Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 15, 2011, 02:18 AM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
1,184 Posts
You know I scrath built this aircraft from Tomhe's plans using depron. Put it together and set the CoG as recommended. Maiden day I set everything to streamline, then two clicks of up elevator to be sure. Throttled her up to 1/3 and did an underhand toss. She climbed out like she was on rails and I didn't need the two clicks of up elevator either. Such a docile and stable bird if you want her to be. There is no secret formula to get this plane to fly right, just build as per the instructions and set the CoG as recommended.
nrg2go is offline Find More Posts by nrg2go
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2011, 11:18 AM
United States, FL, Key Largo
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Okey here's a good question, the center of gravity with this plane, when its at idel, is it supose to be level on all axis, or is it supose to be a little nose heavy? That would help me out a lot easier. Cause everyplanes diffrent, I want it to stop pull 20gs,and to stop throwing the battery out. Also do anyone run any expo on the elevator?
minegun2 is offline Find More Posts by minegun2
Old May 15, 2011, 12:31 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,235 Posts
I would run approx 30% expo on all control surfaces...especially if the plane seems twitchy. Balance the plane at the recommended CG...with a very slight nose-down attitude.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old May 15, 2011, 03:47 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
how much depron would i need to get like what size sheets and stuff would i need to get cause i wana make a depron version of this.
Old May 15, 2011, 03:55 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,142 Posts
The large depron sheets measure 39"x27". It takes just over 1 full sheet to cut one of these out.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old May 15, 2011, 05:03 PM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,501 Posts
Pat how do you get those BIG sheets shipped without incurring a LARGE freight penalty cost ?
birdofplay is online now Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old May 15, 2011, 05:58 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,142 Posts
Well, I used to tag along orders with Jim (he typically ordered 3 or more boxes at a time). But now Empire has started getting in stock from RCFoam to supply all the local stores with. I have a dealer account with them, and can get cases at wholesale with no shipping costs!

Pat
Old May 15, 2011, 09:20 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
The large depron sheets measure 39"x27". It takes just over 1 full sheet to cut one of these out.

Pat
okey maby not the big i already got a 30 by40 i think pice of posterboard from officedepo in my room waiting to be cut up, but im tired of having the paper rip and stuff, unless there a batter way to stop the paper from being retarted with out having to add much weight? but is there smaller size sheets i can use? more economic wise, in size and price?
Old May 15, 2011, 09:25 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minegun2 View Post
okey maby not the big i already got a 30 by40 i think pice of posterboard from officedepo in my room waiting to be cut up, but im tired of having the paper rip and stuff, unless there a batter way to stop the paper from being retarted with out having to add much weight? but is there smaller size sheets i can use? more economic wise, in size and price?
http://www.rcfoam.com/product_info.p...056257b0846d8e could i use these sheets instead? they are smaller.
or this?
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...ets-p-885.html
Last edited by minegun2; May 15, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old May 15, 2011, 10:15 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,142 Posts
Yeah, the half sheets are OK to use too. Just make sure you get white. Black and gray seem to be a little softer.

Pat
Old May 15, 2011, 11:06 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, the half sheets are OK to use too. Just make sure you get white. Black and gray seem to be a little softer.

Pat
what size would be the half sheets then our of thoes two? cvause i just went to go mess with the plane a little, im it starting to piss me off that foam board, cause of the dumb paper, not only that, i want the darn thing to fly slower, the plane right now is easly push 70mph, i also noticed that the front nose ahas a curv in it, and that can explane why its always banking to the right, and why its flying a little wierd, so im going to depron, but im still gona fly the darn thing till the new depron gets here.
Last edited by minegun2; May 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old May 16, 2011, 01:12 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,142 Posts
Yeah, that foam board is a royal pain. I never use the stuff personally. Thanks goodness I have easy access to depron. Most of the shops here carry it, and the guy that cuts my kits for me has a large supply of full sheets.

The nose is supposed to have a natural downward curve to it. When I built my first one I thought I had cut it wrong, but all of them are like that.

PS - What are you doing up at 2am?!?!

Pat
Old May 16, 2011, 02:29 AM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that foam board is a royal pain. I never use the stuff personally. Thanks goodness I have easy access to depron. Most of the shops here carry it, and the guy that cuts my kits for me has a large supply of full sheets.

The nose is supposed to have a natural downward curve to it. When I built my first one I thought I had cut it wrong, but all of them are like that.

PS - What are you doing up at 2am?!?!

Pat
playing flight sim witha friend flying a yf-22 and its a side was bend not a down bend, like the nost is pointed to the right, not down ward while i was bored i made some new copy of the planes and i actually didnt cooky cut them this time, so far i just took off the dumb while boarders, i plan to match them up properly this time before i cut the templets out this time, i gona try one more attempt with the rest of the foam board i got, i got this ideal, when all the pannels are cut out, i plan on wrapeing them in clear packing tape, so maby that will help a bit. well see, but after this im goin to dayyyyproooooon
Old May 30, 2011, 11:07 AM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Mar 2011
65 Posts
Subscribe, thanks! -Jason
burndup is offline Find More Posts by burndup
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:41 AM
Osijek, Croatia
Joined Oct 2010
135 Posts
I have crashed the blue one with EDF, reason...damaged battery
But in 3 afternoons I have made a new one, this one with prop.
Here is flight recorded with mobile phone.

F22 HD (4 min 27 sec)
gcok is offline Find More Posts by gcok