HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2007, 03:17 PM
Joined Jul 2006
299 Posts
Discussion
22" F117 Foamie

Been working on a 22" span F117 foamie. Original plane flew straight & level just awsome... Had to cut the fuselage profile down quite a bit so that it will turn without having to point its nose at the ground and roll it and then pull up.

Motor is a based on a GoBrushless GBv kit with a castiron flux ring, Aluminum end bell, bearing block made from 3.8 brass and a 3/8 ID brass tube solderred on for a motor mont. Motor output averages approx. 35 watts based on 10 minute run time on a 480 mAh 3 cell LiPo.

Leading edge has a slight droop like GPW's Stealth Sport, Just formed it over the round edge of a formica counter top and then taped it with clear packing tape.

Assembly was done with hot glue.

Prop is an old Top Flight 6x4 Nylon.

CG is 12.5" back from where the nose is cut off. I need to try it farther back but it works.

Radio is a Hitec 3 channel as that is the only radio I ave with a mixer on board.

Dashed outlines are the original outline I sued, I cut the Nose off first to make the motor mounr shorter and then cut the fuselage profile down to get it to turn. It has been mentioned numerous times by others here on the Scratchbuilt forums that to much area ahead of the CG makes for problems turning and that was the case here.

I have posted it as letter sized tiled but managed to get 3 pages in as dups.

Pete
kf2qd is offline Find More Posts by kf2qd
Last edited by kf2qd; Aug 04, 2007 at 05:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2009, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2009
56 Posts
many thanks.^^
kid_boy is offline Find More Posts by kid_boy
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
26 Posts
how big is this
kangri is offline Find More Posts by kangri