HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Justinó my God, man. Sounds like he came out of it in one piece. How old is your brother? Next time he decides to take a stroll in the woods maybe he'll bring his long piece of string, bread for crumbs, compass, flashlight, and satphone.
He is 23 and is in town for my 21st. I think a flashlight and a phone would be a good start..
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LwEIwVfYXIc/R0...o/IMG_0852.jpg
That picture doesnt do it much justice but it got pretty dicey at times.

He ended up taking another trail down because the trail in question was way to difficult to pass at night without equipment. So he found his way onto the park loop road and to a ranger station. Unmanned at the time because all the rangers were shooting the breeze with us. So he heard us talking about him on the radio just at the point where they had found his shirt and sunglasses on the side of a cliff. (had gotten hot and left them behind figuring he was going to return the same route.) So at that point my Parents are in a panic and we hear this voice on the rangers radio "Hello? Can you hear me, I am the guy you are looking for" After waiting twenty minutes for a ranger to show up he busted in the door at the rangers station...............................
All is good and well, definatly a story for the kids.
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:10 PM
Smoke, Fire, ahh SMIRE!!
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMoore12
He is 23 and is in town for my 21st. I think a flashlight and a phone would be a good start..
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LwEIwVfYXIc/R0...o/IMG_0852.jpg
That picture doesnt do it much justice but it got pretty dicey at times.

He ended up taking another trail down because the trail in question was way to difficult to pass at night without equipment. So he found his way onto the park loop road and to a ranger station. Unmanned at the time because all the rangers were shooting the breeze with us. So he heard us talking about him on the radio just at the point where they had found his shirt and sunglasses on the side of a cliff. (had gotten hot and left them behind figuring he was going to return the same route.) So at that point my Parents are in a panic and we hear this voice on the rangers radio "Hello? Can you hear me, I am the guy you are looking for" After waiting twenty minutes for a ranger to show up he busted in the door at the rangers station...............................
All is good and well, definatly a story for the kids.
Glad your brother is alright! That URL above isn't working by the way.

And yes, a great story about your 21st Birthday celebration will be told at your brother's expense from here on out!
Drew816 is offline Find More Posts by Drew816
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:14 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
You say park & this makes it sound so funny, but then i only have our size parks in my mind & not whole country size parks you have. BTW that link is dead.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:14 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Works for me, What about this one drew? Pic
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:22 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
That's better. Is that you guys in the pic? them rocks & those metal ladder type things look VERY slippery.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:30 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Nope, Parents went back at about half way with the camera. Havent had a chance to put them on the computer. Then about 80% to the top i wussed out, figuring it was getting dark. Genius called me a pussy and charged on..
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:35 PM
"How old are you?"
Brum, U.K.
Joined Feb 2006
544 Posts
I flew to track the new blades and test fly the rebuild.....

Its a totally different feeling flying a heli for the first time, not sure of how it's going to behave..... As soon as i was happy with everything i calmed down, flew up and down the garden, landed on the trampolene, did a few piros and some real low piros... all in idle up .....

Now i need to get to the park and let it rip!!

Mike
Brummeh is offline Find More Posts by Brummeh
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:47 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Landed on a trampolene!!! Try bouncing & flying at the same time
Old Aug 14, 2008, 05:00 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
LOL@Brummeh...

I need to spend some time with my MT. I have completely neglected it recently.

Went out (was allowed!) for couple of packs in last Sun rays (19:30-20:00). 3.5 packs (they didn't like being left fully charged for 2.5 weeks so cut short one of the packs) just to check do I still know how to fly...

First time managed to do 540 stall turn! LOL. Was too afraid before! On third go I did 2.5 turns (900 deg stall turn? LOL). Also, tried to fly inverted, but as I said I need to fix my MT: it is badly balanced, with vibrations affecting gyro and very strange noise (vibration) in Idle up 2 (100% throttle). I have ignored it without much problems, but side tic/tocs are badly affected with it, attempt to fly inverted ended up nose pointing down at the end, sharp turns and coming out of stall turns and loops tail shaked, etc...

Anyway - it's good to fly again!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Aug 14, 2008, 06:28 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
It's been a while since I used my helmetcam. Put in a backyard flight to have something new on my youtube library.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=u1mdULYqoaI
You need a scale body on that thing, you fly slow enough it would probobly look nice on it.

Pretty cool flying, wish i could fly like that. No 3D ide just love to get to that point. Ide be happy with that.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Aug 14, 2008, 08:41 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
That flight was slow because it is a small yard. My funnels are much steeper out in the field. Those backwards become hurricanes out there. Scale is nice but it's not for me.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:19 PM
Dorval, QC
Joined Aug 2007
524 Posts
I flew today and yesterday after being grounded for a week. I did my first few successful funnels with my hbfp. I'm still moving the sticks too much while doing the funnel though and I can't keep it going for long. I know I should not have to make a lot of corrections while doing funnels so I'll have to work on that.

I put a cdrom tail motor on my bcp frankenheli and of course I smoked the esc (4th one I have fried now) but it still works Just doesn't beep anymore so it can't be programmed. Tail control is great but the heli is so sloppy.

I'm already thinking about my next heli, I want something bigger with a belt driven tail. I'm 17 so I can't afford much. I've been looking at the sjm400, copterx and blackhawk helis, kinda leaning towards the sjm right now.
dan_the_man is offline Find More Posts by dan_the_man
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:48 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Richmond, VA...right next to the Airport...
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
LOL@Brummeh...

I need to spend some time with my MT. I have completely neglected it recently.

Went out (was allowed!) for couple of packs in last Sun rays (19:30-20:00). 3.5 packs (they didn't like being left fully charged for 2.5 weeks so cut short one of the packs) just to check do I still know how to fly...

Anyway - it's good to fly again!
i feel ya bro....i just moved and hve really only had taime to go fly in my new yard....which is fun.....just got alot of things to run into....fences on both sides......power lines.......trees..low haning branches etc........although those branches are getting trimmed this weekend...lol..on the other hand i think the tight flying space is making me a btter pilot..i can actually fly all th way arond trees annd such now without loosing it..its really a diff kind of flying vs. a open feild where you can go balls to the wall....but back to my original point ive been flying my custom fp and my slightly modded HBFP and CP2 in the back yard..totally neglecting the Blade 400 .....but the weeked is here and im praying sat i can maki it to the field......
BladeCX2Runner is offline Find More Posts by BladeCX2Runner
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:59 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
It's also a challenge in my yard. I dodge a swing set, go over a fence, then tuck under low branches. But these things are mapped out in my brain already so it is fun. But the 450 is too big to really let loose. A 200 will be perfect. I could invert that here and fast track my inverted circuits.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:45 PM
Heliologist...AMA#899937
Richmond, VA...right next to the Airport...
Joined Jan 2008
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
It's also a challenge in my yard. I dodge a swing set, go over a fence, then tuck under low branches. But these things are mapped out in my brain already so it is fun. But the 450 is too big to really let loose. A 200 will be perfect. I could invert that here and fast track my inverted circuits.
yea i wil admit it ook my pheriphial vision a few days to catch up to the tree branches but after a few days of VERY close calls i am like you..i have a "visual" image of the section of yard im flying in and havea keen idea of where evrything is....i think my hbfp is th most fun of all on this yard though...its so light and durable that i have no worries about tossing it around like it owes me money...lol....
BladeCX2Runner is offline Find More Posts by BladeCX2Runner