SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:19 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,188 Posts
Looks a little different than the plan on this thread, but for COG I'd say right around where the point of the "V" is where the forward section meets the wing, maybe 1/2" in front of that to start.

You're not in the LA area by any chance are you?

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Last edited by crxmanpat; Mar 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:28 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,848 Posts
Thanks Pat -

I'll start from there and see what it does. This is a little different cut than the design on this thread..but it looks pretty close.

I am in Fort Worth Texas...interesting to see these profile planes are spreading world wide...even in Texas of course!! LOL

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:18 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,188 Posts
Yeah, there have been several profile type F-22s done. This is just one of many.

Pat
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:34 PM
Indonesia, Bali, South Kuta
Joined Jan 2013
113 Posts
Just maidened my first ever build, it flew great until a pilot error crash her into concrete wall

One question if anybody can help me, i got the CG set and all was balanced, but when i try to glide it it going nose down, no stick input given.
It is normal to have like this or i should move the battery a little bit to the back and make it a little bit tail heavy ?
Rc16 is online now Find More Posts by Rc16
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:38 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,770 Posts
No, don't make it tail heavy. Make sure you have it it trim with the elevator. Do this with small inputs with the elevator trim on the transmitter.

Jim
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:55 AM
Joined Jan 2013
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm View Post
No, don't make it tail heavy. Make sure you have it it trim with the elevator. Do this with small inputs with the elevator trim on the transmitter.

Jim
Thanks for the suggestion, will try and see with trimmed elevator, now on progress gluing my second F22

Hope get luck and fly this beauty for long time
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Jul 2006
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc16 View Post
Just maidened my first ever build, it flew great until a pilot error crash her into concrete wall

One question if anybody can help me, i got the CG set and all was balanced, but when i try to glide it it going nose down, no stick input given.
It is normal to have like this or i should move the battery a little bit to the back and make it a little bit tail heavy ?
To find CG.
Calm is good.Elevator and Ailerons neutral.
Full throttle level across field in front of you low enough to see results.
Cut throttle, it should stay level a little and then slowly descend.
If it dives, you are nose heavy.
If it climes, you are tail heavy.
Move battery,etc. to balance.
OR.
Fly inverted. If balanced you should have a little down elevator to keep it level.
If anyone thinks this bad advice, please correct me.
Good luck.
masty534 is offline Find More Posts by masty534
Old Mar 23, 2013, 04:13 AM
Joined Jan 2013
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masty534 View Post
To find CG.
Calm is good.Elevator and Ailerons neutral.
Full throttle level across field in front of you low enough to see results.
Cut throttle, it should stay level a little and then slowly descend.
If it dives, you are nose heavy.
If it climes, you are tail heavy.
Move battery,etc. to balance.
OR.
Fly inverted. If balanced you should have a little down elevator to keep it level.
If anyone thinks this bad advice, please correct me.
Good luck.
Hi Masty,

Thanks for your suggestion, already made and maiden my second F 22, and it flies great without any trim it glide really nice.

I think i sort out the problem to the drawing, as I made my own tiled plan from the full pdf and make it printed to A3 size paper, the measurement seem a bit difference from the original one.

The second built i was printed the plan full size and got no problem at all when flying, just a bit up trim for launching and she goes flying...
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:42 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
f-22 raptor tomhe

so, may i know what should be the exactly capacity of esc for rc f22 '30A or 40'A, Masterpiece? thanks!!
mukhlis1010 is offline Find More Posts by mukhlis1010
Last edited by mukhlis1010; Mar 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:24 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,188 Posts
You need to choose your ESC based on your motor and prop. The best setup I've found so far for the F-22, and all similar pusher jets:

Suppo 2212-6 2200kv motor
Suppo 30A ESC
APC 6X4E prop
2 9-gram servos (I use HXT900's)
3S 1300-1800mAh lipo

I sell this full power package on my website:

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=249

Pat
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:06 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,021 Posts
I don't sell anything, but I can second Pat's suggestion that that combo is a terrific choice for a parkjet F-22. Good match of KV/prop/battery for the type of plane we are talking about here, and usually if you get a combo you save a few bucks over buying individually, so even if you already have servos or prop, etc, you can always use spares, so it pays get the whole deal.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:57 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
1,848 Posts
Finally got to maiden my F22 Profile with switchable LED kit "Hk Lumifly". Very fun flyer, fast and nimble...not quite ready for the sick full throw rates...very twitchy ichy fast. So I am still dialing myself in...was able to nearly hover....glides flat and smooth...never did find a stall..it just flew to zero speed and pancakes!!!!! wierd...LOL What a blast to fly. The Lumifly LED kit is pretty bright and really helps keep the late evening orientation of flight. I did not know how loud it can get as the paper depron is acting as a soundboard. Anyway thanks for all of your post and vast information....

Thanks again fellas....I have another boring video to post as soon as U-tube completes by morning

TwistedGrin
F22 Electric R/C 25.5inch Profile with LED kit 03-26-13 flight 3 (6 min 35 sec)
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Last edited by TwistedGrin; Mar 27, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2013, 03:44 AM
chuck-e-Jeez
The Netherlands, GE, Zutphen
Joined Mar 2012
41 Posts
The first scratchbuilt I've flown, and a year later it's still my favorite. replaced the nose a couple of times, paint coming off, lazy color scheme, but still my go-to plane.
Flew in urban environment for the first time yesterday.
I hope you like the video

Urban flying day 1 (5 min 4 sec)
Jeez is offline Find More Posts by Jeez
Old Apr 22, 2013, 04:08 AM
Joined Jan 2013
113 Posts
Reading some build from coro, accidentally found store that sell it and in my mind, why not try to build one from coro.

Flies good like the depron one.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 09:43 AM
Seattle, USA
Joined Oct 2009
849 Posts
Rc16, looks great! It's always nice to try new building techniques, especially when it turns out so well.

Any details about your build? For instance, what thickness of coro did you use and what glue?
jeffsch is offline Find More Posts by jeffsch