MILLERTIME is online now Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:53 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,426 Posts
Rick
Really a great place to sail! Very inviting. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:15 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
859 Posts
We plan to sail Thursday

Thanks Boomer and Don.

Garth called and wants to go sailing on Thursday. Yipee... I heard from John O, he may join us too.... Anyone else, Come on Don and Boomer, load up those boats and lets sail.

Rick
Fairwind900 is offline Find More Posts by Fairwind900
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:50 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,252 Posts
I would love to, but we have our cousin lunch Thursday.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:58 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,426 Posts
Thanks for the invite! If I were still working I would jet up there no problem. I was in sales and traveled throughout the west for decades and have made countless sales calls in your area over the years.

I afraid it'd be a tad on the expensive side to drive up there now, considering the price of fuel today!

Since moving from the OC to Temecula a few months back, besides my regular sailing lakes, I have found a few more local places to sail - made some new friends as well!

Love the pictures - and would enjoy sailing with you fellows - but until I win the lottery, I think I have to stay a bit closer to my home lakes.

Posted a couple of photos of my home lake. You may have seen these posted on another thread but, if not here ya go!

We have property at Rancho California RV Resorts - which is located about 18 miles from Temecula in a beautiful valley about 2200 feet above sea level. Super weather for sailing and RC flying too. The resort is basically a country club for RVs on a golf course with all the same things as a regular CC - owned there for almost 8 years now. Fun place - good friends etc.
Enjoy!
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Jul 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,899 Posts
Posted in the MM thread, but perhaps also interesting for the Plaza pond followers:

Having a good time with my second MM sailing in a strong breeze (1 min 30 sec)

For full screen HD, right click the vid, and choose "Watch in HD on Vimeo"
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:44 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
859 Posts
SMYC Pond Report Thursday July 19 2012

Yo Commodores,

Garth and I met up at the Holiday Inn at 9:30. We had to dodge a couple of rain drops to get there but we made it. We ate a happy meal and discussed the news of the day.

We talked about a servo that might work for the ODOM's that is on sale at Servo City. The HS 5995tg servo a digital servo that has a power requirement in 6-7volts range. http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-5995tg_servo.html

After we headed to the pond and setup ODOM's. Our long lost pal Bill White showed up and got us all up to date on what was new in his life. We talked about maybe bringing out our Seawinds for Sunday.

Sailing on Thursday has it's benefits mostly in the lack of activity in the park. The Hotel had a full parking lot but hardly anyone was in eating. We had a couple of fishermen but no traffic from Soccer Game to deal with.

I brought out a Vic Sail pattern for show and tell just in case Dennis made it by. It is in the back of the truck for Sunday.

We didn't pack up and leave until 4:30pm. Lots of sailing lots of smiles.

We will catch up with you at the pond on Sunday.

Rick
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:12 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,228 Posts
I miss my weekday sailing. But I am lucky to be able to come into RC Groups and and look at all the great pics and read the updates. Thanks for sharing !!
gpzy is online now Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:54 AM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,252 Posts
Looks like fun.

Here are some pictures from our cousin lunch.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:49 AM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
859 Posts
Sliding on the pond

Yo,

I enjoy going back and seeing the counters on the different pictures that were posted. It shows me what kind of photo the folks watching like best. For me I liked the wake photo called "Sliding on the pond". The picture of the two ODOMs in the last group.

Thanks Manny... Glad you join us here even if you can't bring your lawn chair out and sail.

Don the cousin lunch is a great idea. You need to invite your almost cousins too. You do pick up the check right?

Rick
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:13 AM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,252 Posts
"You do pick up the check right?"
That's a funny one.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:42 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,252 Posts
My nephew Kyle belongs to the Elkhorn Yacht Club in Moss Landing. They have a boat in the 2012 Pacific Cup Race. The race is from San Francisco to Hawaii. Their boat is in the A class. The name of boat is Blue Mist.
You can follow the race here. http://pacificcup.org/track.html
Link to Elkhorn Yacht Club. http://www.elkhornyc.com/index.html
Last edited by MILLERTIME; Jul 22, 2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:00 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
859 Posts
Sierra MYC Pond Report July 20, 2012

Yo Commodores,

Five for breakfast and a crowded restaurant. Richard, Bill, Tim, Garth and I took a side table today and watched a new waiters work. Sure makes you appreciate the pros... She brought Bill an Eggs Benedict instead of Biscuit and Gravy close...

We talked about boat and servos and how cool it was indoors. Garth bought one of those HS 5995tg servos that may go in his ODOM. We were thinking about some of our other pals that have been missing for a while and we were thinking of Rick H back in cool Nebraska, probably have corn on the cob for breakfast.

When we got over to the pond Don had his voyager already out on the water and sailing. Don had a new lens system he bought for his Canon that bolted on by way of the tripod mount. Very different. Nice buy Don.

We had several walk ups during the day. A Canadian family from Quebec was fun. We let them sail and they had a great time before heading to the Sequoia Park just down the road. A couple little boys and a retired guy and his wife Scott came and sailed.

We had lots of short course races and they were all squeakers at the finish line.

We shut down around 3:30. The summer temp had worked its way up and we were ready to go charge up our batteries.

One of the little boys, 8 years, old that came up really wanted to sail I handed him my transmitter and we told him he was sailing the Green boat (Richards Vic). He had the best time sailing. He was very excited. And the Victoria sailed great. The Seawind was going in circles. He figured it out and told us he was sailing the other boat. Good for him...

Lots of fun, and it was good to have the guys at the pond.

Catch up with you next week.

Rick
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:12 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
Nice pics as usual. . .it was good to see Don and Bill out there.

". . .a retired guy and his wife Scott?"
CUJ0 is offline Find More Posts by CUJ0
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:13 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
859 Posts
Wife Scott

". . .a retired guy and his wife Scott?"

We never know who is going to walk up at the pond. And today a wife named Scott according to the pond report. But get this, the husbands name was Scott too...

Last edited by Fairwind900; Jul 22, 2012 at 08:28 PM.