Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:41 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Oh, as silly as this may sound, use your best heli for this. A turd heli will only result in errors.

Going inverted is indescribable. It is like learning to hover for the first time. The kind that brings you to the field every chance you get. I'm past that now. Inverted circuits and funnels will be a natural but slow progression from here on.

The next big thrill for me has to be the piro flip. But none of that on year 3. I intend to perfect inverted circuits and funnels first. This is to get me really skilled inverted or upright. Makes bailouts possible.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:49 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
And another little detail to nice Gino's story: when you learn your bailout technique - apply it no matter of orientation - nose or tail - if you don't have time to think. It will bring heli to position that will be better for you to handle. For instance if you learn this backflip thingy (as I did in the same way as Gino), I just remember to push elevator= away from me while giving negative - no matter if I am nose, side or tail in or even banked inverted. It will bring heli to right side up hopefully gaining altitude and give me heli in position I would be more prepared to deal with...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 13, 2009, 03:05 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Very good point. For the backflip, the bailout is to continue the flip no matter what. If you have enough altitude, the worst thing that can happen is the heli drops a bit. But it will right itself up. Easier said than done. But knowing this helps you calm down should you black out in a middle of a flip.

Mulikow learned this the hard way. He started a backflip, chickened out before completing the flip, made panic cyclic inputs, and crashed.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 03:23 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
Mulikow learned this the hard way. He started a backflip, chickened out before completing the flip, made panic cyclic inputs, and crashed.
But P4ddy is much better: he tried inverted - did a backflip and chickened out, tried it immediately again, and chickened out, and again and again and... he was doing tic/tocs easily!

It took me another 8 months to just get courage to give them a try! LOL
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:25 AM
Dragonus II Elite, DX7
Oakley, CA
Joined May 2006
1,378 Posts
Well weather is somewhat good and going to try some flips and hopefully come back in one piece. Thanks guys.
iuam is offline Find More Posts by iuam
Old Feb 13, 2009, 01:33 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
But P4ddy is much better: he tried inverted - did a backflip and chickened out, tried it immediately again, and chickened out, and again and again and... he was doing tic/tocs easily!

It took me another 8 months to just get courage to give them a try! LOL

Ha Ha! Yea, i must be the only one who's learning is so different to everyone else. I mean Tic tocs are childs play (for me) compared to a flip or loop. I can even hold inverted for a few seconds & that should rapidly increase given my inverted capabilities on the sim. Basicly it's the idea of the heli being nose down & skids in that scares me?

I still remember the funfly with you & Brummeh saying DONT do another one as i was loosing altitude, but to me that was DO another
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:48 PM
Dragonus II Elite, DX7
Oakley, CA
Joined May 2006
1,378 Posts
Flew two packs and did about 10 front flips...woohooo! the best thiing is that my heli is in one piece. It actually wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. Going to try and get a few more flights in and just practice doing flips from all sides. Thanks Gino for giving me that push I needed.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 04:22 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Good job. I can imagine the thrill. I still play my first flips over and over in my mind. Great day that was.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 06:48 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
Cool, iuam . Congratulations!
osterizer is offline Find More Posts by osterizer
Old Feb 13, 2009, 06:59 PM
Dragonus II Elite, DX7
Oakley, CA
Joined May 2006
1,378 Posts
Thanks guys, just got back from a one pack flight did a front flip and a few laps around the "8" and then wind and weather started moving in i actually got caught in a bit of hard winds but was able to land it, packed it up and came home. Just when i got something new to practice on.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 07:52 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Looks like a great day for you. No flights for me. I'm taking the weekend off to catch some sim time.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:25 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,084 Posts
Hey Gino! I got that copterX quad head coming.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:36 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Woooooooot! That scale HK-450 is going to be a mean one. Looking forward to it.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 09:22 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,084 Posts
Yes this head looked the part and I could see paying for two sets of blades but not three with one left behind. I also got the other shafts that I will need and the aluminum head and tail for my other HK. Total was $170 including shipping.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2009, 09:28 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Wonderful project that deserves its own build thread. It's going to be an exciting and busy week.