Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by MULLETED, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 11:27 PM
windbagger
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2007
16 Posts
Discussion
What a perfect day

WOW!!
I bundled up my toys and went down to Jackadder lake yesterday.
Well, what an eye opener. The Perth Radio Sailing Club http://www.perthradiosailing.com.au/ was holding an IOM event during the most perfect winters day.
It has been a very long time since I have been to that neck of the woods, and my, how things have changed.
The lake was, dare I say it, manicured.
Last time I was there the grass and reeds were waist high, yesterday I could have practiced my putting (my local golf course was less well looked after) on the lawn it was so well mowed.
The yachts, and the skill with which they were sailed, was staggering. It looked like a fairly steady 4knts on the water and these yachts were skimming across the lake at a surprising speed (fair dinkum, it looked like they were doing 6knts at a times) and barely bothered to slow down to round the marks. Those guys know how to sail!...I have soooo much to learn.
Unfortunately I was unable to stay for long, but, managed to get a good look a couple of these top dollar speedsters and saw the simplicity and sense of their rigs...Beautiful.
I took a couple of photos, Perth in winter 20 degrees.....loverly.
I tried to get all the yachts into the shot at once (as well as learning to sail I need to learn to use a camera.....I had no idea what I was doing).
Two things struck me strongly;
i) These guys take their IOM's very seriously, and,
ii) Everyone had a smile on their face.
MULLETED is offline Find More Posts by MULLETED
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2007, 11:38 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,769 Posts
Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing them.

Will
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old Aug 05, 2007, 02:42 PM
windbagger
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2007
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhaney
Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing them.
Thank-you for your kind words
MULLETED is offline Find More Posts by MULLETED