HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 02, 2007, 11:53 AM
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
Discussion
free DAS BIPE STIK PLANS (full size!)

I thought that would get everyones attention, yes i will email you, gladly the plans for this model, however i would like to recieve plans in return, especially edf jets and old warbirds, i would like to try and start a website full of free, high quality plans. if you dont have any plans, but would still like the das bipe stik plans i can do that too, i also have instructions if you need them as well as .25 bipe stik plans by Andrew Donatelli, which are awesome. thank you for all your help, i believe in Opensource software and File sharing.

814ck73425@gmail.com
74k3n is offline Find More Posts by 74k3n
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2007, 12:13 PM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74k3n
i believe in Opensource software and File sharing.

814ck73425@gmail.com
Open source software is fine in the public domain.
File sharing could be subject to proprietary rights.

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Old Aug 02, 2007, 01:40 PM
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
what i said still stands, just let me know if any of you want a copy and ill email it right away. and email me any plans that you may have.
thank you.
Old Aug 02, 2007, 03:02 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Mar 2006
864 Posts
Do you have the rights to distribute this plan?
drfish is offline Find More Posts by drfish
Old Aug 02, 2007, 03:36 PM
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
legally since im not selling the planes even if the copyright is still current i have the rights to distribute the file as long as i dont claim it to be my own (which i dont, i didnt design or engineer this plane) and i collect no payment for its distribution, im not in the wrong as seen by recent court cases involving file sharing. regardless, im trying to make a plane that is not made anymore easy to build and fly, im not here to get into a legal discussion on the matter. they are MY files which i got from a friend FOR FREE and you can have them FOR FREE. thats the end of it.
Last edited by 74k3n; Aug 02, 2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old Aug 03, 2007, 12:30 AM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Mar 2006
864 Posts
You are incorrect. making a copy and giving it away is just as illegal as making a copy and selling. Unless you are offering to give away your original copy, and not keep any copies for yourself, you are violating any copyright on the document.

it does not require charging a fee to make it a crime. I can guarantee if I found you distributing any of my files that I had not put in public domain or under a license that allowed free sharing, we would end up in court, and I would win. Every copy you give away free without permission is copyright violation and theft.
drfish is offline Find More Posts by drfish
Old Aug 03, 2007, 05:50 AM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfish
You are incorrect. making a copy and giving it away is just as illegal as making a copy and selling. Unless you are offering to give away your original copy, and not keep any copies for yourself, you are violating any copyright on the document.

it does not require charging a fee to make it a crime. I can guarantee if I found you distributing any of my files that I had not put in public domain or under a license that allowed free sharing, we would end up in court, and I would win. Every copy you give away free without permission is copyright violation and theft.
You are absoluely correct.
It is theft from possible revenue that the legal owner may wish to get for his work and propietary value.

He may end up learning the hard way.

Dennis157, now is time to post some valuable comments for a change.

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Old Aug 03, 2007, 12:12 PM
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
tell that to all the people who are going through court right now and winning case after case, by the way i email midwest and they said that it was fine. also you cant buy these plans anymore, go ahead try and buy some, believe me i looked and the kit that i own was paid for.
Last edited by 74k3n; Aug 03, 2007 at 12:19 PM.
Closed Thread