HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:16 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Goodlettsville, TN
Joined Sep 2006
3,058 Posts
No it isnt, thats the nice thing about spread spectrum. The saturation numbers may be different depending on duty cycle but it would still work the same. Whether its XPS , Spektrum or Futaba, if it doesnt have the correct code its just background noise.

http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm...te_number/1890
chrisf testpilot is offline Find More Posts by chrisf testpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Radi any transmission in the band that is not from the bound Tx is seen at the Rx as an increase in the noise floor. At some point the noise floor will cause packet loss at some range. So far it has not been seen as a practical problem in use at fields with multiple pilots flying various spread spectrum radios at the same time. Yes, the maximum number of each type of system will be reduced by the presence of other transmissions in the band, such as those from other R/C systems, WiFi, video downlinks etc. It is not possible to precisely define the envelope. Lots of testing has been done in terms of the different R/C systems coexisting and no problems have been found. Perhaps you are not aware that Spektrum, Nomadio and Futaba FASST have all been operating in the R/C car area for about two years. They often have 30 to 40 Tx on at the same time in a very small operating area without any problems.
The AMA did a test with a mix of 16 R/C Tx, mostly Spektrum but also XPS, not sure if FASST air-system was available at the time, and no problems were found.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Aug 26, 2007, 07:45 AM
Joined May 2007
119 Posts
Thanks guys! I will study more about this theory.
RadiMani is offline Find More Posts by RadiMani
Old Aug 26, 2007, 06:21 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Jun 2004
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiMani
Thanks guys! I will study more about this theory.
What the heck is the point of all this? Unless you're intent on knowing why the sky is blue, how bout just enjoying the blue sky?
ErichF is offline Find More Posts by ErichF
Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
Slidell, LA, USA
Joined Nov 2002
714 Posts
Because some of us (actually, many) are intent on knowing WHY the sky is blue.

It's usually called being an "Engineer".
woketman is online now Find More Posts by woketman
Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woketman

Well that is one possibility....... to avoid warning points I won't go into some of the others....
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:20 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Jun 2004
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woketman

HAH, well that's why I'm just a technician

I only care THAT it works, not so much WHY it works.
ErichF is offline Find More Posts by ErichF
Closed Thread