HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 03, 2007, 02:23 PM
Joined Nov 2004
117 Posts
He means provide a link to the video in the post so we dont have to go hunt to find it.

I found it but it took a while.
pllove is offline Find More Posts by pllove
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2007, 02:25 PM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
I did and it looks more like a TX issue then a radio link issue. Had a very similar problem on my Futaba 8U (72 mhz) and it turned out to be a frayed wire on the aileron pot.
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Old Aug 03, 2007, 02:29 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustflyer
Unfortunately I'm not sure what you mean by "link the video."

They are very short. All you have to do is go to the RC Groups Video forum and look under "Airplanes-Fuel."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722690

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Aug 03, 2007, 02:45 PM
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Apr 2004
122 Posts
I've flown my XPS system at the field referred to in the 1st post (Apollo 11 in Van Nuys) on a number of occasions without any issues. Ok, my landing gear fell completely off once, but I can't blame XPS for _that_ can I?
JimCob is offline Find More Posts by JimCob
Old Aug 03, 2007, 03:39 PM
Joined Jan 2007
651 Posts
I flew at the field in 82 to 95 and there was no more interferance than any other place I fly at.
It is the only field I have flown at that you can have 16+ flyers at a time. 6-10 normal then.
Midairs common when over ~10+ flyers. When low flyer count never had a problem other than the time some @$$hole had a home made pocket transmitter he would hit while you were flying, then he would go over and say what happened (interferance??) We found who he was. He loved to see others go in.

My radio hits back then were a result of BRAIN FARTS and beginning flyer syndrom, once better seasoned, the hits went away.
kilwein is offline Find More Posts by kilwein
Old Aug 03, 2007, 04:04 PM
No agendas
Abington, Pa
Joined May 2007
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilwein
some @$$hole had a home made pocket transmitter he would hit while you were flying, then he would go over and say what happened (interferance??) We found who he was. He loved to see others go in.

Makes me wonder if that same guy is at it with a high-powered 2.4ghz transmitter.

I have had some suspicions of intentional interference on 72mhz at my field. Only a matter of time before someone figures out how to blank out the whole 2.4ghz band as well.
Dustflyer is offline Find More Posts by Dustflyer
Old Aug 03, 2007, 08:16 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustflyer
I believe the simple bottom line is that no radio link is perfect; 2.4ghz is no exception, no panacea.

XPS, quite simply, works for some and not for others. Works in some areas and not others. It is NOT a bulletproof radio link, I don't care WHAT anyone says. Too many experienced modelers have had problems with it.
Really? Like who? Don Lowe? Bruce Hanson? Nick Ziroli? Mark Leesberg? Andrew Jesky? Danny Szabo? Those are a few who have flown with our system and had only great things to say about it.

Radios in general could be said to work for some and not for others. I am quite certain that the number of system sold vs. crash/problem ratio is lower than anyone else's system. We have a better system. I only wish it would hold people's hands during an install.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2007, 08:45 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Goodlettsville, TN
Joined Sep 2006
3,058 Posts
Or do their preflight checks for them
chrisf testpilot is offline Find More Posts by chrisf testpilot
Old Aug 03, 2007, 10:06 PM
Joined Nov 2004
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The system was not banned by the AMA for this event, and the people running this event refuse to respond to our emails. What does that tell you?

The level of spamming going on behind the scenes that you guys don't see is amazing! We must be really ticking off the competition for them to stoop to this level.

This field is very well known for having lockouts on all frequencies. It sits nearby a major airport (FAA ceiling in effect) having a lot of high powered RF transmitters. We have had people on all frequencies report to us since this "ban" that they have crashed their 40MHz, 72MHz, Spektrum, and FASST systems there. These also work there, along with ours.

There is actually only ONE crash in that RCU thread. The other report was from Joe Kelley who admittedly thought he had a problem so he turned off his turbine, and he pulled up his landing gear, and he landed the plane on its belly. That same airframe is still flying today. The other person reported a momentary lockout that resulted in no problem with landing. Those are the facts. I asked Steve Kaluf for the AMA to investigate this field and whether it is safe to fly there due to the number of unexplained crashes that occur there.

Jim you may want to jump over to RCU and post a rebutal. Their posting that they have contacted you and invited you out there with now response.

You may want to post some of those reports about the other systems on that thread.

I hate to see XPS get a bad reputation, exspecially without any proof.
pllove is offline Find More Posts by pllove
Old Aug 04, 2007, 12:18 AM
Suspended Account
FREE Gene!!! Get Banned!!!
Joined Jun 2005
1,679 Posts
Sounds to me like the Troglodite Geezer Society runs things at "The Basin"?

(Eh, what did'ja say sonneyboy???..........yell in my good ear will'ya.........well that's NOT how we did it at the NATS in 1937.............good boy, stay wayyyy away from us REAL R/C PILOTS )

Everywhere has them - Unfortunately (reference to Canine ancestry & motherhood & apple pie)
-Mike
Speed is Life is offline Find More Posts by Speed is Life
Old Aug 04, 2007, 09:51 AM
MachBuster
Fort Washington, MD
Joined Feb 2005
213 Posts
You won't walk up to a senior and say that to his face because you are a coward who revels in hiding behind the security of the 'net. With an attitude like yours you probably won't live to enjoy your senior years and that pleases me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed is Life
Sounds to me like the Troglodite Geezer Society runs things at "The Basin"?

(Eh, what did'ja say sonneyboy???..........yell in my good ear will'ya.........well that's NOT how we did it at the NATS in 1937.............good boy, stay wayyyy away from us REAL R/C PILOTS )

Everywhere has them - Unfortunately (reference to Canine ancestry & motherhood & apple pie)
-Mike
EdForsythe is offline Find More Posts by EdForsythe
Old Aug 04, 2007, 01:10 PM
Suspended Account
FREE Gene!!! Get Banned!!!
Joined Jun 2005
1,679 Posts
Au Contraire "Mr. Ed" (yea, I watched that program as a kid).
3 things I'm NOT:
1) Coward
2) Fool
3) & especially - Blow-Hard

I'm well past the age to join AARP, however I will not become what a lot of people have, ie; "Grumpy Old Men" (yea, saw those movies too).
In my book being a "senior" doesn't give someone automatic immunity or a right to be an arrogant nitwit. The "Basin" Club have handled this XPS issue badly and, IMO, a fashion typical to a certain mindset.

Too bad that you are "pleased" at the idea that somebody would not live long. Sad.....

Know what? I've really "MachBusted" maybe you really have? Certainly better than just having busted a few veins in my forehead!

-Mike

Oh yea, and "the Net" Hmmmm? Works for you just like it does for me.
Speed is Life is offline Find More Posts by Speed is Life
Last edited by Speed is Life; Aug 04, 2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 01:38 PM
Anchorage, Alaska
Joined Sep 2006
46 Posts
I also have been a member of AARP for quite a few years and I totally agree with "Speed is Life". I took his original post as an attack on an old age ATTITUDE; not really meant slight senior citizens themselves.

I am also of the opinion that the Basin flyers are handling this situation in a manner that will only garner negative results.
rjbob is offline Find More Posts by rjbob
Old Aug 04, 2007, 03:32 PM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jun 2003
99 Posts
fast take radio you have send it to futaba or radio south in Pensacola

Dustflyer and all
be for you cut down xps and jim system have your radio ck out
you can send to futaba or radio south
in Pensacola Fl.
an to Dustflyer i thank i seen you on RCU saying how much like xps
now your on here try cut it down give it a litte time.
lot of xps is be use to day + jr/ futaba 2.4
at end of this yr 2007. thank all of us will know if
2.4 is going work for me thank it will be new system
soon for all i sure some of you going kept old 72mhz

i had a t6xh heli futaba radio in my 30 size helicopter yr 2001
i take off and was in hover for round 10 min in flight work 100%.
be for new what happen, i came in to land i pull down thro and pitch
it went back up and down. so land it fast, ok at was just hit all good
stop useing radio for had got new one jr system and new helicopter
so bother law was geting end to hobby so said i have futaba radio and receiver an helicopter rtf for sale. so sold it to for 325.00
told him we need have ck out at radio south run round 35 dollar at time
so no he say last just use it like it is i need money for a rate gyro. for i kept gyro put in my new heli i had. so said ok few it few time and all work good. he got where he could hover real good. so i walk off and let him have it. be for new he was asking me to help get it down, so run back take radio landing it he said at it going buy new radio.
so he did 7 chp futaba helicopter system. so we stop useing at radio
for fly or helicopters. so we use it as a simalater radio for computer system
so take old radio t6xh futaba hook it too my sim. i was flying afpd
so it did same thing on sim i now now it was my radio tx

i have install xps in my litte 8 QWW helicopter ep pro all carbon
on jr8103 system 8ch. i let know how it all trun out.
thak jim for good item kept good work up. i got system from guy
on rcu site it new have be upgrade to new antenna do have a bill sale
i hop you will back it up if i need it repair ck out.
i try help all i can for you. i was fly back in 1980 planes an helicopters i got out of hobby 1984 and came back in in 2000. so hop kept going few yr more
i now 50yr old.
thanks
heli46
heli46 is offline Find More Posts by heli46
Old Aug 04, 2007, 04:18 PM
CA
Joined Feb 2004
440 Posts
Ed,
Take your foot out of your mouth and say something.
Bob (another senior)
canavanbob is offline Find More Posts by canavanbob
Closed Thread