Closed Thread
Old Aug 09, 2007, 08:10 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
New Product
Apogee Elite: A New Era in Mini-DLG, Full House from ECM

After the success of our earlier Apogee line, we felt it was mandatory to evolve into the next generation of mini-DLG, with the help of Mark Drela, who provided the original concept and prototype, we have been testing and re-engineering a production high performance Full-House DLG and with over a year of testing, it is time to introduce The Apogee Elite

The Apogee Elite was designed with the experienced and demanding pilot in mind, providing a unique experience for a ship this size

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: The fallowing files and content are property of Enduro Composite Models (ECM), they may be use for personal use, if you decide to use these for personal use, credit ECM. None of the material published here by ECM or in any other thread may be used commercially

ECM is a division of Dagen Technologies, LLC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jose E Bruzual is offline Find More Posts by Jose E Bruzual
Last edited by jeb; May 24, 2008 at 10:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2007, 08:42 PM
Joined May 2004
335 Posts
Let me know if you need test pilots!! Wink Wink!!!! But seriously I would do it. Jayme!
skibumsd is offline Find More Posts by skibumsd
Old Aug 09, 2007, 08:52 PM
ASK
Espanola, NM USA
Joined Jul 2002
2,822 Posts
Ah, beautiful! Great work, Jose.

Aradhana Singh
ASK is offline Find More Posts by ASK
Old Aug 09, 2007, 09:45 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Performance

The Apogee Elite offers unparallel performance at 40” wing span, it has been built strong enough to take full Discuss Launches, putting the limitations back on to the pilot. With the low wing loading, the Apogee Elite is able to have enormous acceleration during launch while minimizing stress on the body

With adjustable camber setting the plane can maximize performance for all flight phases, exploiting launch height, granular flight presentation as well as total control on landing

With an AUW ranging from 3.7 to 4.2 oz, is able to conserve energy in the most demanding turns, and with AG-modified airfoil, we can expect unparallel range for a ship this size. With a generous hinge line, expect quick response and control approaches

Although this plane was not designed to replace a 59” DLG, it was designed for similar performance, making it an excellent addition and training platform for the most experience and demanding pilots. With its unique features of size and portability, the Apogee Elite offers a wider choice of flying areas for those with the most demanding time constraints; it will also enable pilots to work the lightest and most challenging lift further fine tuning piloting skills
Old Aug 09, 2007, 10:27 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Manufacturing

We are able to offer this performance through experience, materials used and manufacturing methods. The Apogee Elite was design all in CAD allowing for tight tolerances and streamlining manufacturing process, starting with the uniquely designed pod, where we went from CAD to rapid prototyping using 3D stereo lithography to create perfect patterns, allowing for consistent manufacturing of pods. These are made from Kevlar and carbon reinforced, providing maximum strength, durability and temperature control environment for all the electronics.
Old Aug 09, 2007, 10:42 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
You will find a perfect fit of the wing and pod, where the wing cores are cut with CNC foam cutter, for better accuracy and higher tolerances, ECM uses High Load 60 for all its wing cords and tails, providing a more resistant and lighter wing, since the loads are share with the other composite materials. We use MGS high performance epoxy specially designed for aircraft manufacturing, providing long shelve life and the ability to better control pot life, gives a more consistent product at the end
Old Aug 09, 2007, 10:43 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
The kit ships with all moving surfaces with live hinging, as well as all necessary hardware, bulkhead, control horns are all laser cut from the original CAD files, for the pushrods we use spring tempered stainless steel wire, and the Teflon tubing is made in small batches specially for ECM, they are stored and shipped in UV protective bags farther increasing their shelf live, and bonding properties
Old Aug 09, 2007, 10:51 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
The production model has been reinforced with different types of carbon for better longevity
Old Aug 09, 2007, 10:52 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
And this is the guy who cuts our grass :-)
Old Aug 09, 2007, 10:56 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Mike Baker, once again has been gracious enough to do our building thread, please don’t hesitate to ask questions or post related comments, thank you Mike and all for taking the time…

Jose E. Bruzual
www.flyecm.com
info(at)flyecm.com
Old Aug 09, 2007, 11:12 PM
Somerville, MA
Joined Aug 2002
511 Posts
Glad to see things shaping up with the Elite, José. Any word on the shipping schedule? Could we possbly have an announcement list for those people with orders, so we know our place on the production queue, and when to expect shipment?

Best,
Al.
alk509 is offline Find More Posts by alk509
Old Aug 09, 2007, 11:24 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Hi Al,

I am going to let Mike work on the build until I feel comfortable with it (about a week), I only did a few presales for those who expressed extreme interest, and I don't even have it available on the site. I anticipate the presales will be fulfill with in then next twoto three weeks, also by then I should have a stock of kits allowing me to open the cart on the site

The waiting is almost over

Thank you

Jose
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:10 AM
Plane dodger
Stratford Sikorsky, Connecticut, United States
Joined Dec 2001
6,715 Posts
Mmmmm Tasty. Will need to add this cute little bugger to my quiver.

Great work guys!

Killer
KillerAir is offline Find More Posts by KillerAir
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:51 AM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,535 Posts
Jeb- That is a piece of art- Nice work once again.
Doug
dougmontgomery is offline Find More Posts by dougmontgomery
Old Aug 10, 2007, 01:33 AM
nøtterøy, NORWAY
Joined Mar 2006
1,171 Posts
This is great, Jose!

Kim
kimhey is offline Find More Posts by kimhey
Closed Thread