Thank's for the advice problem solved.
silverarrow25 is offline Find More Posts by silverarrow25
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:22 PM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,510 Posts
It looks like you are using the stock nose gear. Many people have reported that it will fail with very little abuse. You should consider something like this to replace it.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...161.5172.0.0.0

It's less than $6 US plus shipping. That is what I'm putting on mine instead of the $60 Robart strut.
SteveC68 is offline Find More Posts by SteveC68
Old Jul 18, 2009, 08:00 AM
Romania
Joined Jul 2009
36 Posts
I will buy something like this http://sierra.ro/Jamba-anterioara-cu...-mm-p117p.html or that http://sierra.ro/Jamba-anterioara-cu...-mm-p116p.html .
And by the way this is the website from where I bought my Cessna. It's from Romania the country where everything is much more EXPENSIVE . I payd for the airplane about 240$, the motor was 80$, esc was 100$ and the lipo battery send me back 175$ and it is just 4s. When I look at this http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9365 I dream to move in USA .
Last edited by silverarrow25; Jul 18, 2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2009, 08:06 PM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,510 Posts
Finally finished building and painting a new fireplace surround for the wife so now it's back to the Cessna. Today I got the servos installed in the wings and all that's left is to install the linkage. I didn't use the stock clevis but instead used some Great Planes nylon clevis that come with the fuel tubing locks. I installed these on the servo and the aileron and flap control horns and will connect them with threaded rod. I've been trying to figure out how to do a battery hatch so I don't have to remove the wing to change the battery and I think I've come up with my solution. Basically I'm going to cut out the recess that is molded into the fuselage for the gas engine exhaust. This will allow me to access to the area just aft of the firewall. I'll build a ply battery box that runs diagonal across the firewall. Then I'll use a piece of white sheet styrene as a hatch door. Here is a pic that I photo shopped to show where the battery will go. I think this will also help with the CG issue so I hopefully wont have to add that much weight.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:40 AM
Romania
Joined Jul 2009
36 Posts
Nice idea, and good luck
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:54 PM
Fleming Island, Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2006
99 Posts
CMPro RENAMING THE CESSNA 182's

Hey Guys, I have been watching this thread for some time and had already ordered the 65 inch 182 and was going to order the 81 inch just before CMP took them off the market (never did get to order one) but anyway I just looked at the CMP website today and they are renaming the Cessna 182's to the CMP SKY 182. Cessna must have gone after them for copyright and patent infringement, but hopefully the newly renamed planes will be back on the market soon so that I can order the larger one.

Greg
tonto458 is offline Find More Posts by tonto458
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:50 PM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,510 Posts
Can this plane do mild aerobatics? Gentle loops and rolls maybe? I'm inching ever closer to completion.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:03 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
United States, OR, Foster
Joined Mar 2007
939 Posts
Yeah, any Cessna will be able to do loops, rolls, snap rolls, inverted flight. my Cessna is still sitting in the box waiting for it chance on the building table.
BennettOZ84 is offline Find More Posts by BennettOZ84
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:55 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5 Posts
New CMP Cessna 182 50 Size Maiden Flight !!!

I have just bought the 182 from Nitro Planes. CMP must have changed the front gear wire. I can't bend it with my bear hands, pretty tough. I have version 2 of the CMP 182 50.
rlafolle is offline Find More Posts by rlafolle
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:07 AM
Sleep, Fly, Eat, Fly, Build
USA, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Jun 2009
275 Posts
I just ordered my 182 from nitroplanes... Thank you to TRACON for starting this thread and the others along the way who have chimed in. It was a great read. My only question at this point is, what is the biggest motor I can run in this thing without having to mod the motor mount. I prefer E-Flight motors and was hoping to run the Power 60. I see someone was running a Power 46. I will be using 4000 5s batts 30c with an 80amp esc. Thank you in advance.
viperjody is offline Find More Posts by viperjody
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:43 AM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
You have to mod the motor mount anyway, or build one from scratch. So, if it will fit in the cowl, you're sweet. A Hyperion Z40 has very little clearance, if that helps.
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:51 AM
USA, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Jun 2009
275 Posts
Thank you. Does anyone have a copy of the manual they can email me? The link provided earlier is not working. thanks.. jclewis19@comcast.net
Old Oct 26, 2009, 01:04 AM
USA, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Jun 2009
275 Posts
also, can someone tell me a good hardware shopping list. I.e, what size hinges from Robarts, etc.... thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 03:36 PM
USA, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Jun 2009
275 Posts
anyone?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,510 Posts
I used the hinges provided in the kit as did Tracon if I remember correctly. I also bought a new spring front landing gear from Du-Bro, some foam tires for the mains and a rubber tire for the front, I did end up replacing many of the T-nuts and screws and washers with non metric Du-Bro products. I used the stock wood motor mount but I did add some glue to it as it looked a little weak. Not sure if you can use the stock mount with the E-Flight motor, but it worked with only a very slight mod with my Turnigy SK motor. I had to remove about 3mm or so from the back of the mount. Careful if you do that as it has some down thrust built in. I still haven't flown mine though as I've been on travel and doing a lot of family time.