HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,050 Posts
OK - I just dropped the order. Thanks for the info.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:34 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
23,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhoward1122
Of course, some people might want to be able to buy $20 rx's instead of $99 rx's.
Good point!

Does the standard Futaba 2.4 antenna work with the Assan module or do you have mount and unmount antenna when switching on the 10C?
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:10 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,081 Posts
the module has sticker that say v2.0 and it fits hitec eclipse like a glove (where it did not before) receiver is not v2.0 (but not critical for me at this point) I have 3 receiver (7 channels) and will need to pick up a few more. if things are good, I may eventually convert my evo7 to 2.4 when the proper module comes out.

I have it installed in my slow stick and 3d foamy(hobby loggy yak) and so far so good. I will flight/range test tomorrow. easy binding. easy fail safe (both work well)

I am happy camper.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2008, 06:13 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,373 Posts
Rather than the exposed wire, which is a weak point with the Spektrum add on modules, why not just redesign the case to be more like this...
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:29 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,081 Posts
problem with xps type is that it may get into the metal handle. have to make sure it does not. otherwise, don't mind cable setup on top.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:57 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,081 Posts
ok. I did some flight testing. wind gusting to 15mph left the foamy on the ground, but I did take up my slow stick. (clipped wing) it is my test bed plane. hitec eclipse never felt so connected. I flew it as high as I could see and fairly far (school parking lot, so far is not too far, but I did get lot of altitude) man, not having to mess with frequency is nice. change model, turn on and you are ready. My guess is that binding information is stored on receiver (transmitter id) so that you only need to bind once. tried failsafe and that worked also.

so far so good.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:38 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,373 Posts
That design fits the antenna between the metal handle and the radio case. No problems at all. Same sort of configuration as used in the FASST module, TM14 I believe, and the module the new JR 12X is using.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:43 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2
That design fits the antenna between the metal handle and the radio case. No problems at all. Same sort of configuration as used in the FASST module, TM14 I believe, and the module the new JR 12X is using.
One problem is that the module would be upside down in some cases, like the F module in a Hitec Eclipse. I would rather have modules with a pigtail coming out of the module, creating a low profile so that a Tx tray might be used.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:56 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman
My guess is that binding information is stored on receiver (transmitter id) so that you only need to bind once.
That's correct unless you have mixed use of Rx's of different versions (pre february 08, post february 08, V2).
This is my biggest concern regarding this system at the moment. Having to disconnect channel 1-3 servos and inserting the binding plug when switching models is no good . (Am I the only one having an issue with this?) I will stay with my current version for this reason.

Fred
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:50 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,081 Posts
not sure what you mean. I only bind it once to each receiver to transmitter. once it is bound to a transmitter, I don't have to worry about it again. it stay bound. I went from one model to another without having to rebind. now, if youi have several transmitter, it could be painful.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:12 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,254 Posts
If you later buy V2 Rx's, you will have to rebind every time you switch between current and V2 Rx's. As long as all Rx's are of same version there is no need to rebind when changing Rx's.

Fred
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:29 AM
damn gravity again
trowbridge, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2004
664 Posts
hi all

i hope assan keep making both versions then,
my edf rx are hidden well deep

Dylan
supershuey is offline Find More Posts by supershuey
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:33 AM
damn gravity again
trowbridge, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2004
664 Posts
oops
supershuey is offline Find More Posts by supershuey
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:12 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,081 Posts
now that seems strange as well. if tx data is stored on rx for binding, why would it need to be rebound? if it is the case, that would be painful. hopefully, Assan will make it user friendly. they have so far been responsive to our need. it may be true with v1.0 module and v2.0 rx. I remember reading something about that. I have v2.0 module though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:30 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman
I remember reading something about that. I have v2.0 module though.
February version:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=709

V2:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1183
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1460

Fred