HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2008, 05:42 AM
Silent but deadly
Cataula, Ga
Joined Mar 2005
798 Posts
My cowl was the same way. I went to the ole hobby store and bought some Tamaya Red, White, and Black spray paint.

Looks straight now. hehe
CRASH_Jim is offline Find More Posts by CRASH_Jim
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2008, 09:44 PM
EA OUTLAWS
Polk City Florida
Joined Jun 2008
491 Posts
Well my Cessna has arrived and it is as nice as all of you guys decribed it to be and more. Can't wait to build it but have three in line to build first before this one. Just could not resist buying the plane now for $99.00 and free shipping what a steal. This is one beauitful plane. And the stripes on my cowl are fine
EAO HarleyMan is offline Find More Posts by EAO HarleyMan
Last edited by EAO HarleyMan; Sep 12, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 01:55 PM
It's me Glacier Girl
Joined Aug 2004
868 Posts
SB, be aware if they do send you a replacement cowl, it may be a blank one.

I had the 120 Corsair, that had the cowl replaced by NitroPlanes (same people), and it didn't come with the decals that the original ones had. Just a cowl, and even though it was painted, guess what? The two tone wasn't even close, on lining up on the fuselage colors, or even the same shades of colors.

I ended up repairing the original cowl.

Sam, before I forget, I've been lurking and watching as I have mine still in the box.
Very nice work. And I've been building a cheat sheet from what you've found and done, for when I start mine. Thanks for paving the way.
SHELBY1 is offline Find More Posts by SHELBY1
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:01 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,672 Posts
Thanks for posting guys, I am trying to contact raidentech through RCU, Nitroplanes has a support forum there, and I believe they are the same company ??
ScaleBrad is offline Find More Posts by ScaleBrad
Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:21 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
So, mine had a little argument with a post last weekend, and the left wing is badly damaged. I could rebuild it, but... has anyone got a damaged Cessna with an intact left wing and maybe the center section?
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor
Old Nov 02, 2008, 05:08 PM
Joined Oct 2008
34 Posts
Hi to all of you.

I just have ordered my cessna and i hope it will come in few days.
Thank you Sam for starting this thread, because your pictures are to "blame" for spending my money on this plane. In Europe it cost lot more (190$).
I am wondering if Mike has finished his model because I wont to put same motor in it:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4907
and i am interested if it is enough power for that model.
Also, can someone tell me which kind of propeller is good whit this motor and what time of flight should I expect with KOKAM lipo batteries 6s 3700 mah, and that motor.
misha034 is offline Find More Posts by misha034
Old Nov 02, 2008, 06:19 PM
"NAVY CHIEFS"
NAF Atsugi, Japan
Joined Jul 2005
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misha034
I am wondering if Mike has finished his model because I wont to put same motor in it:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4907
and i am interested if it is enough power for that model.
I think your talking about me? I finished the plane but never had the time to fly it. I'm in the US Navy and I'm out to sea at this current time. I will not be home untill December. I have done a taxi test and a High speed run with it. The motor has plenty of power maybe to much! I'm spinning a 16x8 prop I think. It has been sometime since I've seen it and I don't have my log book with me. I'm also using a 6s2p A123's setup. Don't fear your plane will have allot of power for the job.

Mike
rc_man1 is offline Find More Posts by rc_man1
Old Nov 03, 2008, 09:24 AM
Joined Oct 2008
34 Posts
i hope so but i am interested about flying time with that setup because i have to know how many batteries do I need for flying day, because nearest place for my flying is some 60km away, and it is long way for short flight.
best regards and nice weather on the sea.
misha034 is offline Find More Posts by misha034
Old Nov 03, 2008, 10:04 PM
Elephant Field Flyer
Virginia Beach
Joined May 2005
211 Posts
It Flys!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post10871857

I build it....I flew it....I sold it

A great looking plane and all but it was too much for me to really enjoy at our small field. I had to borrow the battery I used because my 4s3850 was only putting out 675watts.
Jerry,(the new owner) was going to put a 4 stroke in it but after seeing it fly decided to keep it electric.
WetBee is offline Find More Posts by WetBee
Old Nov 04, 2008, 08:40 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,829 Posts
guys, nitroplanes no longer carries this baby...who does? sure looks like a sweetie!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Nov 04, 2008, 08:52 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,672 Posts
raidentech carries it...

same people

Do a google search for a free shipping coupon too
ScaleBrad is offline Find More Posts by ScaleBrad
Old Nov 08, 2008, 07:09 PM
Ohio
Joined Sep 2007
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleBrad
raidentech carries it...

same people

Do a google search for a free shipping coupon too
I'm trying to get my hands on this plane, too, but Nitroplanes doesn't have it anymore, Raidentech is out of stock and everybody else is too expensive. How long does it take Raidentech to get 'em back in, and how do I get a free shipping coupon?
Wingdinger2 is offline Find More Posts by Wingdinger2
Old Nov 08, 2008, 07:45 PM
Noblesville, IN
Joined Mar 2008
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingdinger2
... and how do I get a free shipping coupon?
Well... you quoted the post above yours that suggests doing a Google search for it. I did that for you and found this: http://www.happycoupons.com/coupons/raidentech/

Or more specifically... this info:
------
Expires: Unknown Added: 07/17/2006
Discount: Shipping Minimum Purchase: $50
Coupon: CJFREESHIPPING

Get Free Ground Shipping on orders of $50 or more with coupon code CJFREESHIPPING.
------

Hope this helps.
NFANut is offline Find More Posts by NFANut
Old Nov 08, 2008, 10:44 PM
Castle Rock, Washington
Joined Jul 2002
172 Posts
First Flights

I got mine test flown October 30th, just before the rain set in. Flew it 3 times and am very happy with it. It has an Atlas 2927 09 with a 11 x 8.5 APC on 4S2P A123 cells. I got 479 watts on my Wattmeter with this setup. The first time I set it on its wheels the tail promptly hit the ground. I went in and cut two hole the batteries would pass through in the firewall on each side of the motor mount. Now the batteries are right behind the cowl air intakes. Being semi permanent, I remove the wing to charge them. It loops and rolls fine from level flight and was off the grass in about 150 feet.

Alan
cobra72 is offline Find More Posts by cobra72
Old Nov 29, 2008, 04:59 PM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,685 Posts
Raidentech is out of stock and NitroPlanes does not appear to carry them anymore. Any other suggestions?
yarsmythejr is offline Find More Posts by yarsmythejr