HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Tomorrow ill fly with a 2650 4s which will give me double the amp capacity so should perform even better.

Edit. Also planning on ordering a cs 10 blade 70mm. May put it in this as its my only 70mm airframe at the moment
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Last edited by stingeragents; Oct 25, 2012 at 06:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Ok. Tooo windy to fly today but i did do some more sanding covering weight dropping and painting.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Well my 4s 2650 battery ended up being bad. Once it gets about half throttle, the rpms didn't increase any all the way up to WOT. Got 2 new 40c 2200's ordered today. I'm sure they will fly the plane MUCH better than the 20c 1000 I have been using. I guess it has been perfoming fairly good though for only being able to get 20 amps out of that little battery. I also crashed the plane the other day when I flew directly across the sun on accident. Had to replace everything from the wing break forward and now its flying again.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:17 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,137 Posts
Have you tried setting your throttle end points in the ESC? I do that for every new ESC I use. Here are the steps for the most common generic China ESCs:

1. Turn on your transmitter and move the throttle stick to full.

2. Plug the battery into the ESC.

3. Listen for the beeps. You should hear two long beeps spaced out, then two short beeps in rapid succession.

4. Immediately after the two short beeps, move the throttle stick to fully closed. You should then hear one long beep, then the number of beeps relative to the number of cells of your lipo (3 beeps for 3S, 4 for 4S, etc).

Your ESC has now "learned" the throttle endpoints of your radio so that full throttle is full, and closed is closed.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Its not that as it works fine with my other 4s as well as a couple 3s. That battery was in a bad crash but it was only decent size 4s i got. Im having no luck with planes today. Crashed my 50mm f35 and pusher pak fa this morning. Fixed them both. Went to fly again. The 50mm fan disintegrated itself before i even threw it and i think the pak was tail heavy and it crashed again too. Ughhh. The last few plans ive built from the cg point has been way off
Last edited by stingeragents; Oct 30, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Ok, had an issue today that I can't figure out. I got a changesun 70mm fan in a few days ago and wanted to test it out in the F22 as I didn't have any other planes built yet. So I swapped out the fan, motor, esc, and thrust tube for the changesun setup. The plane had a problem rolling to the right. At full throttle it wouldn't roll right even an inch, but had no problem rolling to the left at any speed. I landed it and re-setup the elevons to make sure they were level. On my 2nd flight same thing. I ended up doing an almost WOT nose in to the left, because I couldn't get it to level out. What on earth could cause this? I don't think EDF"s have torque roll so I don't think it could be that. Stalling out the servos was my other thought but why would it only stall out when rolling to the right and not the left? Of note, with my previous fan, a dynam 70mm , I had no problems rolling either direction.

Edit: Well I added ailerons to it, and it flies fine now. Minus the couple beers I drank so everythings not quite aligned right. Took constant correction to keep it level. Rolls good either way though now. Still would like to know what the issue was. Plane looks like frankenstein now though with all the tape and glue I had to use to puzzle it back together. The next time I crash I am gonna rebuild it at 120% so hopefully I wont have to do so many modifications.
Last edited by stingeragents; Nov 04, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:26 PM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
408 Posts
Hey Pat -

You know I couldn't resist ......

Albert's Victory Lap (1 min 55 sec)
gatorlynch is offline Find More Posts by gatorlynch
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
This is BAT country!
United States, MI, Ovid
Joined Nov 2003
618 Posts
Dork, you made coffee come out my nose!
Gonzo 1971 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo 1971
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
Im new to jets and i love the profile planes so i decided to search for some plans....and well here i am!! This is the second one ive built....didnt know how much id like it and needless to say....by far my favorite!! Running the f27 stryker 2200kv motor with a 6x6 prop and an eflite 2200 mah battery. Auw is right at 18 oz and enough power to go vertical till u cant see it...top speed is prob 70 to 75.....wish it was faster but i love the loops and barrel rolls with my new toy. Anyways just wanted to share my freshly painted fff f22 raptor.....crashin style!!
crashin is offline Find More Posts by crashin
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:15 AM
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
Here is the one im flyin now....had to do out with the pink!!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:57 AM
beemerdon
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
786 Posts
Nice work, Crashin, where do you get the 6x6 props? Thanks.

Don
beemerdon is offline Find More Posts by beemerdon
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
Thanks don!! The prop is made by parkzone for the f27q stryker....since my lhs had the motor at a discount i bought it for the raptor. The shaft on the motor is 5mm and the prop adapter is too big to run apc props....if i drilled em out there is not enough plastic to be strong enough to spin that fast so the 6x6 is already to go and costs 2.99
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Crashin, ur enemy for speed is airframe drag. You could run that plane on 8s theoretically and still only hit 70. Ive learned a lot about drag doing scratchbuilt edfs. You can have 2 identical power setups that will do 120mph in a slick airframe, but only 60mph in a draggy airframe
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Jan 2011
50 Posts
Im basing my speed off of the cars traveling down the highway next to the feild i fly in...i live in the cou try so it was purely a guestimation....one of the local sherrifs likes to watch me fly 3d in the smalltown i live just outside of so maybe i can get him to radar me!! But anyways in youre experience which airframe would be best for speed....im gonna build another jet cuz im gonna get me another motor for christmas....i would love to break 100!!!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:10 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,921 Posts
Steve Shumates Super Bandit has the best chance to go fast
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41