HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2008, 04:45 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,238 Posts
I have 20/10 also. I always hated going in for a exam. They would put that dilation stuff in my eye's and think they must not of put enough in so they would send me out with a double doss, talk about a headache.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MD500E 600 size build
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:43 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
I have 20/10 also. ...
You should have been a professional pilot.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:59 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,238 Posts
No I fix things for a living. Maybe that's why I can see what's wrong.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:20 PM
Dorval, QC
Joined Aug 2007
524 Posts
Crashed my belt cp again lol Someone started jogging right in front of the heli and I got distracted, looked away and ploughed into the ground. Bent main shaft. Luckily I had spares so I got it flying again and worked on piros and nose down funnels. I think I'm going to work on perfecting my upright flying (pirouetting 8's, funnels) before trying anymore inverted stuff.
dan_the_man is offline Find More Posts by dan_the_man
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:14 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeCX2Runner
dude,

these little b*stards are just hard to keep track of in general.....i have 20/10 vision which is better than perfect but had braces TWICE as a kid....go figure?...anyway even with good vision these things are really hard to fly correctly in all orentations....proper lighting ive found makes all the difference in the world but I RARELY get to fly before 4 most days... low light conditions are just something ive learned to live with...had to put some LED's on the Blade 400 beasue of it..lol...

Well the way everyone else talks around here they dont have the problems i do. Glad im not alone then. lol
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Sep 22, 2008, 08:12 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Richmond, VA...right next to the Airport...
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
You should have been a professional pilot.
I TRIED!....lol....ive got the log book to proove it...check it out......however The FAA shot me down when I went to get my medical exam....I have ADHD and the medication I take for it is classified as a "central nervous syestem drug" and therfore disqualifies me from obtaining a REAL private pilots liscence.....however i can still get whats called a "sport flying liscence" whrere i can rent a plane and just go fly for the day as long as conditions remain "VFR"..still looking into all that but getting back in the air is going to be expensive...about 100 bucks for an hour lesson is pretty steep now a days....and with this new found love of R/C Helis I think im content for now to keep my feet on the ground and let the helis do all they flying...
BladeCX2Runner is offline Find More Posts by BladeCX2Runner
Old Sep 22, 2008, 08:49 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,238 Posts
Hey did they ever double doss you?? and yes my problem was I went to a private school and they tested with the military. I can't tell you how many calls I kept getting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:23 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Hey did they ever double doss you?? and yes my problem was I went to a private school and they tested with the military. I can't tell you how many calls I kept getting.
yea but i never minded it....gave me a reason to wear sunglasses whereever i went that day....lol
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:35 AM
"How old are you?"
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
No flying but i had to order the 430XL 3700Kv as shafts aren't available for my 430L ..... Oh well, it's only another 35........

Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:38 AM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeCX2Runner
I TRIED!....lol....ive got the log book to proove it...check it out......however The FAA shot me down when I went to get my medical exam....I have ADHD and the medication I take for it is classified as a "central nervous syestem drug" and therfore disqualifies me from obtaining a REAL private pilots liscence.....however i can still get whats called a "sport flying liscence" whrere i can rent a plane and just go fly for the day as long as conditions remain "VFR"..still looking into all that but getting back in the air is going to be expensive...about 100 bucks for an hour lesson is pretty steep now a days....and with this new found love of R/C Helis I think im content for now to keep my feet on the ground and let the helis do all they flying...

Whats the row under "Single engine land" is that how many engines you take off and land with? I see one you take off with 0 and land with 6 *scratches head*

Or is that some kinda of a grade? a 6 *claps*
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:03 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64
Whats the row under "Single engine land" is that how many engines you take off and land with? I see one you take off with 0 and land with 6 *scratches head*

Or is that some kinda of a grade? a 6 *claps*
lol..nah...those are the amount of flight hours that i put in that day...1/0 is equal to an hour
Last edited by BladeCX2Runner; Sep 24, 2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 08:13 PM
Dorval, QC
Joined Aug 2007
524 Posts
I got two packs in today, working on pirouetting and funnels. This is my first time filming it, so quality isn't great and the heli kind of blends in with the trees.

Learning Funnels - Belt CP (8 min 33 sec)
dan_the_man is offline Find More Posts by dan_the_man
Old Sep 24, 2008, 08:57 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,238 Posts
Yea I have seen these ghost helis before, they look like doves without wings.

Good video. I would think about some brighter colors before you go blind.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:55 PM
Joined Aug 2008
122 Posts
Sounds like she must have been a little more than cute! :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_the_man
Crashed my belt cp again lol Someone started jogging right in front of the heli and I got distracted, looked away and ploughed into the ground. Bent main shaft. Luckily I had spares so I got it flying again and worked on piros and nose down funnels. I think I'm going to work on perfecting my upright flying (pirouetting 8's, funnels) before trying anymore inverted stuff.
midlifez is offline Find More Posts by midlifez
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:06 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Great video Dan Man!

I flew 6 batteries with Tipsy (Blade 400) finally with 0 expo... and worked on smoothing out my loops.. was such a great time!
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster