HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2007, 01:58 PM
Joined Jun 2007
5 Posts
Discussion
Tx USB cable for simulator

I have Esky TX for a Honey Bee. I would like to know if I can either make the connecting USB cable or buy one so I use the simulator.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
heliw2b is offline Find More Posts by heliw2b
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2007, 02:06 PM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
Check the FMS website forum or search on Google.com
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA
Old Aug 02, 2007, 04:50 PM
Long Island
Joined Jul 2007
78 Posts
You can get the cable on eBay, its like $10. There are different cables for 4ch and 6ch TX's. I have the cable for my 4ch TX and I can't get it to work with FMS even with PPJoy installed.
ejscarfo is offline Find More Posts by ejscarfo
Old Aug 02, 2007, 05:21 PM
Joined May 2007
90 Posts
Esky does have a cable that is only used with the 4ch tx's that will not work with the 6ch.

So watch out for what you are ordering and make sure it will work with your tx.
dBuster2007 is offline Find More Posts by dBuster2007
Old Aug 05, 2007, 01:05 AM
Free Falling
Montana
Joined Jul 2007
33 Posts
6 CH Cord HELP

i can't seen to find a cord for a 6 ch e sky hbk 2 tx. anyone know where to find one?, i really don't want to solder one together, and i need the sim. ex
longerino is offline Find More Posts by longerino
Old Aug 05, 2007, 10:37 PM
Joined May 2007
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by longerino
i can't seen to find a cord for a 6 ch e sky hbk 2 tx. anyone know where to find one?, i really don't want to solder one together, and i need the sim. ex
I am in the same boat or heli on this one. I have another thread in which I too am searching for a cable for my HBKV2 tx... Everything I have found is for the 4ch and not the 6ch Esky tx... So frustrating..
Old Aug 06, 2007, 12:49 AM
Maybe some day.
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jul 2007
16 Posts
My Esky 0406A transmitter works with the USB cable from Helidirect, but maybe it's because I'm using a Mac and "RC Helicopter Simulator" software.
Idle Up is offline Find More Posts by Idle Up
Old Aug 06, 2007, 02:36 AM
Maybe some day.
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jul 2007
16 Posts
I just tested it with Win2000 and FMS and it worked also.
Old Aug 06, 2007, 06:24 AM
Joined May 2007
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Up
I just tested it with Win2000 and FMS and it worked also.
So this is the cable from helidirect? And all 6 channels are registered on the pc?

From what I was reading the problems stemmed from the idleup control on the tx that was not recognized with the standard cable.

I will check out helidirect...

Would your cable happen to be the USB SIMULATOR CABLES SET FMS 7.0 ?
Old Aug 06, 2007, 10:15 AM
Maybe some day.
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jul 2007
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBuster2007
So this is the cable from helidirect? And all 6 channels are registered on the pc?

From what I was reading the problems stemmed from the idleup control on the tx that was not recognized with the standard cable.

I will check out helidirect...

Would your cable happen to be the USB SIMULATOR CABLES SET FMS 7.0 ?
That's the one.
I also have the 4 ch Esky sim controller because I was told the cable in the trainer port wouldn't work. It at least works in 4 ch mode, but I haven't tried using 6 yet.
Old Aug 06, 2007, 11:20 PM
Joined May 2007
90 Posts
Quote:
That's the one.
I also have the 4 ch Esky sim controller because I was told the cable in the trainer port wouldn't work. It at least works in 4 ch mode, but I haven't tried using 6 yet.
What chances are there of you trying it in 6 channel mode? Really curious as to whether or not it will work in 6 channel mode. At least does the pc recognize any channels greater than 4?? That might be a help.
Old Aug 06, 2007, 11:41 PM
Regular
P-ville TX
Joined May 2007
424 Posts
Quote:
That's the one.
I have this same thing. With FMS and ClearView RC, Very poor response using the E-Sky 6 Channel Tx. Mixing is the problem I believe. Calibrating channels, yada yada. Still barely functions at at all. I just gave up.
ScottGTO is offline Find More Posts by ScottGTO
Old Aug 07, 2007, 06:33 AM
Joined May 2007
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGTO
I have this same thing. With FMS and ClearView RC, Very poor response using the E-Sky 6 Channel Tx. Mixing is the problem I believe. Calibrating channels, yada yada. Still barely functions at at all. I just gave up.
So then those of us with the HB KingV2 6 channel TX are still without a good option for a cable set that can handle the CCPM... If we wanted to sim 4ch only then we are set, but the 6ch we are out of luck..

Anyone know try to mod anything for this to function? Or do we need to buy the expensive sims with their cables to get the 6ch to work properly...
Old Aug 07, 2007, 09:11 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,031 Posts
it works.
i fly my fms sim with the stock king tx and this esky usb cable.
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Aug 07, 2007, 10:37 AM
Joined Apr 2007
42 Posts
So will the "USB SIMULATOR CABLES SET FMS 7.0" from HeliDirect work with HoneyBee FP's 0404A TX specificially?

Does it require extra software to work? Just wondering if this is just like SmartPropoPlus where the decoding takes place in the PC. I couldn't get that to work with Vista.
furai is offline Find More Posts by furai