the same with my trex and have the bites out of my frame to prove it. Which killed my free gyro.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2007, 01:19 AM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
well.. i wanted to fly today... but my motor realeased a nice little cloud of white smoke the other day out of no where (rct450 motor), so i am grounded for 2 weeks..
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Old Aug 11, 2007, 03:05 AM
Sweden/ Vrigstad
Joined Jul 2007
21 Posts
i didn't fly heli(waiting for my rex to come in the mail), but i flew 6 packs(2 packs x 3 times) with my Smove and the DX7(had a E-fly/Art-Tech 4ch thing before) for the first time.

temp: around 25C, humidity: close to 90% (IN SWEDEN), wind 0-6 m/s, audience: first flight 4 people, second flight 3 people, third flight 3 people

The plane were realy responsive with the DX7, no latency what so ever.
unisenon is offline Find More Posts by unisenon
Old Aug 11, 2007, 03:08 AM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemanty
well.. i wanted to fly today... but my motor realeased a nice little cloud of white smoke the other day out of no where (rct450 motor), so i am grounded for 2 weeks..
unless you can get the magic smoke back in ? if you can im sure it will work again

you figured out what the cause was ?
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
Old Aug 11, 2007, 05:00 AM
In love with my Rappy
Leonora, Western oz.
Joined Mar 2006
1,954 Posts
Yup, flew 3 of my 4 packs. noticed a vibration developing in the mast, so I did an auto (first proper one) with a little power in the flare (I use a soft start) and landed nice. went to have a look and the fly bar had come loose and as the rotor wound down, it slid completely over to one side. second close call in three days.
was hovering at about 12 feet when I heard the head speed starting to slow. I was a little puzzled, as I had just changed batteries.I landed nice and steady and went over to pick it up by the blade grips and the head came off in my hand. the Jesus bolt had come out and disappeared.
going to go over everything and tighten it before I fly the Trex again.
wiz310 is offline Find More Posts by wiz310
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:02 AM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Packed up my EP-8 & Dragonus N+ on a warm, sunny humid morning and headed to the local school field. When I got there, the field was full of cars. Dang football season, a rally was going on and the field is used for extra car parking. I'll go back this evening and try it again.

Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:21 AM
Flying better than every
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined May 2007
569 Posts
Fly over the cars
Ginvent is online now Find More Posts by Ginvent
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:52 AM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginvent
Fly over the cars
That thought came to me and then the thought of the "cars driving OVER my heli" came next! I'll just fly the little birds in the yard and wait till later and try the school field.

But wait!!! My friend stopped by yesterday and saw my helis in the shop and wanted to see one fly. I flew the Blade CP around the yard a little (as noted in this thread). Well he just came by and dropped this (see pic below) to me. He GAVE it to me!! Said he bought it to fly himself and he didn't have the time to mess with it and didn't want to spend the extra money to get the rest (Tx,rx, servos etc) of the stuff to fly. Gave me a Parkzone 3s 2200 15c & charger to boot. Nice friend huh??

Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:09 AM
Flying better than every
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined May 2007
569 Posts
Your evil
Ginvent is online now Find More Posts by Ginvent
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:10 AM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Nice! This is the second mention I've seen of something being given to someone in the last few days. Someone else had a Raptor given to them by their boss. I should be so lucky! Of course, I wouldn't be flying at all had it not been for the generousity of bladestrike who gave me a motor when mine smoked and I couldn't afford another one!
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Last edited by Sky_Dancer; Aug 11, 2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:57 AM
Digitally modulated
Florida
Joined Jan 2007
397 Posts
Got my SE V2 kit today

I'll be spending the entire weekend building it rather than flying
Neil_J is offline Find More Posts by Neil_J
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:13 PM
MS
Joined Jul 2005
245 Posts
Well I kinda flew today.....

After a week of non flying (was on vacation, wife said I couldn't bring heli ) I finally got up early enough today to charge all 3 of my packs. Was a perfect morning for hover practice since it was absolutely calm. One minute into my first pack and the TX low battery alarm goes off

By the time I got her charged , wind had picked up, I no longer felt comfortable enough to side in practice....

Maybe it'll be calm this evening.

mj147

oh anyone wanna try n guess what we visited while on vacation? See pic for clues, errm you florida folks might know
mj147 is offline Find More Posts by mj147