HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 08, 2007, 04:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2007
4 Posts
Discussion
Diy Altimeter With Pic

can any one provide me the code and schematics for altimeter with mpx4115 sensor.
faraz99 is offline Find More Posts by faraz99
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2007, 05:45 AM
Registered User
Germany
Joined Nov 2005
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz99
can any one provide me the code and schematics for altimeter with mpx4115 sensor.
Hi,

although the information is not specifically what you were asking for, it should help getting you started:

http://topaflyers.com/kites/altbuild.html

Regards,

Fred
fredhs is offline Find More Posts by fredhs
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2007, 08:09 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2003
32 Posts
Check in Components section here for some altimiter projects.
http://www.elkhart.net/~miked/Ulinks.htm
MikeDD is offline Find More Posts by MikeDD
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2007, 10:43 PM
Flying 3 mistakes high
GlennS's Avatar
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,522 Posts
check this one out:
http://www.jbgizmo.com/page27.htm
It uses a PIC12F675.
I built it and it worked fine. Ended up adding a header for an LCD display to read it out on the ground.
Glenn.
GlennS is offline Find More Posts by GlennS
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 02:44 AM
Cyb
Registered User
Belgium
Joined Sep 2003
118 Posts
I also made a small altimeter with Pic + mpx4115A. http://www.ploumen.be , it's in french.
Cyb is offline Find More Posts by Cyb
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 02:40 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2005
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennS
check this one out:
http://www.jbgizmo.com/page27.htm
It uses a PIC12F675.
I built it and it worked fine. Ended up adding a header for an LCD display to read it out on the ground.
Glenn.
Hi GlennS,
did the code from jbgizmo work without any modifications? I tried it with my P16pro programmer and winpicprog software but it din work... .hex was compiled using MPLAB v6.3 that i installed ages ago

With my limited knowledge of ASM, i managed to write a routine to flash the red n green led... this shows tt the PCB is ok...

Appreciate any help...
gEcky is offline Find More Posts by gEcky
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 03:39 AM
Flying 3 mistakes high
GlennS's Avatar
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,522 Posts
Its been a while since I made it, but cant remember any problems with it. I had a look at the source (its still on my PC) and cant see any changes I made on the leds only version.
I ended up adding some code to drive a 16x2 LCD display.
I used a JDM style programmer and icprog to program the chip.
BTW as described, the resolution is about 30ft per count on that unit. You could improve that with a scaling op-amp stage.
Glenn.
GlennS is offline Find More Posts by GlennS
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 04:10 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2005
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennS
Its been a while since I made it, but cant remember any problems with it. I had a look at the source (its still on my PC) and cant see any changes I made on the leds only version.
I ended up adding some code to drive a 16x2 LCD display.
I used a JDM style programmer and icprog to program the chip.
BTW as described, the resolution is about 30ft per count on that unit. You could improve that with a scaling op-amp stage.
Glenn.
Thanks! I'll relook at the code again
gEcky is offline Find More Posts by gEcky
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:58 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2005
73 Posts
Don't find anything wrong with the code. Anyone else has built this ( http://www.jbgizmo.com/page27.htm )altimeter successfully?
gEcky is offline Find More Posts by gEcky
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:42 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2005
73 Posts
upz...

Anyone built one?
gEcky is offline Find More Posts by gEcky
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY ESC with PICīs - is possible? fr3d Micro Helis 4 Dec 06, 2004 03:39 PM
Problems with the Pic Pro ScotY Micro Helis 15 Sep 27, 2003 09:25 AM
GWS P-51 mustang F/S with pic look waytoofast Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 21, 2003 11:20 PM
My sunday smash and crash :-) With pic Puddlemaster Parkflyers 2 May 25, 2003 09:56 PM
"Thou shal not" with a Pic Pro Eco8gator Micro Helis 2 Feb 10, 2003 07:10 PM