SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2007, 03:51 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
It takes 6hrs continuos i think it is to run a DX7 down & i sure don't fly for 6 hrs that'll be about 52 flights that'll be 13 days worth of flying for me. Then i just charge overnight & it's ready to go again 16 hrs later.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2007, 04:28 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopy
Just to divert a very small amount...

Is it ok to use an 11.1v pack in a Tx? I have an x-2610 and it came with a 9.6v, 600mAh pack. If I put a 3 cell lipo pack in it will it ruin it?

I'm so close to being able to post on here :P

Yes, that is the size lipo to use in a tx. Here is a example TX LIPO BATTERY

Cheers
Rich
SlowRide is offline Find More Posts by SlowRide
Old Nov 15, 2007, 04:35 PM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
It takes 6hrs continuos i think it is to run a DX7 down & i sure don't fly for 6 hrs that'll be about 52 flights that'll be 13 days worth of flying for me. Then i just charge overnight & it's ready to go again 16 hrs later.

I just put 7.2v lipos and regulator in my 3 nitros for the rx and my next step to put a lipo in my DX7 also. It's not the flying time that drains my tx battery as much as doing setups/tinkering on my helis and the like. I use the DX7 for the 3 nitros and the DX6 for my Dragonus, EP-8 and electric plane.

Cheers
Rich
Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:27 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
if you use a normal heli lipo, it will fry the tx... it has to be made for transmitter use.
moosemanty is offline Find More Posts by moosemanty
Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:28 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
well, i tried to fly today but my dragonus self destructed on take off
Old Nov 16, 2007, 01:30 AM
Charlie chopter
Queensland, Australia - Brisbane
Joined Dec 2005
151 Posts
Quote:
if you use a normal heli lipo, it will fry the tx... it has to be made for transmitter use.
What exactly is the difference? Sorry for temporarily hijacking...
stoopy is offline Find More Posts by stoopy
Old Nov 16, 2007, 03:09 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
I got two batteries in. First one I flew clockwise circles, three or four in succession fairly fluently and I was jazzed. Second one the same, but when I went for counterclockwise I pulled off one or two and then dumped it. Repaired the Blade and will be back at it tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Nov 16, 2007, 06:48 AM
Take it easy
Tampa, Florida USA
Joined May 2007
547 Posts
It was windy here yesterday and I was going to skip doing a flight. Now I have no problem flying in the wind but this wind is whipping about with some high gusts. It would been a problem for me and the Dragonus..... so..... I brought out the Freya 90. I refrain from flying the nitros in my yard and fly those at the club field but heck... I wanted to fly so I did. Those 90's couldn't care less about the gusty wind. Flew a tank of go-juice and I had my fix for the day.

Cheers
Rich
Old Nov 16, 2007, 09:18 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Last two days are wonderful here - I had flown 6 batteries both days!

Both times I didn't try anything 'new' or nerve-wrecking - just nice figures of 8, practiced stall turns and FFF...

I don't care about windy/rainy weekend that is forecasted
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:11 AM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Mar 2007
1,237 Posts
No flight here... 35mph wind gusts. Very high for GA.
hurleybt is offline Find More Posts by hurleybt
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:08 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
Last two days are wonderful here - I had flown 6 batteries both days!

Both times I didn't try anything 'new' or nerve-wrecking - just nice figures of 8, practiced stall turns and FFF...

It sure has. It's the kind of weather (although quite fresh) we should of had 3 months ago. I again flew all 4 like yesterday, 3 at a field & 1 outside my work depot doing some pitch pumping & circling. Whilst pitch pumping my cyclic thumb was itching to push & hold foward, oh well maybe next time

& what's that about a crap weekend
Old Nov 16, 2007, 06:57 PM
Rcer field rep.
yucca valley, CA/// RCG
Joined May 2006
3,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopy
What exactly is the difference? Sorry for temporarily hijacking...
it's the out put of the lipo... a tx lipo has like a 2c discharge rate. a normal lipo has about 20c's. that much juice going in at once would fry it.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 07:11 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Yes, it was a great day in Southern California. Met my dad at 7:00am at the local park this morning. Flew my Acromaster, Lazy Bee, Terry, Simple 400, Mini Ultra Stick, and MudBug. Flew for almost 2 hours!

Whoops. Just read what forum this thread was in. Oh well. Still a great day to fly fixed wing or choppas!
thomer is offline Find More Posts by thomer
Old Nov 17, 2007, 08:40 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
I don't care about windy/rainy weekend that is forecasted

Hey click, i've flown today I was up at 6:30 coz i had to pop round my nans early & then at 8:30 i went flying & the weather was perfect again. It's on off drizzle at the minute so i'll probably just get some more stick time on the sim. But it was a good fly with a real ring pucker moment thrown in aswell. I was doing fig8, left-right circles, nose in, some hard climbs straight off the ground (which got a "whoah!!") from one of my spectators. Had a go at stall turns although i'm not sure if they were? (ff then climb bringing nose up till it's on the edge of going into a loop then at this point start bringing the nose round 'at a gentle speed' & then as the heli starts decending get the nose pointing down gaining good speed & whoosh past yourself & do it the other way. Yes?) I'm thinking on the basis of keep doing this & it should gain good speed for me to just pull back the cyclic with correct collective & watch it loop. This is also getting me comfortable with flying at such a height to be safe. I think i'm going about this sensibly & so keeping possible crashes to an absolute minimum. May take me longer but it's much easier on the wallet

Now the pucker moment was me trying a bit of backwards flying in a circle. I can do fig8's like this on the sim but tried it on the trex. I started ok but let it go over & behind me & as i turned it was going backwards & turning but then it went mental. Thankgod i learned nose in before doing fancy stuff because that saved me & a ton of +pitch & i watched as it went up over the roof behind me "Phew" my heart was POUNDING!! But i carried on flying without landing which was a 1st for me.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Beautiful morning here even if it was a little windy for being so early. Flew about 8 times, 3 with the HB FP, 3 with the Belt CP (in idle up for almost the entire 3 rd flight, Finally!) and twice with the Eco 8. I can't reccomend this heli enough for your second bird, so smooth, flies so well and easy to see. Any way, other than a couple of downdrafts which pushed the belt towards the ground, my biggest scare was a gunshot! Never did see who did it,but believe someone was shooting at some of the biggest pheasants on a ridge behind me I've ever seen. I know it's crazy, but I sat in the car for about 10 minutes after that and then had two more flights. A construction guy who was nearby went looking for the guy, but still don't know who did it. Great morning though, even though after the gunshot, a change in drawers was in order. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn