HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:04 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,120 Posts
Aqeel,

That's the exact motor you want! In fact, it looks like the Welgard version of the 2212-06. If you are building the 100% plane, that is the motor to use. Also get a 30A ESC from him to, works perfect with that motor. And an APC 6X4E prop.

If you mean this for the 60% version, let me know and I'll give you a link to a better motor on Hobby City.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:09 PM
Australia, NSW, Plumpton
Joined Jan 2008
381 Posts
Hi Pat This Is Not For 60% , I Alreay Have Motor For 60% And F22 60% Flying Very Well Now Moving On 100% And Once Again Thanks
aqkhana2002 is offline Find More Posts by aqkhana2002
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:03 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,120 Posts
OK, good. That's what I thought. Then yes, that is the motor you want.

Pat
Old Jan 30, 2009, 08:27 PM
Scratch builder
Ski, Norway
Joined Jan 2009
10 Posts
Local time 3:17AM, finally finished building!!

Just finished up my F-22 tonight. Cant wait until tomorrow for the maiden. I'll add my pictures from the finished build. Hope you like it, and I hope it will fly nice.
Kiddiboy is offline Find More Posts by Kiddiboy
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:15 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,120 Posts
Well done. Good luck on the maiden!

Pat
Old Feb 01, 2009, 06:44 PM
Australia, NSW, Plumpton
Joined Jan 2008
381 Posts
awsome Kiddiboy , and good luck ...

hay any one there from sydney? i want to know the place , where i can fly my plan , but don't want any club to join.

cheers
aqeel
Old Feb 01, 2009, 07:07 PM
Australia, NSW, Plumpton
Joined Jan 2008
381 Posts
Hay Pat,

do you recommend to use hot glue?

and what prop you recomment ?

i think Kiddiboy is using 5*5
Last edited by aqkhana2002; Feb 01, 2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2009, 08:20 PM
I believe in Kool Aid
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiboy
Just finished up my F-22 tonight. Cant wait until tomorrow for the maiden. I'll add my pictures from the finished build. Hope you like it, and I hope it will fly nice.
Looks great! Good luck with the maiden. If you've not flown one of these foam parkjets before they have a real tendency to roll left on the hand launch with the motor spun up and no airspeed. There are lots of techniques but I give it about half throttle and toss it easy at about a 60 degree angle. It still wants to roll left initially from the torque of the motor but it immediately starts flying and you'll be fine. More thrust only makes it worse. I've even launched it almost vertical with high thrust settings and that works great too and is pretty impressive. Just get your hand out fo the way of that prop!!!

Have fun.
Guppy Driver is offline Find More Posts by Guppy Driver
Old Feb 01, 2009, 08:35 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqkhana2002
Hay Pat,

do you recommend to use hot glue?

and what prop you recomment ?

i think Kiddiboy is using 5*5
Because I live in Arizona where it gets very hot in the summer, especially in my garage where I kep my planes, I don't use hot glue at all.

However, I'm sure it will work in cooler climates. But my preference is a good contact cement. I made a post about glues on the Eurofighter thread. I'll copy and repost here in a few.

I prefer an APC 6X4E prop on the 2212-6 motor.

Pat
Old Feb 01, 2009, 08:42 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy Driver
If you've not flown one of these foam parkjets before they have a real tendency to roll left on the hand launch with the motor spun up and no airspeed.
I have to disagree somewhat with this. With the mid-motor design, torque roll on launch is so much of a non-factor, I don't even think about it (but is a major factor on birds with a rear mounted motor).

I usually grab all my birds by the spine ahead of the motor, run it up to full throttle, then pretty much toss it straight up. No hint of torque roll, and with the 2212-6, the plane goes straight up.

But I wholly agree with your last statement. What out for that prop!

Pat
Old Feb 01, 2009, 08:47 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,120 Posts
As for glues I use on depron builds, I typically use either GWS glue, UHU Creativ, or Ultimate RC Foam Glue from Yardbird RC.

My favorite is UHU Creativ for Styrofoam. It's a good strong glue, and sets up fairly quickly. Only problem is that all the craft stores here stopped carrying it. Now I have to order it online from MFG Direct.

My next favorite is Ultimate RC Foam Glue from Yardbird. It sets up very quickly (like 2 minutes) and has a very good bond. It's also a little cheaper than UHU Creativ. But sometimes I had waste as the bottle would not spring back enough to stop the flow of glue from the tip. They may have improved the bottle since the one I got last April.

My 3rd choice, but the one I use the most because of availability, is standard GWS glue. I have several tubes of the stuff laying around from all my GWS foamy builds (one tube can usually build 3 or 4 planes, so I have lots of leftovers). GWS glue is a true contact cement. Spread on a thin layer, press the two parts together, separate, and wait about 10 minutes. But once you press the parts together again, you most likely won't get them back apart.
Old Feb 01, 2009, 09:44 PM
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2006
588 Posts
I like the ultimate rc foam glue,its super fast and comes in a easy to use bottle, I cant find the 4 oz bottle anywhere just the 2 oz .
superinstaller is offline Find More Posts by superinstaller
Old Feb 01, 2009, 09:58 PM
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2006
588 Posts
Hay pat has anyone built one w/ edf setup where the pusher usually goes? I have a 70mm/3900kv coming from hobbycity, Just got a 10 pack of foam! kinda curious if it would work, The BH 2212-6 setup I use is going to be hard to beat especially for the price (have 2 of them)
superinstaller is offline Find More Posts by superinstaller
Old Feb 01, 2009, 11:42 PM
Australia, NSW, Plumpton
Joined Jan 2008
381 Posts
wow superinstaller ! hay pat i do have 70mm /35000 motor , i also need the same stuff if you can help
Old Feb 01, 2009, 11:48 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,120 Posts
A friend of mine did an F4D Skyray with an EDF. I think it is 64mm, but could be a 70. Mounts right where the regular motor does. Biggest thing is to make sure the fan has an inlet lip. If it doesn't come with one, you will need to make one from foam. Helps a great deal with thrust.

Pat