Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:35 PM
R/C Freak
Tulsa, OK
Joined May 2007
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Mod Man
134.4 to be exact.

Tether cars take a long time to reach top speed. I have less than 5 seconds to break 100 or the run is a waste because the car will run out of sight very quickly. Tether cars can take their time accellerating.

You will notice I said "Possible" not achieved yet. I have run 125mph with 140mph of wheel spin.

The big issue is run up distance to get up to speed. Accelleration is very important in this.

Matt
Don't get me wrong man... I have mad respect for your top speed project... just simply stating that "R/C's" have reached 200 MPH
Associated Freak is offline Find More Posts by Associated Freak
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:47 PM
---------Speed!!---------
Illinois
Joined Jul 2003
6,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbored21
well nic actually made an unconfirmed 160mph run and busted a spur or something if i remember correctly and couldnt make the return pass for the record.. it CAN be done.. its a matter of $$ and time and injinuity
Nic's 160 run was a strange anomally. He went back with that car and same setup 2 weeks later and was unable to brake 130.

He has seen well ove 140mph in testing, though (backed up by radar and wheel speed together).

It is looking like the next leap in speed is better lipo technology. We need 100C packs to get the weight down for better accelleration.

Matt
Heli Mod Man is offline Find More Posts by Heli Mod Man
Old Sep 15, 2007, 09:54 AM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
ya i agree.. i knew it was something of that nature.. i just remember that he did do it :P

as far as breaking it next your gonna be the one to challenge Nic's record.. ive been watching your thread since the low 80mph runups that were almost uncontrollable as you described it and the progression to the 125mph or so your at now.. keep hammerin at it man.. i wanna see 140!
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:57 PM
---------Speed!!---------
Illinois
Joined Jul 2003
6,134 Posts
That is what Nic keeps telling me.

Nic and I have become good friends. He is a good guy. His strength is being willing to ask alot of questions and apply what he was told. He also has an interesting family situation that allows him to spend alot of time on his RC stuff.

Did you know the first day out Nic broke the RC drag racing world record? He is also one of the best dirt oval racers in the country.

Nic is a born competitor.

Matt
Heli Mod Man is offline Find More Posts by Heli Mod Man