HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2007, 02:32 AM
Billings, MT
Joined Jan 2007
10 Posts
Discussion
Difference between Hitec Flash 5 and Flash 5 system X

Hi All

I was wondering if those knowledgable in Hitec radios could illuminate my understanding as to the difference between the Hitec Flash 5 and the Flash 5 system X. The reason I'm asking, I had a Flash 5 which got stolen, and just picked up a Flash 5 system off Ebay, but it didn't come with the manual. I have the manual from the 1st one, which states it has a 2-model memory, but from what I've read the system X has a 3 model memory. Is this correct, and are there other differences as well?

Thanks,

John
johngfoster is offline Find More Posts by johngfoster
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2007, 04:04 AM
smoking a buddy box
Brussels
Joined Nov 2002
419 Posts
Hi,

Flash 5X has trim-memory, the 5 not.
Models in Flash 5X doesn' need to be "saved" after reprogramming something.
More models indeed for the 5X.

Perhaps some more features. Altough the most important improvement was the trim-memory, what a PITA after a flight to switch off the Flash5 and then aaaaaargh, trim-memory lost, and next flight start trimming again.

For the manuals of both TX : see list of links in my website :
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of transmitters

Olivier
olivier2 is offline Find More Posts by olivier2
Old Aug 04, 2007, 06:08 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Hitec Flash 4 & 4SX - Hitec Flash 5 & 5SX Manuals & FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngfoster
Hi All I was wondering if those knowledgable in Hitec radios could illuminate my understanding as to the difference between the Hitec Flash 5 and the Flash 5 system X. The reason I'm asking, I had a Flash 5 which got stolen, and just picked up a Flash 5 system off Ebay, but it didn't come with the manual. I have the manual from the 1st one, which states it has a 2-model memory, but from what I've read the system X has a 3 model memory. Is this correct, and are there other differences as well? Thanks,
John
Confirm Olivier's comments and recommend all readers visit his web page
. TX 2 TX = buddy box compatibility problems between different brands of transmitters
which has the best information on linking Transmitters and how the systems operate as well as DIY schematics for buddy box connections.
See also trainer set up notes re Flash 5 at
. Hitec Buddy - Trainer Box compatibility
. Hitec Flash 4/5 Trainer - Update re need if slave early version Flash 4/5 to be powered on.
Direct links to .pdf of manuals:
. Flash 4 & 5 (original version without auto save and only 2 model memory version)
. Flash 4SX & 5SX with auto save and 5 model memory

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Apr 27, 2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: update as old url closed & attach remainder of pdf.