SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 23, 2007, 09:52 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
a Heli Hobby Action yesterday

hi,guys,

we take an action yesterday, let's show some pictures.
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:44 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Cool photos !
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
Toronto Canada
Joined Aug 2004
1,730 Posts
subscribed
wollins is online now Find More Posts by wollins
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:24 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,475 Posts
Meng,
I appreciate the fact that you are open to users/community suggestions and request (and rarely argues), like the improvement in your failsafe delay, lately. Maybe the next thing you can improve is the case design of your transmitter modules. One thing, I guess, that you can improve is the antenna placement... it has to be improved in such a way that the connector is properly protected and that the user does not need to remove/install the antenna often during transport inside a transmitter case.

BTW, am I correct to assume that your 6-channel Rx has antenna diversity (2 antennae)?

Thanks,
Rico.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Sep 24, 2007, 03:10 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
I'm not really worried about the TX antenna connector. But dimensions for the 6 channel receivers would be nice, also the weight would be good. And of course the price.

Were all the helicopters flying with your system?
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Sep 24, 2007, 06:18 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,435 Posts
I wonder if Assan uses spherical antenna technology?
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer
Old Sep 24, 2007, 08:03 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPFlyer
I wonder if Assan uses spherical antenna technology?
Hmmm... doesn't the other brand hold the patent to that?
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:18 PM
Happy Flyer
Joined Feb 2006
131 Posts
After reading the manual, I have some questions,

"It is necessary to pare the Rx and RF module before you start. Signal paring means to build up communication between X8F/X8J and X8R/X8Rp receiver in one-to-one or one-to-multiple ways." -> Will your RX pare with another operating Assan TX just a few ten meters away? Or the RX only response to the stronge signal from your TX just within 1-2 meters? If it is not the case, then you still need to check with others who fly near you and defeat the purpose of "auto search".

"More than one Receiver can be pared to one RF module at one time, itís the same when use one transmitter to operate several models." -> What is the real benefit of having to control more than one RX (or model) from one TX? Who can do that? Or is there other applications that I don't know?

Thks
Leo1 is offline Find More Posts by Leo1
Old Sep 25, 2007, 05:34 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo1
After reading the manual, I have some questions,

"More than one Receiver can be pared to one RF module at one time, itís the same when use one transmitter to operate several models." -> What is the real benefit of having to control more than one RX (or model) from one TX? Who can do that? Or is there other applications that I don't know?

Thks
That means that you have multiple receivers, one in each plane. When you select which plane you want to fly, you pick the model memory in your transmitter. The receiver and transmitter will link on start-up. Thus you have multiple receivers that can be used with the same transmitter module.

By the way I think the proper word here is paired, as in two things that have been joined.

Pare is what you do when you cut up vegetables with a paring knife.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Sep 25, 2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 05:48 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Of course you have to wonder if folks with high power/high cost models would use this system rather than one of the more capable and better known alternatives. This one is only claimed to have 500m range in the air, hardly suitable for a 150mph model!
With a 500m, about 1600 feet, rated range, you are talking about the DX6 market. Parkflyers and small helis. This might be planes up to about 60" wing spans. Many slope gliders would probably work too. If the range is longer in the air, testing will have to provide some idea of how far that is, reliably.

At 1600 feet, you would not use it in thermal duration gliders over 60 inches or large planes, both of which can easily be flown beyond that range. And, while we might test one of these to 3000 feet, as has been reported on the DX6, the fact is you don't want to be flying at the very edge of your system's capabilities.

Until we hear of long range tests in the air, I would assume the target market has to be small planes and helis, boats and cars. If they ever get a micro receiver to market, then maybe you can address the hand launched glider and 3D foamy market too.
Last edited by aeajr; Sep 25, 2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 07:21 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,454 Posts
On the United Hobbies web site, they show a video of the binding process using a Futaba 9C. However the compatible systems list does not include the 9C.
http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=5547

Which radio will it work with?
It will work with the following Futaba radios.
7U, 8U, 8J, 9Z, FN and all synthesized variations.
This also works with the Hitec Optic 6FM

BINDING AND PAIRING

I just read through the entire thread again and watched the binding video. I hope there is a difference between the transmitter and receiver establishing communication, which is what I see on the video, and binding. I really hope there is a difference.

Binding should take the UID of the transmitter module and store it in the receiver so the receiver knows which transmitter module to listen to. This should be a one time process that is not easily changed.

If this happens every time the receiver and transmitter are turned on, the the chance of the receiver binding to another X8 module becomes a real concern.

Of course the greater concern is, as discussed earlier, if you were to lose power to the receiver for a fraction of a second, or if the receiver battery were to dip too low for a fraction of a second, the transmitter and receiver would have to bind/pair again. Only this time it would be at great range.

If there were several X8 modules on at the same time, the receiver could easily bind/pair with the wrong transmitter. This could be a disaster! This is a major safety issue.

And let me add my comment on binding time. 5 seconds is forever, even for a slow flyer. Spektrum is catching hell because it takes them 2-3 seconds to recapture the signal. XPS and Futaba claim fractions of a second to reconnect, which is a major safety advantage for them.

If you can tune/adjust this time to relink to under .5 seconds I would strongly suggest you do it. At 60 mph, .5 seconds means the model travels 44 feet totally uncontrolled. Then the pilot has to regain control. That could mean 100-200 feet of travel before the model is truly under pilot command. Even a parkflyer, at 30 mph could be out of control for 100 feet.

If you can make binding/pairing something that is done once and hard to change I strongly suggest you do that too.

Ease of use is one thing, but out of control models would concern me greatly. It would concern me so greatly that I would probably recommend that our club ban the systems from our field. I would not like to see that happen.

I hope you can address these major safety issues.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:55 AM
Happy Flyer
Joined Feb 2006
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
That means that you have multiple receivers, one in each plane. When you select which plane you want to fly, you pick the model memory in your transmitter. The receiver and transmitter will link on start-up. Thus you have multiple receivers that can be used with the same transmitter module.
That means it is the same as in other TX/RX->We always have one TX for many RXs( Now I have 1 DX7 for 3 models in 1 outing), nothing new. So the manual is a little misleading.
Leo1 is offline Find More Posts by Leo1
Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:50 AM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
UPDATE:One time bind

UPDATE:One time bind

hi,guys,

we will update the Bind Process.

One time bind, UIG code.
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:08 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,435 Posts
Now you are talking! Can you bind multiple receivers to one transmitter? or is the GID unique to a tx/rx pair?
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer
Old Sep 28, 2007, 03:28 PM
<- Balsa flies better ->
Gustafs, Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
1,966 Posts
Looking good

Any new thoughts of conversion of the Rolls Royce of radios > Multiplex EVO ?

Peter
wolw is offline Find More Posts by wolw