Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 12, 2008, 06:25 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
There's a lesson for all of us! It is the one argument against plastic blade grips on larger helicopters.
I have plastic M. Blade holders on my 500. Havent been able to get it to track worth a damn and finaly figured out if i overtorque the bolts they will track.
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2008, 08:03 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
IT FLYS! I need to check the auto rotation shaft and go back over the electronics but other then that it flys good.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Aug 12, 2008, 08:18 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64
IT FLYS! I need to check the auto rotation shaft and go back over the electronics but other then that it flys good.
Good going! Don't you always feel better if the heli is flyable again by the end of the day?
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Aug 12, 2008, 08:31 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Good going! Don't you always feel better if the heli is flyable again by the end of the day?
I do, it sucks though having to dip into the spare parts bin. Im just glad i didn't tear up another set of blades.

I think when crashing the worst part is tearing up blades. I dono why i just hate that the most.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:07 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
I do, it sucks though having to dip into the spare parts bin. ...
I am glad to have the bin. Of course I spend money more or less constantly to keep it decently stocked.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 09:11 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Flew yesterday and today, 7 packs total, no incidents. However, two days ago I did have one incident... I was coming down too hot from a sky-high stall turn and the pack was a little run down so the combination of me pulling up way too close to the ground and the headspeed bogging down too much... well, you can imagine what happened... the heli slammed into the ground nose first... Sadly, that was my 1st crash in 3 1/2 weeks. It looked/sounded a lot worse than it actually was. Broken blades, broken 1 skid and 1 strut, bent main, bent spindle, the canopy took a little bit of heat but survived (not bad for a head on impact) and the heli was back up in the air in 25 minutes. Gotta have spares.

MB.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:50 AM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Im good at flinding creative ways to crash and fly stupidly.

Flying stupidly
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:59 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Im good at flinding creative ways to crash and fly stupidly.

Flying stupidly
I wouldn't call that stupid :P. I was waiting for a crash but I was disappointed .

Next time fly around in a real circle .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:16 AM
Smoke, Fire, ahh SMIRE!!
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeflyer
That's too bad about your ESC. I hope that they replace it for you.

What's wrong with the heliartist 500?
The Heliartist is dead; tailbelt slipped and I lost tail rotor authority about 10-12 feet up and did my best to sit it down. Crunched one of the landing gear and popped the mainframe inside loose, cracked the finish on the exterior but the main fuse is actually in pretty good shape. The front canopy frame is intact, the tinted 'window' is toast, ate one lipo as well. The double battery tray setup and the T-Rex inside survived, ate one carbon blade, the tail section is okay, etc. I need to put this up for sale as a handyman's special; it wouldn't take much to get it back together and flying but I've sold out of my T-Rex 450 stuff and I'm just sticking with the bigger Gaui 550 since I can actually SEE it in flight.

Bummer too as the week before I had the Heliartist HUMMING, it was flying great and looked awesome. Not sure what happened the next time around but loosing the tail in flight is rarely a good thing let alone when you're flying a heavy and NICE fuse too! Arrghh...

Yeah, it's been a very expensive last couple of months for flying. Still no word back from Align on the 75 ESC fire; I guess I have to call THEM back to find out what if anything they're going to do...

Happy Flying, for those of you that don't have crashed, trashed or burnt to a crisp Heli's that is!
Drew816 is offline Find More Posts by Drew816
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:53 AM
heli addict
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew816
The Heliartist is dead; tailbelt slipped and I lost tail rotor authority about 10-12 feet up and did my best to sit it down. Crunched one of the landing gear and popped the mainframe inside loose, cracked the finish on the exterior but the main fuse is actually in pretty good shape. The front canopy frame is intact, the tinted 'window' is toast, ate one lipo as well. The double battery tray setup and the T-Rex inside survived, ate one carbon blade, the tail section is okay, etc. I need to put this up for sale as a handyman's special; it wouldn't take much to get it back together and flying but I've sold out of my T-Rex 450 stuff and I'm just sticking with the bigger Gaui 550 since I can actually SEE it in flight.

Bummer too as the week before I had the Heliartist HUMMING, it was flying great and looked awesome. Not sure what happened the next time around but loosing the tail in flight is rarely a good thing let alone when you're flying a heavy and NICE fuse too! Arrghh...

Yeah, it's been a very expensive last couple of months for flying. Still no word back from Align on the 75 ESC fire; I guess I have to call THEM back to find out what if anything they're going to do...

Happy Flying, for those of you that don't have crashed, trashed or burnt to a crisp Heli's that is!

Man, Drew, I'm sorry to hear that about the MD 500. They look so cool flying to. I flew 4 packs through mine last night. I know that one of these days I will probably put mine into the ground too. I try to keep my flights in my comfort zone to minimize casulties. I've been lucky so far with minimum mishaps. If it happens I will write my loss off as a "test body" and buy another.

I hope that Align takes care of you.
humveeflyer is online now Find More Posts by humveeflyer
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:35 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
JESUS H CHRIST!!!!! Yes i did fly today, i mean yes I ME MYSELF flew coz the borderline hurricane wind lifted me a foot of the ground!!!

Only kidding, but i would have disapeared forever if i had a kite surfing kite.
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:44 AM
heli addict
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
JESUS H CHRIST!!!!! Yes i did fly today, i mean yes I ME MYSELF flew coz the borderline hurricane wind lifted me a foot of the ground!!!

Only kidding, but i would have disapeared forever if i had a kite surfing kite.
Hey, man, no need to use that kind of language.
humveeflyer is online now Find More Posts by humveeflyer
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:58 AM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Finally a clear, calm morning to work out with the newly renovated Trex 450 SE! (Didn't fly it for three months looking for a decent used head.) The smoothness is back, but it is a far more serious machine than the small, friendly Blade CP Pro. S'gonna take me a while to loosen up. Flew circles both ways and hovered nose-in to get reaquainted. Kids in the park program would not pay attention to a word the counselors said until the last battery was used.

p4ddyŚ good going if you flew in substantial wind and aren't writing about a crash! (I'm sure the fundamentalists will forgive you; that's what they're trained for.)
Old Aug 13, 2008, 01:02 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Finally a clear, calm morning to work out with the newly renovated Trex 450 SE! (Didn't fly it for three months looking for a decent used head.) The smoothness is back, but it is a far more serious machine than the small, friendly Blade CP Pro. S'gonna take me a while to loosen up. Flew circles both ways and hovered nose-in to get reaquainted. Kids in the park program would not pay attention to a word the counselors said until the last battery was used.

p4ddyŚ good going if you flew in substantial wind and aren't writing about a crash! (I'm sure the fundamentalists will forgive you; that's what they're trained for.)

I think the whole of the UK was grouded today as the wind is a bit extreme

Forgive me I don't want to upset anyone on here, in the uk we can say what we like pretty much. I'm also total anti religion... but i totaly believe in aliens & if i'm not mistaken clicky is one

Maybe the ones conducting the programe should take note & get them a heli
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Aug 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
How awesome would that be?! I am young myself and i think that that would be amazing. They could teach all the kids to fly! Course, i guess that is what flying clubs are for. And i can only imagine the teachers... "Jimmy, dont fly that near Susie..." O well, i would go to Park Functions if the promise of flying is there
-P.D.
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40