Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:06 PM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,745 Posts
Looking good guys,

Hi Everyone,

I heard over the years that there have been some issues about Cessna wanting a cut or exclusive rights to companies modeling or using their name in any way or form...

A few weeks ago Nitroplanes had a sale on for their 50 size Cessna 182 at a blow out sale price of $99.00 and now anything to do with any of their Cessna models are not on their site for sale anywhere ???

Does anyone know if this has anything to do with Cessna giving them heat for selling the model or name on CMP's Cessna's ???

Any info would be great...

Thanks,

Sam
Tracon is offline Find More Posts by Tracon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:14 PM
"NAVY CHIEFS"
NAF Atsugi, Japan
Joined Jul 2005
628 Posts
I was woundering the same thing? I'm not sure what is going but when I did a seach for some more no Love.

Mike
rc_man1 is offline Find More Posts by rc_man1
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:29 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
When I took my kit to show off at our club meeting the guys were wondering how they got away with using the Cessna logo. I'll bet Cessna did go after them looking for royalties. Didn't Lockheed go after GWS when they were getting ready to release the "Cargo Trans" (C-130)?

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:14 PM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,745 Posts
Euan,

Anymore pictures of your float version cessna ????

How about some in flight shots ???

Thanks,

Sam
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:43 PM
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
517 Posts
cmpro Cessna on floats

Sam,
I have a video that we made yesterday ,problem is i have tried to download it here on the forum but it just will not work.I can e mail it to you as an attachment if you want,i used windows movie maker ,any ideas how to upload it?.
cheers Euan.
egall232 is offline Find More Posts by egall232
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:57 PM
Silent but deadly
Cataula, Ga
Joined Mar 2005
799 Posts
You could upload it to youtube.com and then paste the link to the video here. That's what I did.
CRASH_Jim is offline Find More Posts by CRASH_Jim
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:05 AM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,745 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Here's Euan's video !!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=1980065

Sam
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:04 AM
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
517 Posts
cmpro Cessna on floats

Sam,
Thanks for putting the video on the net,I had a great day out at a larger lake ,wind was gusting at 20 mph but the cessna flew fine ,it does however weathercock alot more with the floats fitted.
thanks again Euan.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:32 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Euan:

Nice video, I love your plane, however, have a few questions.

1. Did the plane ever land, the landing wasn't in the video?
2. That isn't a bottle of glow fuel sitting on the ground, is it? (it's not needed for electric flight)
3. Do you make your son swim out to retrieve the plane if it stalls out in the middle of the lake?

I'm razzing you Euan, only kidding.

Al
SCALEFAN is online now Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:24 PM
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
517 Posts
cmpro Cessna on floats etc/electric of course

Al,
Glad you liked the video,i do have several landings <not all good ones on tape> but i had to shorten the video for Sam,yes a small child is an ideal model retrieval tool and the bottle of evil glow fuel is a bribe for my son for use in his airboat,
cheers Euan.
electric models never stall?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 09:18 PM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,745 Posts
Euan,

Awesome stuff man !!!

Keep it flyin !!!

Thanks,

Sam
Old Jul 26, 2008, 03:39 AM
Fairfield, CA
Joined Apr 2002
1,513 Posts
Hi Guys...well I can say this plane has to be flown gingerly due to the high wing loading. A local club member who is a fair Aerobatic pilot had not learned the concept of flying in a Scale manner...had this plane...for just 3 flights. The last one was a stall, spin and crash...and as a bonus...a full blown Lipo Fire.

Beautiful plane...but you have to have your stuff together to fly it. I would say this model is a WHOLE lot more difficult to fly than a Full scale 172 or 182. Granted...totally different. But hauling back on the yoke...and pulling the plane through a hard turn typically won't snap and spin the full sized version. (At least I haven't been able to do it). In fact....I am not sure I ever really snapped the 172. We tried...with a highly aggravated stall...but it doesn't like to...by default.
Captain Carlton is offline Find More Posts by Captain Carlton
Old Jul 26, 2008, 10:34 AM
Elephant Field Flyer
Virginia Beach
Joined May 2005
211 Posts
HOLY MOLY!!!!
Tough break!
Reminds me of when my Beaver went in.....
ya start to get comfortable...
ya slow down a bit to admire it....
and than in about 2 seconds.....KaPluie!!!!

I'm still working on mine, and considering building it to sell!
WetBee is offline Find More Posts by WetBee
Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:00 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,214 Posts
I've had several planes that would snap at full elevator like that one did. Testing for this is part of all of my maiden flights now. I initially set my high rates at max control surface travel and low rate at 50% of that. I like 25% expo on both sides. If the plane snaps even on low rate I adjust the travel then start moving the CG back.
I've got a scratchbuilt twin that is a flying brick when it comes to wing loading. It will still tip stall at low speeds but it doesn't have the nightmare snap on elevator like it used to. I'm going to follow my standard procedures if I ever finish up the Cessna. I do expect to have to fly it rather than float it like a Slow Stick.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:46 PM
Silent but deadly
Cataula, Ga
Joined Mar 2005
799 Posts
I finally got to fly mine. I forgot to break out the video camera until I spent all my batteries, so I made one last circle to get a short clip for my buds. Here it is. you can hear the motor start surging as it leave the ground.

This is my second scale flying plane. I agree with above, you have to be a lot more gentle with it. I did to one aileron roll with it though, just for kicks, but it was really up there.

It's not the best video quality, but it's video.

CMP Cessna 4th flight (2 min 6 sec)
CRASH_Jim is offline Find More Posts by CRASH_Jim