HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2011, 10:53 PM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
Multi role plane.

ComeFlyWithMeTV - Croc Park Davao (5 min 24 sec)
batusaix is offline Find More Posts by batusaix
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2011, 11:10 AM
United States, FL, Key Largo
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
lol a good flying day,ened up with my cliping a pole and the plane landing 40ft in a tree, lol good thing theses thing are cheap to make, that one was a beater plane anyways, new one gona be nicer
minegun2 is offline Find More Posts by minegun2
Old May 12, 2011, 06:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
ok i got a few question about this plane, is it normal for these f-22 to be so pitch sensitive or is mine so sensitive cause of the cg set up? also mine has a tendcy to want to nose up all the time, idk if my cg to far back or if it the motor angle. can i get some help guys, cause i will tell u this thing will flip so freakin hard it will throw the battery out of it, done it 6 times already, can i get some setup help, thx all. other then taht i love the plane
Old May 12, 2011, 06:49 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
Two things:

Pitch sensitive = CG too far back

Use strong velcro!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old May 12, 2011, 06:50 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
Oh, and post some pics of your bird.

Pat
Old May 12, 2011, 07:37 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Two things:

Pitch sensitive = CG too far back

Use strong velcro!

Pat
ao wear should i put the battery then, its a 2200mah battery. also i had fun getting the plane down from a tree today had fun look retarted throwing a football at it lol
Old May 12, 2011, 08:05 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
When I fly a 2200 pack, it goes on the strip of velcro closest to the electronics. The strip further forward is for 1300 packs.

Pat
Old May 12, 2011, 08:22 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
When I fly a 2200 pack, it goes on the strip of velcro closest to the electronics. The strip further forward is for 1300 packs.

Pat
hold on il go grab a pic of what the setup looks like right now.

okey here the after math of a pole and a tree, not bad actually.

heres the new nose, looks bette then the old one lol i made the nore more of a aro head to cut threw winds better.

ok wear i was running the battery, and it seemed to fly a little odd, i put it there and the thing took all down trim for it to fly level, some what.

and now heres wear im thinking about putting it.

any suggestion?
P,S its also useing a 60amp esc right now, i got a 35amp for it, i just haven't run the new connector on it, u guys think that will play a role with the wierd handling?
Last edited by minegun2; May 12, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:11 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,376 Posts
Try to place the battery so that it lays sideways across the bay. That way you have lateral balance as well. Otherwise the plane will turn quick one way, but be sluggish or almost non-responsive the other way.

The 60A ESC won't hurt anything, just be more than you really need. Go with the 35A once you get connectors on it.

Pat
Old May 13, 2011, 12:00 AM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Try to place the battery so that it lays sideways across the bay. That way you have lateral balance as well. Otherwise the plane will turn quick one way, but be sluggish or almost non-responsive the other way.

The 60A ESC won't hurt anything, just be more than you really need. Go with the 35A once you get connectors on it.

Pat
yea i just got done putting in the 35 amp, it seems a bit more balancled out now, i can put the batter stright in the plane now and do a balance test and its not all heavy to one side anymore, it a little heavy on the esc side, but its better then it was before, it feel lighter too, i also stabed my hand with a damn neddle nose pliers too i dont want it to run to fast, i just want it to be more controled, im not in to crazsy flips and barrole rolls right now, i want a more scale flight it why im trying to run it more in center, but now i got the battery pushed way forward in the nose, also, i think the servos are two 12gram mg servos, if that helps to it explane why it a bit tail heavy, i got some lighter 5g servos on the way, maby that will help with balance, and help me get the batter more back wards. i also added some dowl bars in the winds to night too.
Old May 13, 2011, 07:54 AM
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
249 Posts
You need a solid rod from wing tip to wing tip, without it the wings flex an makes it very hard to control or trim. I perfer carbon fiber, but wood will be ok, just need one solid rod that runs through the fuse from wing tip to wing tip. You"ll be amazed the differance. If its still to senstive for you make it a tad nose heavy.
dmaaero is offline Find More Posts by dmaaero
Old May 13, 2011, 10:03 AM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
USA, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Aug 2010
995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaaero View Post
You need a solid rod from wing tip to wing tip, without it the wings flex an makes it very hard to control or trim. I perfer carbon fiber, but wood will be ok, just need one solid rod that runs through the fuse from wing tip to wing tip. You"ll be amazed the differance. If its still to senstive for you make it a tad nose heavy.
Here is another tip to add to the one I quoted. You'll probably already know, but from a Newb who just had to rebuild a wing on another plane, here's what I learned. Run your carbon fiber rod at the cg and imbed it into the wing. Simply gluing it to the top of the wing ruins airflow and you won't get any lift. If you knew that already, disregard.
Runnikee is offline Find More Posts by Runnikee
Old May 14, 2011, 12:22 AM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Okey well I already knew about the cutting in to foam part to put spars in, I put some spars in yeaterday, and two more tonight, I'll post pics in the morning, I tryed placeing the battery wide ways in the bomb, bay. (Due to it always wanting to throw the battery, or the paper on the foam giving away) so I found out, it dosent like to fly with the battery like that, idk if its a dynamic air issue or if it just how the plane is set up, but it like the batter to be long ways. Idk if u noticed but my air ducks are more open for air to pass threw, went away with the scoope thin that the plane csupose to have, I wanted it to fly better in wind, maby that will help with u guys too, and I'm thinking about buying the lasercut version from 6mmfly. And then useing the laser cut as a tracer on make a foamboard, templets, so then I can make better cuts instead of chicken scratch vut out iliek I did with this one. But this is what I figured out today, past week I since I built this thing I can't get it to fly propely, and I can't even do proper real flights yet due to this cg thing. I'll get some pics tomorrow morning of new setups. See if that will help u cuts out a little better. I love the plane just this setup issues I hate thoe. Maby the lastervut one will be better. less issues lol
Old May 14, 2011, 01:00 AM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,680 Posts
minigun2:
That portion of my F-22 Fuse is where I keep MOST of my GLUE !!!

Ummm so why do I keep having to moving my Lipo aft ? :}}}
birdofplay is online now Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old May 14, 2011, 12:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay View Post
minigun2:
That portion of my F-22 Fuse is where I keep MOST of my GLUE !!!

Ummm so why do I keep having to moving my Lipo aft ? :}}}
Wait what? Lol okey, I flew the plane again today, I found the battery need to be way forward now, I think the little added weight in the back helped balance out the plane a bit more with the big battery, I'll show u wear I had it in a bit. I still think the depron version is gona be a nicer flying, gona be more squared up. If u get what I mean. also i had about 6ppl come up to me asking me about it and stuff lol, who knows maby il see a few more f-22 in a few weeks flying around lol

and heres the the pics of the spars and stuff.

this is wear i tryed the battery today except it was towards the back about a inch or so, not that far forward, but in the general area, excpt im useing the tiny 35amp esc now.i didnt try flying with it sideways, il try it tomorrow.
Last edited by minegun2; May 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM.