SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2008, 06:22 AM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,135 Posts
I actually pushed 3 packs through the Rex yesterday evening after work. It's been raining EVERY day up here this week. The summers in the Rockies are FAN FRIGGIN TASTIC!! Highs are usually in the mid 70's to 80's.....not usually super windy. BUT....in the winter, it's not uncommon for it to get down to -40F. And we got over 400 inches of snow......
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2008, 08:11 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
I live in central maine Gunny i feel your pain. I love the summer but being at a rather low elevation we call the summer 'the mud season' with just cause. I dont think we get that bone chilling of negatives here but we get our fair share of snow. I dont mind, made myself a transmitter mitt last year. Cant let -20 stop me from flying or i would probably lose my mind in the winter.

On another note, i took the 500 out to the field today. Man that thing has some balls. Running the scorpion 1400 with some SAB blades and had a few nice flights. I am still trying to get used to flying a bigger bird again. Even though it is more stable, there is something a little unsettling at the moment about flying it and I cant get into my normal routine. Did some Inv hovering and some FFF (Man the noise the 500 makes is freaking sweet) Brought it down and both of my 3s lipos were round. Never seen a battery puff so bad. So im ditching the two 3s's for now and got some 123 cells on the way. Now if i can just wait that long to fly it, i might have some battery packs left for the 450. GO BIG AND DONT LOOK BACK!!
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Aug 09, 2008, 08:21 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Sounds like decent flying weather for U.S. RCer's and tough conditions world wide.
I lifted the Trex 450 SE for the first time in months. (It was in pieces pending repairs.) Stick time with BCPP seems to give a bit more control. One battery, but good to see it in the air again.

Estarter flew his Swift 16. Awesome bird!
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Aug 09, 2008, 09:08 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,636 Posts
I wouldn't say that. Today was expost to be perfect. Well it rained all day
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2008, 09:56 PM
Umm Power Pellets
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2005
135 Posts
Argg Send some of that rain down here. I am in Austin TX and we haven't had any rain in a long time. The water bill to keep the grass alive is killing me. What we have had is a whole lot of clear days with temp's in the 100's

The good news is that I have been able to put two to three packs thru my new trex every day for the last two weeks.

I killed my hbfp last week but I have a guru-z conversion kit on the way.

My new rex is soooo sweet, it was love at first flight! I can't wait from my new guru/compy kit. I miss not having anything to warm up on before breaking out the rex.

Pac
pacman is offline Find More Posts by pacman
Old Aug 09, 2008, 10:09 PM
piro-maniac........
Joined Dec 2007
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMoore12
I live in central maine Gunny i feel your pain. I love the summer but being at a rather low elevation we call the summer 'the mud season' with just cause. I dont think we get that bone chilling of negatives here but we get our fair share of snow. I dont mind, made myself a transmitter mitt last year. Cant let -20 stop me from flying or i would probably lose my mind in the winter.
Yup...we have mud season!! And as far as the cold is concerned...it might be "colder" up here. But east coast cold is WAAAY worse than Colorado cold!! The humidity down/over there is what makes it bad....n e ways, here's to toughin it out and bangin the sticks come sun OR cold weather!!
Old Aug 09, 2008, 10:40 PM
USA, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Sep 2007
4,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow
Yup...we have mud season!! And as far as the cold is concerned...it might be "colder" up here. But east coast cold is WAAAY worse than Colorado cold!! The humidity down/over there is what makes it bad....n e ways, here's to toughin it out and bangin the sticks come sun OR cold weather!!
*Cheers*
JustinMoore12 is offline Find More Posts by JustinMoore12
Old Aug 09, 2008, 11:26 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow
I actually pushed 3 packs through the Rex yesterday evening after work. It's been raining EVERY day up here this week. The summers in the Rockies are FAN FRIGGIN TASTIC!! Highs are usually in the mid 70's to 80's.....not usually super windy. BUT....in the winter, it's not uncommon for it to get down to -40F. And we got over 400 inches of snow......

RC Snowmobile ???
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Aug 09, 2008, 11:36 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
Poor you. Maybe tomorrow (if you eat all your dinner)....
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Aug 09, 2008, 11:48 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51
It did? it only rained till about 1:00pm here then it got really nice and calm and nice and cool out but we were running all over town doing stuff till it got to dark to fly. From the time i got up till it got dark we were running around.

Maybe tomorrow ill get a chance to burn a few packs
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Aug 10, 2008, 06:18 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
We can't have your weather but we CAN have your pancakes
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Aug 10, 2008, 06:45 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4ddy
We can't have your weather but we CAN have your pancakes
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Aug 10, 2008, 06:59 AM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
southampton uk
Joined Jun 2006
4,989 Posts
LMFAO!!! HA HA!!!! That's not your rabbit is it?? i saw a cat & fish but not a rabbit
p4ddy is offline Find More Posts by p4ddy
Old Aug 10, 2008, 07:05 AM
Reading, UK
Joined Sep 2007
6,371 Posts
Haha, no that image has been around on the internet for years. I've just got two cats and some fish as you noticed .
LaurenceGough is offline Find More Posts by LaurenceGough
Old Aug 10, 2008, 09:19 AM
piro-maniac........
Joined Dec 2007
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
RC Snowmobile ???
With wings!!!

Waterplanes like the snow...it's just puffed up water!!