HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:33 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,695 Posts
hmmm, gotta try that maneuver on mine now LOL. time to install landing gears.
sweet vid
Doushiyou12 is online now Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:54 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Australia, NT, Katherine
Joined Apr 2009
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueangels4 View Post
your superhornet is gorgeous,.. when I build mine in will be in canadian tigerstripes,... UHM,.. I just heard my son yell Blueangels again!,.
Ahh kids they are sooo funny.

I am building a secret project too Secret because I don't want anybody but my 7yo Great Niece who I'm building it for, know or see us flying it.

Anyway back to Butterfly#1 .... I mean secret project. Luckily I don't have to come up with the paint scheme, my chief designer and painter will be taking care of that.

The Super Hornet was done up in Aussie 20Years of Hornet paint scheme which was on one of our Classic Hornets for a year. I did this one by hand before I knew about water-slide transfers. Strictly not correct as we have only just got the Super Hornet but who's going to know...... ah right everyone now.
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:11 PM
orlando FL
Joined Aug 2005
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
hmmm, gotta try that maneuver on mine now LOL. time to install landing gears.
sweet vid
trust me with this plane you will!,..dont bother with the landing gear believe me,.. i thought of it,.. but I just grab it on the dorsal sine with my thumb and 2 fingers,.. 3/4 throttle,.. a little up attitude/ up trim and underhand wrist flick/ toss it,.. it tracks straight ahead,.. no torque no nuthin',.. then juice it,.. and pull back on the stick,... voila,.. video re-creation,.. and wow,..its gone!

I got 4 more flights on it today,.. with a crack up on the launch on the first flight of the day DOH,.. crack the nose section near those 2 intake pieces underneath straight up to the canopy area,.. was still attached pretty good and me if i was gonna go home,.. so I thought its flying or its dying ,.. to my surprise it flew just as good! it really is a glorified trainer,.. remember I havent flown in 9 years!,.. flying solo at a remote field by myself,... and I am finally getting my sticks back?,.. thats a testiment to tomhe's design!... I think tho that I might just stick to a brightly colored design for right now and have this as my beat around plane,..

but seriously skip the landing gear and just have fun!
Blueangels4 is offline Find More Posts by Blueangels4
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:26 PM
orlando FL
Joined Aug 2005
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
Ahh kids they are sooo funny.

I am building a secret project too Secret because I don't want anybody but my 7yo Great Niece who I'm building it for, know or see us flying it.

Anyway back to Butterfly#1 .... I mean secret project. Luckily I don't have to come up with the paint scheme, my chief designer and painter will be taking care of that.

The Super Hornet was done up in Aussie 20Years of Hornet paint scheme which was on one of our Classic Hornets for a year. I did this one by hand before I knew about water-slide transfers. Strictly not correct as we have only just got the Super Hornet but who's going to know...... ah right everyone now.
cant wait to see it!,.. I was thinking about something like that too for my boys,.. (not a butterfly though ),.. check this thread out,..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331491
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:33 PM
orlando FL
Joined Aug 2005
745 Posts
actually my boys are into bugs!,.. keep me posted,.. i bet I can make it look like a wasp or sumthin,..
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:14 PM
orlando FL
Joined Aug 2005
745 Posts
NOW BACK to the F-22!!,.. will post pics of my cracked nose and carbon fiber stripes fix,.. and paint process!,.. wait a couple of days for it,.. also thanks for letting me get excited about this great tomhe design!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:50 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider-man View Post
Any word on those hat cam pictures crazyj? My F-22 is now half way through finishing off, so I'd imagine it'll be ready this week sometime however I doubt it will be anywhere near 6oz!!! I'm going for around 18-22oz...
Hey folks, I know you've been wanting to see the hat-cam getup. So without any further ado, here they are:

Sorry for the wait, I've been caught up in family and work matters
And yes, I work for Ask.com and have a messy apartment
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:43 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Australia, NT, Katherine
Joined Apr 2009
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
Hey folks, I know you've been wanting to see the hat-cam getup. So without any further ado, here they are:

Sorry for the wait, I've been caught up in family and work matters
And yes, I work for Ask.com and have a messy apartment
Someone is building a Polaris from what I see in amongst the necessary mess.
Is that allowed in an F22 thread???

What camera is that, the GoPro???? Thinking of getting one.
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:47 AM
orlando FL
Joined Aug 2005
745 Posts
looks like a dream apartment!,.. depron and an iPhone! nowadays I am ordered out to my work station in the garage!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:31 PM
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
Someone is building a Polaris from what I see in amongst the necessary mess.
Is that allowed in an F22 thread???

What camera is that, the GoPro???? Thinking of getting one.
Yup that's a GoPro HD 960 Hero camera. I wrapped the camera with masking tape and then used CA to glue the magnets to the tape. The magnet-to-magnet contact between the camera and the hat holds really strong, but is able to be attached/removed very easily.

Yes that's a 100% Polaris, an E-Flight Nieuport 17, 65% Tomhe F-22, Predator 2 low wing DLG, Battlewing v3.5, Mini Sidewinder missile, and the depron remains of a Polaris %75 kit. And those are only the airplanes in my fleet that need repair...

Oh I forgot the Parkzone micro P-51 sitting on the bookshelf.
Last edited by crazyj; Jan 30, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:38 PM
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueangels4 View Post
looks like a dream apartment!,.. depron and an iPhone! nowadays I am ordered out to my work station in the garage!
I wish I had a garage, but I'm saving up for that big purchase (buying a house) soon... Saving = buying less airplanes...
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:20 PM
RC SAPRANOS
At the field in 10...
Joined Jun 2008
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj View Post
... Saving = buying less airplanes...
But doesn't include building new airplanes...
Glider-man is offline Find More Posts by Glider-man
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:52 PM
Joined Nov 2002
2,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider-man View Post
But doesn't include building new airplanes...
I can never stop buying new airplanes, only sow down a bit... I'm thinking about building a new Tomhe F-22 100% with ailerons next...
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:05 AM
orlando FL
Joined Aug 2005
745 Posts
!,.. I buy depron sneak it into the house then start building bit by bit slowly
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:33 AM
orlando FL
Joined Aug 2005
745 Posts
I have the day off today so I repaired the large crack in the side profile of the f-22,.. I simply cut a slit into my 9mm depron and slipped in some flat carbon fiber about 4-5 inches long,... will post a pic of it later,.. I am heading out to the field right now to get more flight time in!,..
this plane is freakin addicting!