Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 09, 2007, 08:55 PM
Canada
Joined Dec 2006
104 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
PETEREL is offline Find More Posts by PETEREL
Last edited by PETEREL; Sep 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2007, 01:31 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Post the detailed history along with the person's full name, address and phone number... but only after one last email explaining that's what will happen if it isn't corrected within 24 hours.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old Aug 10, 2007, 04:16 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,199 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer
Post the detailed history along with the person's full name, address and phone number...
NOT his address and phone number. That's a guaranteed post edit and likely a warning for posting personal information.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Aug 10, 2007, 04:30 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,415 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
If he is in the States, and depending on the amount of money, I would contact the local authorities where he lives.

These guys that sell, take money and don't deliver count on no one coming after them. Not sure who you contact, but there is bound to be somebody. After all, being across state lines and perpetuating a fraud is no different than doing it with in the same State.

Nail the guy.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Aug 10, 2007, 05:06 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,971 Posts
Trader Rating: 612
My dad got ripped off on Ebay for about $150 on a digital scale. We were sent a piece of junk, the guy was rude and cussing and said we broke it and it was perfect when he shipped it. Well my dad was so irritated at this guy he filed a small claims case to teach him a lesson, and won and it was added to his credit report. Years later the guy called my dad wanting to pay it off as he wanted to buy a house and it was on his credit report.

Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2007, 05:39 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,415 Posts
Don ... Ten cheers for your Dad! He did the right thing. I see a lot of people getting ripped off here and at other sights and they act like they have no recourse when in fact they do have recourse.

I firmly believe that scammers/cheats/cons will avoid a site if they know that the members of that site have a habit of pursuing them, as your Dad did.

Did the person that cheated your Dad pay any money back?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 05:47 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,971 Posts
The guy wanted my dad to settle for the original amount of the Ebay auction which was like $150. But the judge added on a yearly interest charge, shipping costs and some other fees so the amount was more than that after 2-3 years. My dad told him you have to contact the courthouse now to settle up as if he wanted to pay he should have done so before it went that far. He never called back and my dad never go any money.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2007, 06:21 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,415 Posts
Ouch! Too bad, but you know what. That guy had to work real hard to get his loan and that money that he cheated your Dad out of probably cost him a lot more in aggrevation and down payment that what it was worth.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 06:23 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,971 Posts
Thats how my dad figured it, at least it caused the guy some grief.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2007, 09:59 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
Trader Rating: 59
Good for your Dad. Scammers and cheats think they can get away with anything and don't care about anyone. Funny how he came begging when the tables were turned.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
Old Aug 11, 2007, 05:01 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
Did you pay by credit card, or maybe USPostal MO? If so, you may have recourse there....keep us posted.
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:37 PM
Canada
Joined Dec 2006
104 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
PETEREL is offline Find More Posts by PETEREL
Last edited by PETEREL; Sep 26, 2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:39 PM
Angering mobs since 1980.
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna 182
Did you pay by credit card, or maybe USPostal MO? If so, you may have recourse there....keep us posted.
Prolly not much recourse through a CC issuer after 8 months. As he stated in the OP he paid by PayPal. Get with the program Bil!!

I'd post the bums name and city here along with a timeline of events. I'd also contact the local law enforcement for his home. A 'friendly' visit from an LEO often has some wonderful results.

Otherwise sue his skanky behind! If we just let these nit-wits get away with this sort of thing then it sends the message that it's OK to scam people over the Intarweb.

Anyhow, just my two centavos for today.

--
Mike N
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
Old Aug 11, 2007, 09:41 PM
Angering mobs since 1980.
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETEREL
no by paypal you know safe unless he has no money in his paypal account
That is one of my giant gripes with PayPal. They claim you are safe with them. Heh. Only safe -if- the bum has any funds in their account....

Yea safe. Right. (NOT!!)

--
Mike N
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:58 AM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmaster
Prolly not much recourse through a CC issuer after 8 months. As he stated in the OP he paid by PayPal. Get with the program Bil!!

I'd post the bums name and city here along with a timeline of events. I'd also contact the local law enforcement for his home. A 'friendly' visit from an LEO often has some wonderful results.

Otherwise sue his skanky behind! If we just let these nit-wits get away with this sort of thing then it sends the message that it's OK to scam people over the Intarweb.

Anyhow, just my two centavos for today.

--
Mike N

I AM with the program, Mike. I pay anything over $50 with paypal, via credit card. That way I have recourse, even if there's nothing in his account.

Bil
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Closed Thread