SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:04 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
pinion mesh is good, not too tight, and the belt isn't that tight either.

and it bogs when ever i:
flip it
roll it
or 3d it.

when i crashed i was doing a small 3d combo.
and i am using the least amount of pitch that i can when 3ding.
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:55 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
I finaly put the servos back into my RC-Tek phantom last night, it had the servos and receiver from my king in it and i put em back in the king then put new 8G eskys into the phantom. So i burnt a pack in it today.

It wasnt a bad day today, i think it got up to about 65 i think it was about 60 when i went out about 5:00pm the sun was just starting to go down.

Man i love these long 480 gazaur blades they have been threw hell and back. I think ive crashed this heli 5 times so far with these blades and they just keep tracking fine. I mean look at em bug juice all over em, grass stained, dents and wrips in the covering these are amazing.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
I got in a pack in each heli and then i was adjusting my tail servo a little and that cold front came blowing in and im lucky i wasnt in the air it blew my camera over it gust so strong.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:30 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,494 Posts
The wind is blowing good I am surprised you are flying. Of course I would be to if I had one of my helis set up. Think we are going to get that inch of snow??
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2007, 05:46 PM
West Chester, Ohio
Joined Nov 2006
1,413 Posts
I got about 10 packs in today myself. I actually went to the local club field and was surprised to see about 8 other guys out flying too. The bad part about the club field is that the heli's have a small 2x2 pad for lift/landing and the rest is grass; the good part is that my raised tail takes a lot of the risk away. The winds were darn gusty but I think it helps me in the learning process.
missle is online now Find More Posts by missle
Old Nov 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
The wind is blowing good I am surprised you are flying. Of course I would be to if I had one of my helis set up. Think we are going to get that inch of snow??
It wasnt blowing at all till about 5:00 then it picked up and got cold. Thats when i went in. I went out about 3:30 and there was no wind at all.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 06:22 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,494 Posts
you must of not been out at 7am like I was but I was also in KS
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2007, 09:56 AM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Best weather we have had in a while, 5 mph winds, clear. Flew 5 times, 2 on the HBFP, 2 on the Belt, one on the Eco 8. A couple of minor problems, going to put a new reciever on the Eco, getting some hits. The Honneybee was first up this morning and I was flying around when I realized I could only turn to the right. So, landed and found I had the trim lever for the ailerons all the way over to the right, duh, must have done that putting it in the car this morning. Anyway, great day here. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Dec 22, 2007, 01:33 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
well, i got up early to fly today and the wind was blowing so, maybe tommorow.
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Old Dec 22, 2007, 05:06 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
Maryland, USA
Joined Jan 2007
8,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-38J-Lightning
From what I have seen it seems the scorpion is quite the amp whore, the Neu has all the power and with a low amp draw. I might just go 4S 2170 or 2500 with a Scorpion though to lower the draw.

Good thing I put a CF frame on my Titan, with 4S it would get pretty pudgy!

Joel
Not really. I have the 500TH and Evo 25 4S 1500s on mine. They're about 25g more than I'd really like, but I still have the plastic frame and it's very good with that setup.
osterizer is offline Find More Posts by osterizer
Old Dec 22, 2007, 05:20 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemanty
well, i got up early to fly today and the wind was blowing so, maybe tommorow.

Flippin ek Moose,, If you ain't grounded the weather is crap!! If your gounded it's 90deg, your sh.!! out of luck mate
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Dec 22, 2007, 05:25 PM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
I could have flown my Rappy today, but was too busy flying my 5#6 co-ax around the lounge
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
Old Dec 22, 2007, 06:04 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
I flew every afternoon for the last 13 days at our club field. 2 to 4 tanks worth and my 50 gets 9 tanks and my 90 gets 6.5 tanks per gallon. I put the Freya 90 in because of a rx battery problem last week... boogered it real good. Been flying just the Rappy 50 till the parts came in yesterday for the Freya.... flew the Freya 90 this afternoon.... life is good again, just love flying those big helis, they couldn't care if a hurricane was blowing.

OH BTW... I plan on flying tomorrow too.

Cheers
Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
Old Dec 22, 2007, 06:21 PM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
Good man, Rich!
You do realise that your next mission would be to actually fly one of the 90s IN a hurricane! Should be easy, what with you living in Florida

Tach.
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:15 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonDriver
Good man, Rich!
You do realise that your next mission would be to actually fly one of the 90s IN a hurricane! Should be easy, what with you living in Florida

Tach.

I might be stretching it a little saying a 'hurricane' but... I was flying in winds that the plankers wouldn't fly in.

When it comes to the real deal Florida hurricanes.... Been there... done them ... had enough of them and I want no further part of them!! But I'll be at the flying field tomorrow..... in my shorts.

Cheer
Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide