HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:07 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
866 Posts
Like the RG65

I love Al's RG65 Jiff.

I keep trying to adopt him as my Grandpa, because he said he was going to make a boat for his Grandson. He just laughed, dang.... Maybe it is because I'm a grandpa too, or maybe he thinks I should finish one of the ones on my table.

Rick
Fairwind900 is offline Find More Posts by Fairwind900
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:17 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
866 Posts
Vic/Canterbury J

Accident report,

We posted pictures a couple weeks ago of a two Newbee sailing accident with a Victoria and a Canterbury J. Both boats were being sailed by Richards relatives that hadn't sailed before. The J climbed over the back of the Vic. It took a while to dislodge them. Long enough for everyone to get a picture at least.

I'm am very happy to report no real damage to either boat. Our rescue swimmer Tim didn't even have to get wet. But thanks Tim!

Richard said a couple little scuff marks but nothing hurt and the boats continued to sail that day. The Vic was back out by itself on Sunday.

Rick
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:41 AM
Hanford, CA
Joined Nov 2008
43 Posts
He Rick,

I thought it was still your turn to be the rescue swimmer after all you have the experience.

Tim
Odomtim is offline Find More Posts by Odomtim
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:58 AM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairwind900 View Post
Wait Manny, if you are moving. Drive a bit further and sail with us. If you are just going up to race okay, but if you move think Visalia..... I'd like to have you with our gang.

Rick
When I move to Bakersfield my plans are to drive up to Visalia to sail. local guys here only race and nothing in my fleet currently fits the bill.
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:46 PM
Tehachapi, CA
Joined Jul 2007
193 Posts
Hey, I know someone that'll share the ride!! Keep in touch Manny. Ron (the Tehachapi one)
blckgnx is offline Find More Posts by blckgnx
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckgnx View Post
Hey, I know someone that'll share the ride!! Keep in touch Manny. Ron (the Tehachapi one)
Will do Ron !
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:59 PM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzy View Post
When I move to Bakersfield...
What the !
woodybob is online now Find More Posts by woodybob
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:23 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
866 Posts
Good deal Manny,

Manny, you might as well just move to Visalia. That way we could get you hooked on the 16' Hobie Adventure Islands too. In any case I'm glad to hear about you moving this way. Woody come on the water is fine.
Last edited by Fairwind900; Sep 06, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:38 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,278 Posts
I spent a week in Bakersfield one night.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodybob View Post
What the !
Time for a change.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:25 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
I always think of that scene in Castaway when I hear the name Bakersfield.
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:43 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
866 Posts
Sierra MYC Shop Report Sept 7 2012

Yo Commodores,

Around 10 am Tim came over with the Canterbury J. Tim was ready to add his deck hardware and get every thing ready for sailing on Sunday. Richard came in and helped with moral support.

We ended up shutting down the shop after Tim finished up around 4pm. It was a good day. Tim thinks he will have it on the water Sunday. Richard will bring his J and we will have fun watching them sale.

See you folks on Sunday at breakfast at 9:30.

Rick
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:47 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,278 Posts
Lionheart is looking good.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:59 PM
Pomona, CA
Joined Apr 2007
669 Posts
Bee-you-tee-full....
poltergeist is online now Find More Posts by poltergeist
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:40 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
866 Posts
Sierra MYC Pond Report Sept 9, 2012

Yo Commodores!

At breakfast we had Richard, Tim, Ron, Rick and myself. Lots of talk about Canterbury J's and everything that had gone on during the week. Garth missed today said something about opening of Fantasy Foosball or something.... The big thing for today was to see for the first time on our pond 2 Canterbury J's and everyone was excited about that. I didn't over hear the conversation between Rick and Richard, but what I got from the conversation from Rick was Richard didn't bring his Canterbury J today because he it to be Tim's day with his new boat and he didn't want to detract from that. Rick thought that was very kind even if a bit disappointing, well at least that is how Rick relayed the conversation to me on the walk to the pond.

Too bad, because as we got closer we could see Al, Ruthie, Sophie, Don already waiting for us and Tim and Richard setting up their Canterbury J's. Hmmm Richard did it again!

Tim and Richard setup their boats with everyone standing around then snapping pictures and admiring their handy work. Nice job Tim and Richard. I found myself thinking I like this feature on Tims boat and that feature on Richards boat and then back again over the whole boat looking at their craftsmanship. Nice work Guys!

I try and let the photos speak for themselves. Don had his Voyager, Al brought a Vic and PEE WEE his little footy. Richard had his Cj and a Vic, Tim had his Vic, Ron brought a Vic, and I had a Vic and a J36 today.

Richard launched right behind Pee Wee, then Tim put his boat in for the first time. And everyone had boat sin the water and transmitter were passed around so that you weren't sure who was sailing which boat.

The winds were in the 3-4 range early in the day and later picked up to 5-6. Everyone sat and chatted and drooled looking at the boats.

Tim and Ruthie talked about the Picnic again coming up October 14. I was kind of hoping to see Bill show up as I know he and Lorena enjoy the Picnics. But I'm sure they are reading this.

Al and Ruthys daughter and grand daughter showed up and sailed.

We had lots of opportunity to see the new boats sail in light and fair puffs.

As we sat around after with Tim, Richard, and Rick and Ron the conversation turned to building techniques, as Rick and Ron both have a Cj in different stages of build and how with the 36" J we have a pretty decent J fleet now.

We folded up the tents around 3:30 ish.

See ya next Sunday. This Hobby is too good not to share.

Rick