HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2008, 07:37 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMoore12
Pff, 6 bucks is ludacris. Its like 9 in NY last time I checked.

I only speak for myself but exporting is alot better than all the importing we do. Buy away
That was 6 pounds, Justin, about 10 bucks. Might as well smoke the good stuff at those prices!

Last time I bought a pack in Manhattan, it was about the same, but it was a bodega near Battery Park. I don't know if they're cheaper uptown, but I doubt it.
osterizer is offline Find More Posts by osterizer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2008, 07:48 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Nah I know he was speaking of pounds, I was referring to what I said about the 5.85 comment. The good stuff eh?
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Nov 06, 2008, 08:13 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by osterizer
That was 6 pounds, Justin, about 10 bucks. Might as well smoke the good stuff at those prices!

Last time I bought a pack in Manhattan, it was about the same, but it was a bodega near Battery Park. I don't know if they're cheaper uptown, but I doubt it.

smokes are about 8.25 to 9.75 in manhatten nowadays, whenever i go to jersey, i buy a few cartons, its like 5.75-6.00 across the tunnel

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Nov 06, 2008, 08:23 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Oops, I clicked the wrong thread: Did I smoke today?
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Nov 06, 2008, 09:07 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
Flew 30 min on a single pack

Dude that dont really fly does it?

Im running a 2S in one of my 450s, its like a feather.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Nov 06, 2008, 10:38 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
Flew 30 min on a single pack

yeah, i'm sure "forward" flips are quite easy ??
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Nov 06, 2008, 11:46 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby
smokes are about 8.25 to 9.75 in manhatten nowadays, whenever i go to jersey, i buy a few cartons, its like 5.75-6.00 across the tunnel

-pete
Oh, now I know I'm getting old- I do remember when that was carton prices. Ahhhh, gonna have to quit one of these days.

Why do I look at that picture of Gino's heli and think that's from an adult heli movie?

No, I didn't fly today. Nuts . Got a new power supply so I can charge my big packs in a single day, but otherwise, just holding out hope for tomorrow.
osterizer is offline Find More Posts by osterizer
Old Nov 07, 2008, 09:15 AM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,687 Posts
I flew a pack at work earlier.
Ive been practicing left and right circuits, and some pretty fast ff too,
Im getting alot more confident with chucking it round abit now,

Ive been practicing inverted on the sim and have got tail in inverted cracked now.. Strugglin a little with nose in inverted tho!
I was gonna take it over a large field and try a few flips and inverted this afternoon but the wind has really picked up...
Maybe a sign from above not to push it? Lol
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Nov 07, 2008, 09:25 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Work on your nose in inverted. When starting out, I found backflips easier to learn. You basically have a clear orientation of the heli even if it moves towards you. If you begin with rolls and the heli moves to the side, suddenly your orientation will be different and down you go. With a backflip, you only have elevator and collective to deal with.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Nov 07, 2008, 09:43 AM
Which shall it be, Passworthy?
Near Dallas, TX
Joined Jun 2007
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
Chris moyles on radio 1 (& you guys listnen too ) said the other week that Americans hate us coz we use your country as a huge discount shopping centre
We hate the UK? Did I miss something?

To quote a former boss, who probably still is a British citizen, "Last time I checked we were still allies".

Dave

Oh, to answer the thread's question: Not today, at least not yet. But I did hover a pack last evening in the back yard. One day I'll actually learn to fly these things.
hancockdw is offline Find More Posts by hancockdw
Old Nov 07, 2008, 01:51 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
OMG is that a trex 600 battery on that!!! how much trim did that take to balance?? or did you strap a 3oz lead weight to the tail??
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Nov 07, 2008, 02:01 PM
Which shall it be, Passworthy?
Near Dallas, TX
Joined Jun 2007
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by osterizer
Oh, now I know I'm getting old- I do remember when that was carton prices. Ahhhh, gonna have to quit one of these days.

Why do I look at that picture of Gino's heli and think that's from an adult heli movie?

No, I didn't fly today. Nuts . Got a new power supply so I can charge my big packs in a single day, but otherwise, just holding out hope for tomorrow.
I quit smoking when a) my consumption reached 30/day, and b) the cost reached $0.60/pack! Had I continued I would be certainly broke and probably dead.

Dave
hancockdw is offline Find More Posts by hancockdw
Old Nov 07, 2008, 02:52 PM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,259 Posts
I agree with Gino, I think nose-in inverted hover is easier too. I still have to work on my side-in and tail-in inverted, which I can do on the sim, but took a break from inverted practice today to work on my backwards flight. Flew three packs through the 450 at lunch, two for practicing backwards figure 8's, which are coming along pretty well, and the last one for fun zooming around and for perfecting other stuff like FF rolls and loops.
anatoly is online now Find More Posts by anatoly
Old Nov 07, 2008, 05:39 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Richmond, VA...right next to the Airport...
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
heck yea i got to fly today.....took three helis to the park and flew two packs a peice....havent flown in over a week and wasnt rusty one bit....just like riding a bike...lol...i was pushing the B400 hard today doing some speed runs....id say i had it moving at least 35-40 the best part about geting alot of speed up in a straight line is being able to do an "immelman"(spelling?) to slow down basiclly pull straight up do an upside down "U" and come back donw the other side just the same as you went up....really fun stuff...
BladeCX2Runner is offline Find More Posts by BladeCX2Runner
Old Nov 07, 2008, 05:49 PM
LI NY
Joined Sep 2008
1,013 Posts
raining all yesterday and today. I got 10 minutes between drops in the dark to fly my Vapor(that light thing that eflite sells) But I did practice for around a half hour on the sim today. Guess it's better then nothing.
fierce is offline Find More Posts by fierce