HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2007, 02:02 AM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,749 Posts
Hi Guys,

I was out again today and got another flight on my Cessna.

Everything is working great, I finally got an exact weight by putting it on my digital scale.

I don't want to scare anyone but my actual AUW "All Up Weight" is a whopping 9 Lbs 9 oz's !!!

Yikes, that's 9 oz's heavier than I thought !

Still flies like a dream though !

Just a little note to let you guys know that Nitro Models has this plane back instock.

I ordered another one as a backup or for spare parts.

All the best,

Sam

Here's a few pictures from a Fly-In a couple of weeks ago:

Tracon is offline Find More Posts by Tracon
Last edited by Tracon; Aug 30, 2007 at 02:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Tracon,

Please accept the following as being is jest.

I thought the plane was real, that was until you put yourself in the picture and everyone saw how small the plane really was. They are probably thinking, my goodness, it's just a model.

You're a good looking guy, but, I suggest that you upload pictures of yourself without the plane..maybe insert an girlfriend or something...I, for one, would really like to keep on thinking that the plane was full scale......It is that good....if you know what I mean.

Al
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:32 AM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,749 Posts
Haaha too funny Al !

Glad you like it...you gotta get one !

Sam
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:49 AM
Buckley wa
Joined Mar 2005
986 Posts
Al

Your Nuts.....Love your sense of humor...LOL
mediq is offline Find More Posts by mediq
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:44 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Tracon,

Ya know, you and Freddie (Coastwatcher) are really making me sick. Here I was sitting and thinking "boy, I can really knock these kits out and make them look OK in the process" then you guys come along and burst my bubble.

You take a inexpensive ARF, do some mods, convert it to electric, and make the darn thing look like it just came off the Cessna production line. I can't do that, I wouldn't know where to start. I have seen many a Cessna in my day, but, I don't remember what one looked like when brand new and I couldn't even think of what mods would need to be done to make it look scale. Heck, all I remember is that I'd better re-do the front seats or the thing will not bring a good price when it's up for sale. LOL

Now Freddie (Coastwatcher) Freddie takes a problem ARF warbird kit, works on the darn thing for months to make it right, does the mods to make it more scale, paints a polished aluminum spinner, teaches the people at Lowes how to match colors, then even gets a pilot figure that looks like he is doing a pre-flight inspection before taking it on the mission.

WHAT'S NEXT? I'M SPEECHLESS.

I throw away a P-38 kit that needs some work to fix the engineering defects and think I did the right thing.....dah...I might have allot to learn.

Al
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
Waco, TX
Joined Jan 2004
3,884 Posts
Love the plane...details they provide in the kit is amazing. I had one of the earlier cloned "CMP" versions that is available just about every where else but it crashed on takeoff due to the CG being wrong. The weight kind of scares me honestly and I am debating trying another one but would like to fly it on a 4 or 5s system. I might try even moving the servos further forward if possible but am not sure how much weight could be saved and still make CG.
papasmurf is offline Find More Posts by papasmurf
Old Aug 30, 2007, 01:45 PM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,749 Posts
Deleted..
Last edited by Tracon; Sep 05, 2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 02:26 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Tracon,

Check out post 33. It's a Goldberg Cub on Goldberg 36 inch floats, it's ready to go this weekend with an onboard camera.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=731569&page=3

Al
Old Aug 30, 2007, 06:36 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
Tracon, where did you put the CG on the Cessna? It'd be great if you could measure in metric too, saves me getting the conversion wrong...
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor
Old Aug 31, 2007, 01:19 AM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,749 Posts
To play it safe I went with the furthest forward 65 mm..

I added 6 oz of lead don't forget...
Old Sep 01, 2007, 07:19 PM
Joined Jul 2007
65 Posts
Hi Tracon (and all)

Seriously considering a UK conversion of the CM Pro to EP and reading this with interest!

Which Robart strut have you upgraded to...the C182HA9? Thought this was for 90 size? Whatever it is, looks nice scale on ur model

Would you be willing to lend a helping hand during my build if I went ahead....this will only be my 3rd build of an ARTF!

EDIT>>>>Doh! Just noticed the C182HA9 is for the larger Hanger 9 version....so question still stands....whichs strut did you use for this bird?

Cheers

Steve
stranex is offline Find More Posts by stranex
Last edited by stranex; Sep 01, 2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2007, 08:17 PM
One cell short of a Pack
Good ole Smithsburg, MD
Joined Mar 2007
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranex
EDIT>>>>Doh! Just noticed the C182HA9 is for the larger Hanger 9 version....so question still stands....whichs strut did you use for this bird?

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACON
Hi Guys,

Finally got a chance to get out tonight to try out my new Robart 654 Nose Strut...

This thing is GREAT !!!
Post # 5 at the top.

Cheers,
(the other) Steve
steve1814 is offline Find More Posts by steve1814
Old Sep 03, 2007, 09:46 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jun 2006
274 Posts
I have this kit and hoping the flaps will really slow it up, especially on landings - the flaps is the main reason why i got it.

I too will use the robart nose strut because i find the struts are amazing. I have them on my TopFlite Cessna 310 as part of the retract gear and ground handling and landings always astound me.
m898 is offline Find More Posts by m898
Old Sep 03, 2007, 10:12 PM
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Joined Jul 2007
228 Posts
my god who makes that its perfect i want one. ive got the TF skylane that will be elect soon!
timothy thompson is offline Find More Posts by timothy thompson
Old Sep 03, 2007, 10:15 PM
Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Joined Jul 2007
228 Posts
found the sitE! less thAN 150.0O WOW!
timothy thompson is offline Find More Posts by timothy thompson