Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUJ0 View Post
PM sent to dwatson.
Thanks for the information.

I will let you know what I end up doing. I am still sanding and painting the hull.

thanks,
DW
dwatson is offline Find More Posts by dwatson
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
Just FYI, here are the class rules (if you intend to race) for that section of the boat if it helps:

5 KEEL:

5.1 Keel fin or position shall not be altered or modified.

6 LEAD BULB:

6.1 Lead bulb may be smoothed, shined or painted. Dings, dents and imperfections may be filled.

6.2 Shape shall not be altered.

6.3 Bulb shall be attached to the keel fin as defined by the kit instructions: Bulb cover may be eliminated.
CUJ0 is offline Find More Posts by CUJ0
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:07 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
880 Posts
SMYC Pond Report April 1, 2012

Yo Commodores!

It had rained yesterday and the winds were up today and it was cool.

I loaded up a 36"J and an ODOM, set my GPS to the pond and headed off for breakfast. I parked at the pond and walked back over to the hotel for breakfast. Tim, Charlie, Gus and Richard were sitting at table 24 and ready to order, Rick H came in just behind me so we had a quorum.

The meeting commenced on time and after the approval of the minutes from the last meeting. First on the agenda was old business items. Tim brought up the need to raise the club dues again this year. He felt strongly that we need enhance our revenue stream. Tim had charts prepared that proved we would only lose half as much as last year if we double our annual dues. A vote was called and the new fee structure was approved on a silent vote.

After breakfast we headed back to the pond to get in some sailing. As we walked over we found posted on the trees this notice:

Notice
The Commissioner of Visalia Department of Parks and Recreation

No longer allows any use of Remote Control Sailboats or power boats in this park.

Starting April 2nd 2012
Code # 412012
Harassment of wild life

Tim fired off first, you gotta be kidding me. Have you seen the little kids throwing rocks at the birds. And asked if we had seen this. I figured I needed to take a picture of this so I could deal with it. Gus and Charlie chimed in and commented how terrible that was. There was this sinking feeling. I was thinking okay, where do we sail in the mean time. Rick H and Richard were still parking their cars and walking over. They hadn't seen the signs yet.

I told Charlie, Gus, and Tim not to say a word about it to Richard or Rick when they walked up. Pretend we didn't see the signs.

So we sailed. No one mentioned the signs.

The wind was up and blowing hard. I rigged my ODOM on the leeward side of a big tree and that made getting the sails on easier. Gus had his America 3, Charlie sailed the Sanibel. Tim sailed his Vic, Richard and Rick sailed Fairwinds.

It was easy to get in trouble and there was some banging going on. Several boats didn't turn in time and hit the cement. Ouch. Rick and Charlie's boats got hung up the Sanibel boom got caught on the Fairwinds back stay. But they blew to shore and things were put right.

We had a great time. Later Charlie pulled his Sanibel and drained it. He sat his transmitter in a trash can while he worked on the boat. When he pulled the transmitter out of the bucket it was dripping water. The trash can must have collected all the rain from yesterday. No problem, must have been a drip dry radio. Glad it still worked.

I was sitting next to Richard later and Charlie said what are we going to do about the Notice? I said, "I was thinking of going to the commission meeting next week and talking to them. Richard said, that's a good idea. I told Richard I was hoping he would go with me. That's when he fessed up about posting the signs.

April 1'st you got to love it..... Richard did good, he got us.

Okay charge up your batteries and we will see ya at the pond next week.

Rick
Fairwind900 is offline Find More Posts by Fairwind900
Last edited by Fairwind900; Apr 03, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:21 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,586 Posts
That sucks guys, I hope you can find a nother pond to sail on.
What a shame, totally idiotic.

I would drown Rich, or keel haul him
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Last edited by Schrott; Apr 01, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:38 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairwind900 View Post
That's when he fessed up about posting the signs.

April 1'st you got to love it.....
LOL!

I looked at the pictures before reading your post and was totally reeled in!

So glad that is not real!

Looks like another great day on the water!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
I have to admit I was reeled in. . .

I'm glad it was April 1st!
CUJ0 is offline Find More Posts by CUJ0
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:28 AM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,348 Posts
Great pictures,
Thank You

P.S. for Richard
Your bad.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:03 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,100 Posts
hahahahaha, that gave me a good laugh. I should have seen it coming. The whole time I was thinking "why april 2nd?"
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis
Old Apr 04, 2012, 04:10 PM
Tehachapi, CA
Joined Jul 2007
194 Posts
You mean I drove all the way up there, saw the signs, and no one around, so drove all the way back home for an April Fools joke???????????? I don't feel so bad about putting the baby aligators in the pond now!! Ron
blckgnx is offline Find More Posts by blckgnx
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:37 AM
Taking care of the pond.
Joined Apr 2004
7,348 Posts
Lol.......
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:05 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
880 Posts
April 1

April 1'st proved to be a tough day at the pond. But it sure did provide some good laughs.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Jul 2008
31 Posts
Easter Egg Sloop

Some pictures of Tyler's Easter Egg Sloop.
Marc
vslslr is offline Find More Posts by vslslr
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:37 AM
Taking care of the pond.
Joined Apr 2004
7,348 Posts
We want more pictures Tyler.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:35 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
880 Posts
Sierra MYC Easter Shop Report 4/8/2012

Yo Commodores!

What a gorgeous day. It was a no sail Sunday and I was kicking back when a call came it. It was Tim. I'm at the restaurant where are you? What??? We said we weren't sailing today. My neighbor Henry and I planned to sail this Thursday. Ron wrote last night and said he would like to sail Thursday. Tim was supposed to be working and Rick Harvey was taking the day off.

Oooops! But! I did tell Richard I would meet him for breakfast, and we would cut some wood for him. I forgot... Good thing the restaurant is just down the road.

Funny how restaurants are popular on Easter Sunday. After we headed back here to work on Richards scupper project.

Richard wanted to cut scuppers into a piece of wood 3/16" wide on the table saw. I was thinking this is going to be tricky. But it all worked out.

I snapped some pictures of Richards deck. Wow, that Purple Heart wood is looking great!

Tim bought a wood planked canoe project and shared that. Tim and Richard talked about making a 60" J boat next. I'm going to have to get on the stick. I have the 36" going but don't have a Canterbury J yet and they are ahead.

I'm looking forward to sailing Thursday with the guys. I want to see Mark and Tylers Easter Egg boat too.

Charge up your batteries and we will see ya at the pond.

Rick

P.S. my sister maybe out next week too she made the eggs.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:36 PM
Tehachapi, CA
Joined Jul 2007
194 Posts
Ha,ha,
Too cool!! The eggs, and the deck! People with a bunch of talent!! Gotta love it. OK, see ya Thursday. Ron
PS Thanks Rick for another excellant "Non-Pond" report.
blckgnx is offline Find More Posts by blckgnx