Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 15, 2008, 12:01 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
guys, i love this bird so much that i m gonna build a smaller version, scaled down to 50%. muahha... m sure its gonna be fast.
See the thread linked in post 742.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2008, 01:47 AM
Anchorage AK
Joined Jun 2008
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxih
Hi to all..

Have been scootin around with my Yardbird F-22 for the past few months until last week when i managed to drive it into the ground and spend quite some time picking up the pieces..

So the question is - another YB or something a little different????

One of the guys i fly with has been playing around with an indoor version of this 22 and i gotta admit, i like the shape.. The YB was a nice looking plane but this one has some really smooth lines.. A brief skim thru this thread also has many comments claiming this one leaves the Yarbird in its wake..

So, i'm building me one... Gotta admit, i don't have the steadiest hand when it comes to cutting out plans, so that caused some apprehension but now that i'm half way built i'm loving the look & eagerly awaiting the first flight with those cool elevons...

Have tomorrow to finish the build (gotta work around domestic duties) before flying with the guys Sunday morning..

This plane, i feel, is going to be FUN....

Maxih...

I built both the YB-22 and Tomhe's F-22 at the same time. I like both very much and have to say that either one will give great satisfaction. The YB-22 kit is much better than the 6mmflyrc kit for the price. Tomhe's design will do things the YB-22 cannot but the YB-22 is very smooth and stable. It is deffintiely a toss up but would have to give the edge to Tomhe's design.
C. George is offline Find More Posts by C. George
Old Nov 15, 2008, 03:20 AM
Australia, NSW, Worrigee
Joined Jul 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
guys, i love this bird so much that i m gonna build a smaller version, scaled down to 50%. muahha... m sure its gonna be fast.
A couple of guys i fly with have mini versions, 60% i think.. Solid enough to play with outside but stable enough at slow(ish) speed to use indoors as well.
They look really cool at the indoor arena compared to the plethera of Vapors, Embers and foamie slow flyers..

Once i get myself squared away with the larger version i think i may just build a lil one..
Maxih is offline Find More Posts by Maxih
Old Nov 15, 2008, 07:07 AM
Let slip the dogs of war!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Been there, done that - it flies great and has a sick roll rate but . . . it is so quick and small, I'm really on the edge the whole time I'm flying it. If I had available expo rates of like 300% it would probably better. Here are some photos of it with its big brother--->http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=692

Ben
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Nov 16, 2008, 06:45 AM
hobby-asia.com
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
466 Posts
ah, i have just finish building it, now left with electronics, after gluing every pc, i found that the max prop i can use is something smaller than 5". i might try 4.75x4.75, coz thats the smallest prop i have. still deciding if i shd use the 3200kv or 2840kv motor, wat u guys think?

if only i see this thread yesterday, i would have print out the plans with 1" wider. hmm, lazy to rebuild, just fly with it 1st. haha.. i wonder if it flies as good like the 100% one. thanks
uniquexme is offline Find More Posts by uniquexme
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:37 PM
NJ
Joined Aug 2003
253 Posts
Tomhe- what are the elevon settings?
rscott2888 is offline Find More Posts by rscott2888
Old Nov 17, 2008, 09:51 PM
hobby-asia.com
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
466 Posts
finished building my 50% one. max prop allowance is up to 5". i was wondering if there is anyone using Emax CF2805 (2840KV)? i bought this motor as i saw alot of ppl using on micro parkjets, but then last nite, i try 5x5 on 3S, seems not enough thrust.

if it can't fly, i m switching to another motor KA450H (3200KV) with either 4.75x4.75 or 5x5, or 6x4. which do u think is better for this tiny jets? thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:03 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,081 Posts
A small 12mm inrunner of 4200 or 5100kv and a small GWS 3X2 or 3X3 prop works great. Or that one linked on adbradley's thread from Hobby City would be good too.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Nov 18, 2008, 03:27 AM
The Hague, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2006
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
A small 12mm inrunner of 4200 or 5100kv and a small GWS 3X2 or 3X3 prop works great. Or that one linked on adbradley's thread from Hobby City would be good too.

Pat
Hyperion Y12L-5300 with a GWS 3x2 prop would be a good choice. Perhaps the unit completely at the back to have a better trustline because of the small prop? Or shouldn't that be a problem?
ZamBeZi is offline Find More Posts by ZamBeZi
Old Nov 18, 2008, 03:43 PM
FPV Noob
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2008
228 Posts
I'm working on the 79% version (would have gone 100%, but I'm using fanfold) and I'm trying to decide on a motor ESC combo. This looks promising but I'd like to know what you folks think.

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...roducts_id=765

This, by the way, will be my first "jet".
Sailor Jerry is offline Find More Posts by Sailor Jerry
Old Nov 18, 2008, 04:21 PM
I believe in Kool Aid
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Jerry
I'm working on the 79% version (would have gone 100%, but I'm using fanfold) and I'm trying to decide on a motor ESC combo. This looks promising but I'd like to know what you folks think.

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...roducts_id=765

This, by the way, will be my first "jet".
I'm running this exact combo on several flat foam fighters, the largest is a SU27 XXL. It rips!!! I'm using a 6x4e prop on all and these batteries:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6470
Guppy Driver is offline Find More Posts by Guppy Driver
Old Nov 18, 2008, 06:18 PM
hobby-asia.com
Malaysia
Joined Apr 2006
466 Posts
maiden mine yesterday. not very nice to fly if shrink to 50%, seems like it tend to horse ridding no matter where i put the lipo, and also like to roll to left side after hand launch. But it rain shortly i maiden, so i gonna try again today.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:27 AM
Roseville, CA
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
Cf 2805

Quote:
finished building my 50% one. max prop allowance is up to 5". i was wondering if there is anyone using Emax CF2805 (2840KV)? i bought this motor as i saw alot of ppl using on micro parkjets, but then last nite, i try 5x5 on 3S, seems not enough thrust.

if it can't fly, i m switching to another motor KA450H (3200KV) with either 4.75x4.75 or 5x5, or 6x4. which do u think is better for this tiny jets? thanks.
I am using these motor on 2 of my pushers, Chara's H-29 and Tomhe's F-22. They perform very, very well. For whatever reason, I've made both these 24" span, and the motor powers both very well. I use 18 and 20 amp ESC. On the 29, I use a 1 amp 3s LiPo, and on the 22, an 800ma 3s LiPo. The prop on both is an APC 5.1X4.5 E. I have used the 5.1X4.5 speed on Chara's design and it works well. The "E" prop has wider blades and it appears to have better control, or transition from high to low speed. The top end of the speed envelope seems to be a little slower on WOT, but it's really hard to tell the difference. For the price, the CF2805 2840KV are great.

Next up is Tomhe's F-18, and next is the F- and then....
unloco2 is offline Find More Posts by unloco2
Old Dec 01, 2008, 07:46 PM
Australia, NSW, Plumpton
Joined Jan 2008
381 Posts
F22 60%

Hi There Nice Video Of F22 May I Know Your Motor Setup ?

Esc
Prop
Batter
Motor ???

Thanks In Advance
aqkhana2002 is offline Find More Posts by aqkhana2002
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:41 PM
Roseville, CA
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
Got a question, when we talk about down thrust on a midwing pusher, what do we mean? Is it the same as on a standard motor and prop on the nose, or does pointing the motor thrust line down force the plane nose to go up? Totally confused.
unloco2 is offline Find More Posts by unloco2