HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2007, 03:58 PM
Joined Nov 2004
52 Posts
Discussion
Lost plane sound beacon question.

Hi guys, I posted this in another area a while back, and someone posted a picture of how to make one, and a picture of one a company made, but apparently they went out of business, as I cant find them. So I figured maybe one of you would know a place a lost plane sound beacon could be purchased? example plugs into channel 5 of a receiver only using 4, and can be activated to find a downed plane faster.

The reason I ask is, I have a GREAT private flying area the land owner/farmer lets me use, however, I occasionally come down in his spinach area, and makes the plane almost impossible to find sometimes, even when ya think ya know exactly where it is, it isnt. Thanks in advance!!!!!!
TIMN is offline Find More Posts by TIMN
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2007, 06:09 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
Hi Tim,

Bob in Seattle here. What if I told you that you are the luckiest man on earth !!! I bought one of those things about 10 or 15 years ago. I put it in a box, and forgot about it. I just found it. Your discription made me think about the one that I bought. I wondered if I still had it, I do !!!! I even have the original paper work. I never used it. I assume that it still works. The price back then was $34.95. I don't intend to use it. All you have to do is solder on your lead for the receiver. See photo.
Make me an offer that I can't refuse, and it's yours.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2007, 01:19 PM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Sep 2004
999 Posts
$20...

http://www.skykingrcproducts.com/acc...del_alarm.html
sekollera is offline Find More Posts by sekollera
Old Aug 06, 2007, 01:36 PM
Joined Nov 2004
52 Posts
Bob, THANKS for the offer. I would certainly takle you up on that, but the one posted right beneath yours looks easier(no soldering), so I'm gonna go that route insteaed. Thank you again!!!
Sekollera, great find, I'm ordering one right now. I spent literally 4.5 hours on day looking for my cub that ran out of battery and caught a wind. It was about a block further than I thought, and like I said in a spinach field, they burry themselves just perfectly out of sight. Thanks again, wioll order now.
TIMN is offline Find More Posts by TIMN