HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:26 PM
Forever young
Bro, Sweden
Joined Nov 2001
77 Posts
I got my ASSAN gear today. A bit disappointed though when I saw that the coax connection was way out of centring towards the casing of the module. I can tell that there is some severe tensions in that PCB. I'm thinking of taking the lid of the module and make the hole bigger.
I guess I'll have to break the void sealing for this operation, but to send it back and wait for a replacement is going to kill the rest of my indoor season.

@Meng. Contact the production engineers and tell them to make a fixture tool ASAP, because this is going to create broken contacts or soldering points. If that happens during flight, someone might get injured when the plane crashes.

The system is going be tested this coming Friday on a big indoor event. I'll post some kind of review based on my impressions.

/Kim
rcaviator is offline Find More Posts by rcaviator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2008, 02:56 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I ordered it here. But you can find it in almost every web shop that handles Spektrum products.
I received my Spectrum antenna today, only to discover that both the module and Spectrum antenna connector are female (no center pin). Back to the ribbon cable solution .

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Mar 17, 2008, 05:05 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,454 Posts
Fred,
Do you make your own servo extention wires? If you do simply cut off one of the servo pins and insert it in the connector. Solved the problem for me.
Hope this helps,
Neal
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:09 AM
Joined Apr 2006
14 Posts
Okee I,m using sins 2 wks your xp8 set meng ,and I am very happy with it ,the only problem is that I,m using my old transmitter and I want to use my evo set so LICHT can you explain clearly how you mount the transmitter in the EVO set.
Thanks for the reply cees
cees dorst is offline Find More Posts by cees dorst
Old Mar 19, 2008, 08:14 AM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cees dorst
Okee I,m using sins 2 wks your xp8 set meng ,and I am very happy with it ,the only problem is that I,m using my old transmitter and I want to use my evo set so LICHT can you explain clearly how you mount the transmitter in the EVO set.
Thanks for the reply cees
thank you.

i hope our RF Moudle for EVO come as soon as possible too.i feel so sorry for the late.

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:42 AM
Joined Apr 2006
14 Posts
Thanks meng for the reply ,do you also sell a antenna mount for my evo I dont like to demolisch my sweethaert cees
cees dorst is offline Find More Posts by cees dorst
Old Mar 20, 2008, 08:31 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
90 degree antenna connector

hi,guys,

i found an antenna connector, with 90 degree angle.

i purchase and try to install in my test Tx,i found it's useful for WFLY09,and not meet JR 3810,because it's with a little high than 3810's handle.

please check the pictures.

meng
Last edited by ASSAN; Mar 20, 2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:00 AM
Graham Dyer
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
698 Posts
looks good, now where can we get one too?
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:16 AM
Graham Dyer
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Jul 2003
698 Posts
Found these: http://www.smelectronics.us/smaadapterswept.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong: the antenna section is SMA male and Module is SMA female?
pardus is offline Find More Posts by pardus
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:35 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardus
.... Correct me if I'm wrong: the antenna section is SMA male and Module is SMA female?
Yep.

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Mar 21, 2008, 05:01 PM
Joined Feb 2003
153 Posts
I got my Assan module and 2 each X8R6 receivers today. The antenna connection was well centered in the case, and every thing looks good.

I have a Hitec Eclipse 7 and the module fits well.

In order to start the binding operation, I found I had to move the channel 2 stick from neutral to full down (up elevator) just once, instantly after turning the transmitter on, to get the red led to flash, to start the binding operation.

They then bound in a few seconds, and everything worked.

I tried the instructions in the manual, and they didn't work for me until I did the above procedure.

I think people must like there units, since the receivers sold out almost instantly and they haven't sold that many transmitting modules since both module and receivers were back in stock. I assume that people are buying more receivers for the transmitting module that they already have.

Lloyd
lquick is offline Find More Posts by lquick
Old Mar 21, 2008, 05:28 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Sep 2007
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lquick
I got my Assan module and 2 each X8R6 receivers today. The antenna connection was well centered in the case, and every thing looks good.

I have a Hitec Eclipse 7 and the module fits well.

In order to start the binding operation, I found I had to move the channel 2 stick from neutral to full down (up elevator) just once, instantly after turning the transmitter on, to get the red led to flash, to start the binding operation.

They then bound in a few seconds, and everything worked.

I tried the instructions in the manual, and they didn't work for me until I did the above procedure.

I think people must like there units, since the receivers sold out almost instantly and they haven't sold that many transmitting modules since both module and receivers were back in stock. I assume that people are buying more receivers for the transmitting module that they already have.

Lloyd
I also have an Eclipse 7 so would like to here how this works for you,
gasser1933 is offline Find More Posts by gasser1933
Old Mar 21, 2008, 06:19 PM
Joined Feb 2003
153 Posts
It is working great.

Lloyd
lquick is offline Find More Posts by lquick
Old Mar 23, 2008, 09:12 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN
hi,guys,

i found an antenna connector, with 90 degree angle.

meng
In Futaba FF9 Tx.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 01:58 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,983 Posts
Meng,

The 90-deg antenna connector looks good. I am sending in my stuff for the upgrade. Would it be possible to send me a connector when you send me back the upgraded stuff, please. Let me know how much and I will pay you via paypal.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm