SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:02 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Out back today doing one pack. concentrating on nothing but tail in circles for pie dish practice (or funnel if you like) oh & i cannot loop as it scares me but pie dish practice does'nt because it's not going upside down. Well i got anti clockwise circles pretty sorted as i was just going round & round. I started getting faster as i got more & more confident then "BAMM!!!" I only went & clipped one of the garages & sent my heli up & over the wall then back down into the ground!. To add insult to injury my trousers button popped & they began to fall down whilst walking to check the carnage. I was only in normal mode & all i broke was main blades (WOW!! they went everywhere & the sound echo'd around the flats ) a mixing arm & one of the white plastic bits on the end of the boom supports. What's annoying is the arm comes as a pair with the seesaw & not sold individually What's not annoying is i can do tail in anticlockwise circles "woot woot"

I only bragged the other day in the "did you crash today" thread how i have only had 2 crashes in 15 months & now i've had #3 however had i have been in one of my many flying fields i would not have been able to hit a garage door so it's not a control issue or mechanical (is it).
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:10 PM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Unlucky about the crash mate! At least you're getting better all the time flying!

At least the damage isn't so bad.

Stick some Radix's on
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
No chance!!! & see them get like that!! I'll stick with them woodies thanks (head savers ) gonna try & get the black & white ones for a change
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:18 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
... To add insult to injury my trousers button popped & they began to fall down whilst walking to check the carnage. I was only in normal mode ....
'Normal' meaning detumescent...?
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:32 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
It sure looked good there for a minute.

First flight of the MX400

I think it was a bit under powered, it just fell outta the sky. Tried to fly it with a 400DF and a 1350 TP 3S lipo.

BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:48 PM
Dorval, QC
Joined Aug 2007
524 Posts
My flying was a little sloppy today but I spent almost a full pack on funnels. You can see the heli this time but it flies out of view a lot. Maybe I'll get my bro to film me next time.

Belt CP funnels and piros (8 min 9 sec)
dan_the_man is offline Find More Posts by dan_the_man
Old Sep 26, 2008, 05:57 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bower64
I think it was a bit under powered, it just fell outta the sky. Tried to fly it with a 400DF and a 1350 TP 3S lipo.
Shite, man. That's probably the last time using 1350's in a 400.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:01 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_the_man
My flying was a little sloppy today but I spent almost a full pack on funnels. You can see the heli this time but it flies out of view a lot. Maybe I'll get my bro to film me next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaeZIw54sGE
Make a hatcam. Take your camera to the hardware store and get a bolt that fits into the hole for a tripod on the bottom of the camera. Drill a small hole in the brim of an old ball cap and mount it to the brim. Thats what i use.

I had to weight the back with a hanger and an old transmitter pack, it helps balance the hat so that it doesnt slide while your flying changing the view angle. Before it use to slide down and point tot he ground. Now it stays pretty much where i want it to.

Last edited by BowerR64; Sep 26, 2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:07 PM
Dragonus II Plus
Outside Philly
Joined Jun 2007
786 Posts
Looks like its gona rain near me all weekend...
Realmkaos is offline Find More Posts by Realmkaos
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:12 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Me too, it just started like an hour ago.
Bower that almost sounded like something slipping to me. The noise the motor was making the last second or so was much different than the rest of the video. One way? Pinion? Jesus bolt?
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:12 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Same here. Out goes the sim.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:26 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,365 Posts
I flew today.
Did a pack before work and then a couple of packs at lunch.
It's a blade 400 I have been flying for a week now.
At lunch I couldn't figure out why the swash plate was not
going down level and realized that the servo was hitting the battery.

Of course this must have really heated up the stock esc cause I put the third pack on
and flew about 5 minutes on a Mystery 2200 15c. Did some realy nice stall turns and
after the second hard punch out the heli dropped from the sky maybe from a 20 foot hover.
No damage what so ever. Had zero control. No light on the AR6000.
Rebooted the heli and everything was fine. I think it is time for a BEC
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:32 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Yup, Blade 400s should come with a bec or a better esc. But an external bec seems to solve the problem.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:24 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMoore12
Bower that almost sounded like something slipping to me. The noise the motor was making the last second or so was much different than the rest of the video. One way? Pinion? Jesus bolt?
Your right, i dont really know what happened. It started to fall and i quickly gave it throttle to pick it up but it just kept doing down. Ill have to look it over more when i rebuild it.

I have an MX400 pro with the hop up carbon frame and the full metal head and i just happen to have the part that broke left over from the other kit. The blades took a chip though, that might be a problem. The MX400 uses large grips. I probobly should change em with Align so i can use all the same blades.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:38 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
With the way the headblock broke off I would almost guess a upper jesus bolt. That looked like it sucked with the neighbors watching
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12