HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2007, 07:54 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Price? Also when will you have smaller receivers? That's really what I need right now. But if the price is low enough, I may be interested in grabbing a TX/RX pair right now.

Julez, they said it is a chip made in Europe and sold throughout the world, so I would guess it is off the shelf.

With that connector on the RX, I bet the carbon fiber glider guys will like this system.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2007, 08:14 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
BTW: I think their site is getting hammered, never did load for me.
Old Aug 06, 2007, 02:55 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot
BTW: I think their site is getting hammered, never did load for me.

There is nothing on their web site mentioning the 2.4GHz stuff. So no big loss.

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Aug 06, 2007, 04:01 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,244 Posts
Quote:
Julez, they said it is a chip made in Europe and sold throughout the world, so I would guess it is off the shelf.
Yeah, but though they need individual FCC checking, so their hardware cant be as much "off the shelf" as XPS' hardware.

Quote:
With that connector on the RX, I bet the carbon fiber glider guys will like this system.
Well, its not hard to install such a connector on every FASST reciever. Twice.
U.FL-->RP-SMA pigtails and antennas can be bought for a few $ in every store selling WLan equipment.
Exactly this stuff is used by XPS for the new, bigger module antenna. Works for every reciever in the same way.

Cheers,

Julez
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Aug 06, 2007, 08:07 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
I did send them an email, we'll see how long it takes before I get a reply.
Old Aug 06, 2007, 08:16 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN
in 2.4GHz system, there are not only FHSS and DSSS, there have some other digitally modulated intentional radiators.we are the "others",i promise its abide the FCC and EU rule in 2.4GHz radio system., the 2.4GHz chip maker localed in EU and sold all around the world.
Interesting. The FCC and ETSI rules clearly state that either FHSS or DSSS are the only method of transmissions allowed. The only exception are the 4 channels used for video transmissions, and those are not allowed for communications other than video. So, either your system is FHSS, DSSS, or illegal in the US and EU.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2007, 10:02 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Interesting. The FCC and ETSI rules clearly state that either FHSS or DSSS are the only method of transmissions allowed. The only exception are the 4 channels used for video transmissions, and those are not allowed for communications other than video. So, either your system is FHSS, DSSS, or illegal in the US and EU.
Jim,

i don't think so, in FCC Part 15, they are not forbidden other digital communicate way, not only FHSS and DSSS can get the FCC ID when it worked in 2.4GHz ISM band. you can visit the website of 2.4GHz chip maker, not all of them only FHSS and DSSS.

best,

meng
Http://www.assan.cn
MSN & E-MAIL: sales@assan.cn
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Aug 07, 2007, 01:57 AM
Holger Rusch
Germany, Karlsruhe
Joined Apr 2003
415 Posts
The known ETSI norm says, that everything which is not FHSS has to been looked at, as if it is DSSS. That is again the 10mW/MHz Limit and some other stuff.

=> Without FHSS or real DSSS it would be hard to get enough power legally in europe.

@ASAN: Do you give us a link to "your" chipmaker?
Prof. Dr. YoMan is offline Find More Posts by Prof. Dr. YoMan
Old Aug 07, 2007, 04:08 AM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. YoMan
The known ETSI norm says, that everything which is not FHSS has to been looked at, as if it is DSSS. That is again the 10mW/MHz Limit and some other stuff.

=> Without FHSS or real DSSS it would be hard to get enough power legally in europe.

@ASAN: Do you give us a link to "your" chipmaker?
Thank you,

i am sorry, i am a sales man, for the Tech details, i can't answer you correctly.

i know the primay rule, we need abide the local law when we sold products to there.that is all.

best,

meng
MSN & E-MAIL: sales@assan.cn
Old Aug 07, 2007, 09:35 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
No email for me

So what's the price and what forms of payment?

Is this going to be sold through United Hobbies?

How soon will you have smaller receivers? I need small like the Spektrum AR6300 and AR6100 (with end pins). Bring those products quickly enough and I'll buy your stuff.
Old Aug 07, 2007, 09:33 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Got an email a short time ago... Anybody want to be a distributor?
Old Aug 07, 2007, 09:54 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Got an email a short time ago... Anybody want to be a distributor?
thank you,

meng

MSN&E-MAIL: sales@assan.cn
Old Aug 08, 2007, 07:17 AM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Nov 2001
440 Posts
AndrewsJr is offline Find More Posts by AndrewsJr
Last edited by AndrewsJr; Nov 30, 2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2007, 08:47 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsJr
Meng,

For a new product announcement in the 2.4ghz area, you or your company would be well advised to provide details to these questions. Until then everyone will be asking for the same information......
  1. What is the price (USD) for the TX/RX
  2. How are the products going to be distributed in the US?
  3. Is a smaller receiver option such as the 6ch AR6100/6300 going to be available? If so, when?
  4. When will your products be FCC certified?
  5. When will your products actually be available for purchase?
  6. What testing has been done? Who? What types of aircraft (turbine, 3d, hotliner, glider etc)? Reports of results? End user evaluations/opinions?
  7. Performance (range) of the RXs in composite airframes (carbon/kevlar) such as gliders/hotliners?
  8. Technical description of the system, power, frequncy hopping?, uni-directional/bi-directional communication, # simultaneous systems in use, resolution etc. etc.?

Thank you

Jon Andrews
Dear Mr.Andrews,

thnak you.

you have so many questions,i think i can't answer all,sorry.

we are new comer as a 2.4GHz system supplier,we have so many works need to do before X8 appeared in Ameracian.why i show our X8 in Rcgroups? because we need find a suitable partner in USA,we are sure that the local assist to the customers is important for any products.your questions include some details we need talking with the partner first, that is a correct business way, right?

we have been take a long time to test X8 in local, include at 3D player, EDF and Align 450 heli with different type gyro etc. no problem (yes, at first, we meet some problems,and we have been sloved them.the quality improved step by step,until now, we think it's time to launched X8).

i think X8 is perfect for most application, if 80% customer feel satisfy,i will be glad.

i hope all details clearlly soon.

best regards,

meng
MSN&E-MAIL:sales@assan.cn
Old Aug 09, 2007, 02:19 AM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
The Video

hi,