HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2007, 11:04 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,728 Posts
Discussion
Whats the Best Battery I can Get For a Super Cub RTF electric?

hey guys im looking to upgrade my stock battery pack tha came with my Hobbyzone. i dont know pretty much about lipos, but here we go, tell me whats the best option for a battery pack and a charger for my Super Cub cause i want to get more Flight Time than my stock battery pack. wich is the bes i can get or at least give me options with prices and how much will this battery increase my flight time on my super cub.. any suggestions will be great. thanks
BlinkguY is offline Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2007, 11:17 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2006
566 Posts
I can't help you with the charger but in my experience, "cheapbatterypacks.com" is the best source for custom packs. Mike is a very friendly and skilled manufacturer and his packs are the best value known to me. He is in Oregon. Regards, Dave in Seattle
Dave Matison is offline Find More Posts by Dave Matison
Old Aug 03, 2007, 11:28 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,728 Posts
thanks for your help..... ill contact him
Old Aug 03, 2007, 11:31 AM
I think I can glue that..
Paris, Ontario, Canada EH
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
for more power simply step up to the 9.6V pack PKZ1023.

If you want to go Lipo and extend flight times you can probably get a 2s 2100 in there but I dont think the cub has the jumpers to set voltage cutoff for Lipo... (someone else jump in here if I am wrong) which would mean purchasing a separate Low voltage cutoff like the Common Sense Lipo Shield (http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...roducts_id=196 ) so you dont over discharge your pack and destroy it.

Common Sense has a great balance charger and there are lots of batteries and chargers out there at great prices.

If you want to keep it cheap: Venom has a cool little balance charger that does 2s and 3s for about $20 and there are lots of 2100+ 2s Lipos to choose from at reasonable prices. Not sure what the supercub draws but I would imagine you would be fine with a 10 - 15c pack. You may want to have a look in the parkflyers forum at the Supercub thread and see what others are doing.
bob_suruncle is offline Find More Posts by bob_suruncle
Old Aug 03, 2007, 11:38 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Heres that thread on the cub http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659793
Old Aug 03, 2007, 11:42 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,728 Posts
Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 03, 2007, 11:43 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle
I dont think the cub has the jumpers to set voltage cutoff for Lipo... (someone else jump in here if I am wrong)
Checked and it does have the LVC cutoff as per this post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1045
Old Aug 03, 2007, 11:54 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Actually (DUH... I should have realized this...) you can put a 3s lipo in the cub as it is powered by the exact same power system as the parkzone warbirds do.
Old Aug 03, 2007, 12:06 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,728 Posts
so actually theres a jumper for it.... thats great. Bob, basically the only thing i would need will be the 3-cell lipo ?
Old Aug 03, 2007, 12:07 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,728 Posts
I mean, and the charger too, of course.