HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:15 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
look there showing off. no snow.

merry christmas guys. would love to be there.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:07 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
863 Posts
Smyc

Here was a short video made Sunday Dec 21, 2008

Sailing, Flying and shop time (3 min 3 sec)

Merry Christmas
Fairwind900 is online now Find More Posts by Fairwind900
Old Dec 22, 2008, 07:25 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
863 Posts
no snow

Yes it is true we don't have snow where we life, and in order to have snow we must drive to it....

And you, you lucky get it delivered free.
Last edited by Fairwind900; Dec 22, 2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 07:23 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
863 Posts
Sierra MYC Pond Report Dec 28, 2008

Yo Commodores,

I didn't think this would be a sailing day, at best a day in the shop. It was cold out and so close to Christmas. I had chatted with Rick H last night and neither of us committed to sail. Then about 9ish Ron called from his cell phone "I'm on 99 and headed your way...".

So I packed up the truck with a Vic and ODOM, some tangerines and some cream puffs and headed about 10. It was actually fairly nice out. I didn't have a jacket on just a light jacket. Sitting in the sun was great.

A new guy "Mike" came up with a power boat, and we chatted and he ran around the pond for a bit. Ron came up and joined us. We sat back and sailed and let the day move along.

A guy (Ed maybe?) and his 4 year old son came up, Aden. The man explained this was Aden second time visiting us. Aden had come out two years ago and has wanted a sailboat ever since. His grandpa bought him a power boat and he brought that. While it was charging I gave him 180 to sail and he was a happy camper.

It was fun seeing a 4 year old who had been thinking about sailing 1/2 his life come out and enjoy the hobby.

Ron and I sat back and enjoyed the rest of the day. Around 2:30 we went back over to the shop so I could get him hooked on the Blade MCX by E-flite helicopter. It was only fitting as Ken my neighbor and Rick Harvey infected me with the bug.

I think we will have another Blade owner very soon. I'm going to have to setup a helicopter track in my garage, with a landing pad on the back of my Atlantic Tug was the suggestion from Ron.

It was a great day at the pond. I'm ready for a 2009 and a lot of sailing...

Charge up your batteries and see at the pond

Rick
Old Dec 28, 2008, 07:37 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
863 Posts
Flying the blade mcx by Eflite

After sailing we went over to the garage for Ron to try out the Blade mcx by Eflite. Watch to the end....
Last edited by Fairwind900; Dec 28, 2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 09:36 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,262 Posts
Good report & great video, I will have to get my helicopter fixed.
I couldnít make it today, it was moms 85th birthday. We took her to Yosemite Falls restaurant. Mon had a real good time.

Don M.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Jan 03, 2009, 07:49 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,262 Posts
PT Boat Snipe Hunt Movie.

PT Boat Snipe Hunt Movie (2 min 3 sec)

Tyler's PT Boat & Snipe Sailboat.
Old Jan 04, 2009, 07:23 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
863 Posts
Sierra MC report Jan 4, 2009

Yo Commodores,

Second sail of the new year. The first was yesterday when Marc and Tyler got in a sail, with You tube proof.

Today it was fairly cold and a bit foggy out, with winds around 2mph, and temperature less than 50. We started just before 10, Ron, Bill and I were there and ready, but first we sat in the truck and shared tall tales for a while. Then we got out the Seawind Victoria and ODOM and did some sailing. We threaded our boats between all kinds of he different birds on the pond, including lot's of Canadian Geese. The lower mark was tricky to go around. No one wanted to get up and actually see where the boat was before attempting the rounding.

By 12:30 or so a motion was made with a second to head to the shop and check out the new lathe and play with the helicopters....

At the shop everyone took turns turning some wood on the metal lathe, and discovering how it worked. We had great fun thinking about what we might make for our boats. Ron got ideas for parts for his race cars. We tried cutting and turning that black Delrin that Commodore Don had given us. Thanks Commodore Don for donating the material last year.

Our attention soon turned to Helicopters. Ron had just purchased a new Blade MCX. It flew great right out of the box. Ron and I charged our batteries and the three of us took turns flying the two helicopters in the garage. What good fun. We were amazed at the down wash effect the blades put out and the impact that had on the helicopter that flew below. We got in a couple of flights and several crashes. Ron flew under one of the large carts without hitting anything very tricky.. We discovered that it wasn't easy finding those small washers they use to hold on the canopy. Bill actually did find one and that was impressive, considering all the sawdust on my garage floor.

We chewed on tangerines just off our tree and Bj made some Carrot soup to help warm us up.

We had a great day.

I had a call from Mike this week. He needs to sell his Black and Red Victoria with Spectrum 5e transmitter that he just purchased. He said he would like to get $200. He is on the mailing list if you are interested.

Charge up your batteries and see ya at the pond.

Rick
Old Jan 05, 2009, 11:13 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,262 Posts
Nice lathe, and pictures.
Old Jan 07, 2009, 02:18 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
this is a boat

you havent sailed until you sail one of these at full speed.
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie
Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:33 PM
ralph
Antelope, CA 95843
Joined May 2004
131 Posts
Mudgudgie: Nice looking yacht, what is it called or who makes it (MFG.?). I am trying to get a US1M or a hull I could convert that wonít cost me a $1000.00 or more. ralph1937
ralphhager is offline Find More Posts by ralphhager
Old Jan 08, 2009, 04:53 AM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Iom

It looks like an IOM to me. Manufacturer unknown. $2500-$3000+ U.S. dollars.
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:59 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
863 Posts
Iom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudgudgie
you havent sailed until you sail one of these at full speed.
Which IOM is that? If you are having trouble finding a place to store it let me know, I can find a spot for it in my workroom....

Rick
Old Jan 11, 2009, 06:23 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC
Visalia CA
Joined Jul 2007
863 Posts
SMYC pond reprot Jan 11, 2009

Yo Commodores,

We got out to the lake around 10ish..... We were in the fog, with light air. Ron pulled up and he came and we sat inside the club house (suburban) and chatted. Rick H joined us shortly after. Jeff came up with Johnny and that made five. With fog in a very light air we decided to head to the shop and go helicopter flying instead.

I ran next door and invited Ken to join us and bring his Helicopter. With Kens helicopter that made 4 Blade CMX's. Folks were great about taking turns. My son-in-law Michael joined us flying. With 4 in the air things get a bit exciting. But to help we added a couple of boxes in the middle of the floor as landing pads target.

While the batteries charged from the first flight we played on the lathe. My kids went to get Pizza and we sat around in the shop next to the heater and ate pizza and talked about all the issues of importance to R/c hobbies.

We ended up calling it a day around 3pm. We all had a great time. I'm thinking next Thursday or Sunday at the latest we will have to get some time in sailing.

Charge up your batteries... And see ya at the pond.

Rick
Old Jan 11, 2009, 10:14 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,262 Posts
I charged my radio last night. When I got up the sun was shinning, I checked the water & oil in my car. I loaded up the car and headed south.
When I got into Sanger it was foggy. I stopped and had breakfast and waited to see if the fog would lift. It got fogger; I didnít feel like driving in the fog so I went back home and worked on my barge crane.
Maybe next week will be better.
See you at the pond.

Capín Don