HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2007, 10:32 PM
anti-wind activist
Joined Dec 2002
474 Posts
Discussion
Super Cub vs. Super Decathlon

I have a Hobbyzone Super Cub.
I was curious about how it compares to the Hobbyzone (or Parkzone?) Super Decathlon.

I really like how docile and capable the Super Cub is.
But would like a little spice..figure maybe a more acrobatic or nimble, faster flyer perhaps the Decathlon??

I would like the same flight time..if it doesn't have that, then some worthy tradeoff for the lack of flight time.
thrashaero is offline Find More Posts by thrashaero
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2007, 08:52 AM
Frederick Maryland USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,042 Posts
By most accounts the Parkzone Decathlon is the only real dog in the Parkzone line up. All have problems with cheap electronics but the Decathlon is way underpowered as well. Even if you have to stay with ARFs there are better choices out there. Perhaps take a look at the Spitfire, or for faster, but not aerobatic, there is the Hobbico Cessna 182.
Duetto is offline Find More Posts by Duetto
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:37 PM
s-s-s-S-O-L-I-D!!!!!
Joined Apr 2007
174 Posts
SuperCub vs De-CRAP-Lon

Well I agree. I've been flying both. Even with a Venom Fireball 370 micro motor in it, the Decathlon doesn't come close to the SC. Xport is not an option either with it. On the SC it's definitely an addition to the Fun with DROP MODULE CAPABILITY.
Sinai1 is offline Find More Posts by Sinai1
Old Aug 15, 2007, 01:06 AM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinai1
Well I agree. I've been flying both. Even with a Venom Fireball 370 micro motor in it, the Decathlon doesn't come close to the SC. Xport is not an option either with it. On the SC it's definitely an addition to the Fun with DROP MODULE CAPABILITY.
LOL nice shots of you and your personal aircraft!
echoplanar is online now Find More Posts by echoplanar